Roper Delivers A Best-In-Class Performance
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Mon, Jul. 25, 6:56 AM
Sun, Jul. 24, 5:30 PM
Mon, Apr. 25, 6:58 AM
Sun, Apr. 24, 5:30 PM
Mon, Feb. 1, 9:03 AM
- In addition to missing Q4 estimates, Roper Technologies (NYSE:ROP) is guiding for Q1 EPS of $1.42-$1.47 and 2016 EPS of $6.85-$7.15, below consensus estimates of $1.71 and $7.43.
- 2016 revenue growth guidance of 8%-10% (2%-4% organic) is above a 7.3% consensus. Op. cash flow is expected to rise to $1B from 2015's $929M and 2014's $840M.
- Q4 details: Organic revenue growth was -3.6% Y/Y (reported growth was -0.3%); forex had a 240 bps impact on sales growth. Adjusted gross margin rose 190 bps Y/Y to 61.8%; adjusted op. margin was flat at 30.1%. SG&A spend rose 7% Y/Y to $300.4M. Roper ended Q4 with $779M in cash and $3.27B in long-term debt.
- Free cash flow rose 11% in 2015 to $893M. CEO Brian Jellison: "Growth in our medical, software and RF businesses offset a significant decline in energy markets and negative foreign exchange [in 2015] ... We successfully deployed $1.8 billion in strategic acquisitions during the year and are excited about our robust pipeline for 2016. We expect to deploy over $1 billion in 2016, including the January acquisition of CliniSys Group, Ltd. which expands our global presence in software for hospital laboratories."
- ROP -3.9% premarket to $168.90.
- Q4 results, earnings release
Mon, Feb. 1, 7:01 AM
- Roper (NYSE:ROP): Q4 EPS of $1.82 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $943.64M (-0.3% Y/Y) misses by $16.97M.
Sun, Jan. 31, 5:30 PM
Oct. 26, 2015, 2:02 PM
- Roper Technologies (ROP +3.1%) has made fresh highs after beating Q3 EPS estimates (while missing on revenue) and guiding for Q4 EPS of $1.83-$1.89 vs. a $1.85 consensus.
- Along with the numbers, Roper has announced it's buying CliniSys, a European provider of lab information management software to over 2K laboratories, for £170M ($262M) in cash. The company is also buying Atlas Medical, a U.S. provider of software for managing lab workflows and connecting with patients, other labs, and information sources.
- The acquisitions follow Roper's $625M deal to buy law firm software provider Aderant. Altogether, Roper has spent $1.7B on acquisitions in 2015.
- Boosting Q3 EPS: Adjusted gross margin rose 130 bps Y/Y to 60.7%, helping adjusted op. margin rise 80 bps to 28.7%. Orders totaled $894M, yielding a book-to-bill of 1.01x.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 26, 2015, 7:03 AM
- Roper (NYSE:ROP): Q3 EPS of $1.61 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $886.1M (+0.2% Y/Y) misses by $5.54M.
Oct. 25, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jul. 27, 2015, 7:02 AM
- Roper (NYSE:ROP): Q2 EPS of $1.70 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $892.1M (+0.8% Y/Y) misses by $16.14M.
Jul. 26, 2015, 5:30 PM
Apr. 27, 2015, 7:03 AM
- Roper (NYSE:ROP): Q1 EPS of $1.55 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $865.28M (+3.7% Y/Y) misses by $9.7M.
Apr. 26, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jan. 26, 2015, 7:05 AM
- Roper (NYSE:ROP): Q4 EPS of $1.85 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $947.5M (+6.6% Y/Y) misses by $7.38M.
Roper Technologies, Inc. engages in the provision of engineered products and solutions for the global niche markets. It operates through the following segments: Medical and Scientific Imaging, RF Technology, Industrial Technology and Energy Systems and Controls. The Medical and Scientific... More
Industry: Scientific & Technical Instruments
Country: United States
Other News & PR