Rockwell Automation, Inc.NYSE
Rockwell Automation Punished For Being Mortal
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Going Its Own Way Has Been Good For Rockwell Automation
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, Nov. 17, 12:18 PM
- In no surprise, the list is dominated by the ripping financial sector:
- Allstate (ALL +1.4%)
- Ameriprise (AMP +0.2%)
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD +1.6%)
- BB&T (BBT +2.1%)
- Citigroup (C +2.4%)
- Citizens Financial (CFG +2%)
- Comerica (CMA +1.5%)
- CNA Financial (CNA +0.6%)
- Loews Corp. (L +0.9%)
- Marsh & McLennan (MMC +1.9%)
- PNC Financial (PNC +2.6%)
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY +0.7%)
- U.S. Bancorp (USB +1.9%)
- Aetna (AET +1.5%)
- Best Buy (BBY +10.4%)
- CBS (CBS +0.6%)
- Celanese (CE +0.1%)
- Comcast (CMCSA +1.5%)
- Dell Technologies (DVMT +1.1%)
- The Gap (GPS +0.4%)
- Humana (HUM +1.4%)
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC +2.7%)
- Liberty Media (LMCA +1.6%)
- Lam Research (LRCX +1.9%)
- Micron (MU +5.3%)
- Nvidia (NVDA +2.7%)
- Rockwell (ROK -0.5%)
- Teck Resources (TCK +0.5%)
- Texas Instruments (TXN +1.1%)
- New lows:
- Novo Nordisk (NVO +0.3%)
Mon, Nov. 7, 7:58 AM
- Adjusted income of $197.7M, or $1.52 per share vs. $211.3M, or $1.57 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Segment sales: Architecture & Software +1.8%; Control Products & Solutions -8.8%.
- Free cash flow of $235.4M and cash flow provided by operating activities of $272M.
- Repurchased 1.1M shares of its common stock at a cost of $130.1M.
- "We saw solid sequential growth in our product businesses over the last two quarters that we project will continue into fiscal 2017," CEO Blake Moret declared.
- Guidance for fiscal 2017: Adjusted EPS of $5.85-$6.25, on sales growth of 1% to 5% vs. the prior year.
- ROK +3.3% premarket
- FQ4 results
Mon, Nov. 7, 7:07 AM
Sun, Nov. 6, 5:30 PM| Sun, Nov. 6, 5:30 PM | 5 Comments
Wed, Nov. 2, 11:45 AM
Mon, Oct. 24, 6:58 PM
- 3M (NYSE:MMM) is upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight and a $194 price target at Barclays, part of the firm's more optimistic outlook in the U.S. multi-industry sector that prompts several stock upgrades.
- Now is an attractive entry point for the overall group, Barclays believes, based on a view that the negative earnings revision cycle is nearing an end, greater visibility on key end-markets - particularly non-residential construction and general capital spending - and a recovery in emerging markets; $50-plus oil and potential M&A activity helps too, the firm says.
- Barclays says 3M is the largest emerging market exposed name it covers (at 35% of sales), and it believes an emerging market recovery is taking place, particularly in places where 3M has been hit hard, notably Brazil; also, the recent rally in emerging market currencies will help 3M in an outsized manner.
- In addition to 3M, Barclays upgrades WABCO Holdings (NYSE:WBC), ITT Industries (NYSE:ITT), Rexnord (NYSE:RXN) and Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK) to Overweight from Equal Weight; however, the firm downgrades Actuant (NYSE:ATU) and Terex (NYSE:TEX) to Underweight from Equal Weight.
Mon, Oct. 24, 1:57 PM
- Rockwell Automation (ROK -2.8%) is sharply lower after Schneider Electric (OTCPK:SBGSF) denies rumors that it might attempt to take over the company.
- Reports last Friday suggested that Schneider was targeting ROK for a potential acquisition at ~$18B, compared to current ~$15.5B market cap, a deal some analysts viewed deal as attractive, thus boosting the credence for the rumors.
- ROK is not commenting on the reports.
Fri, Oct. 21, 9:19 PM
- Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK) rose 4.2% in today's trade on speculation that Schneider Electric (OTCPK:SBGSF) may be preparing a takeover offer that values the maker of robotics software and equipment at $18B.
- ROK is an “extremely attractive asset” that faces a tough market in the short term, Bernstein analyst Steve Winoker says, adding that Schneider has proven that it "can be very aggressive on the acquisition front when they want an asset."
Fri, Sep. 30, 3:54 PM
- Rockwell Automation (ROK +4.7%) surges to a 52-week high as Bernstein upgrades shares to Market Perform from Underperform, saying downside catalysts - such as Emerson Electric ruling out a deal for ROK - have "come and gone."
- Bernstein believes ROK is in a trough organic decline this quarter following declining capex trends including 4-5 quarters of negative organic growth, and it gets “less bad” from here, especially with the firm's updated view of capital spending across ROK’s mix of end markets; for example, auto capex appears headed higher in 2017.
- ROK's earnings recently were hurt by a mix of market cycle swings, but capex headwinds are easing and auto will "hold up," Bernstein says.
Wed, Sep. 14, 9:39 AM
- The U.S. International Trade Commission is launching an investigation into certain industrial control system software products following a complaint filed by Rockwell Automation (ROK +0.2%).
- It will investigate products by Advantech and its subsidiary in California Advantech, as well as 3S-Smart Software Solutions.
Wed, Jul. 27, 7:04 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Wed, Jun. 8, 5:07 PM
- Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK) declares $0.725/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.44%
- Payable Sept. 12; for shareholders of record Aug. 15; ex-div Aug. 11.
Fri, May 20, 8:56 AM
- Thousands of homeowners reach a $375M settlement over claims that plutonium releases from the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant in Colorado damaged their health and devalued their property.
- The lawsuit, filed in 1990, named Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW) and Rockwell International (NYSE:ROK), which operated the plant for the Energy Department; Dow was in charge from the 1950s until 1975, when ROK took over and ran it until it closed in 1989 because of safety and environmental concerns.
- The companies said ROK's share of the settlement was $244M and Dow's was $131M, but they expect the Energy Department to repay them in full; the Energy Department says it is liable for some claims, but it is not yet clear if it would be the full amount.
Wed, Apr. 27, 7:06 AM
- Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK): FQ2 EPS of $1.37 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $1.44B (-7.1% Y/Y) beats by $40M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF