Apr. 22, 2015, 12:56 PM
- The FDA designates Capricor Therapeutics' (CAPR +11.3%) lead product candidate, CAP-1002, an Orphan Drug for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, a genetic disorder characterized by progressive muscle degeneration and weakness.
- CAP-1002, currently in Phase 2 development, is an "off-the-shelf" cell therapy that is derived from donor heart tissue and is infused directly into a patient's coronary artery via a catheter. In preclinical models, cardiosphere-derived cells have been shown to promote cardiomyogenesis (formation of new heart muscle) and angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels) while inhibiting oxidative stress, inflammation and fibrosis.
- Duchenne-related tickers: (SMMT -6.8%)(PTCT +0.2%)(SRPT +0.1%)(BMRN)(PFE +0.1%)(RNA)(ROSG -1.9%)(OTCQB:MRNA +1.4%)
Apr. 21, 2015, 9:42 AM
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY +1.3%) upgraded to Overweight with $80 (21% upside) by Morgan Stanley.
- Align Technology (ALGN +4.6%) upgraded to Overweight with a $79 (46% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Biocryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX +4.5%) upgraded to Neutral with $12 (20% upside) by Bank of America.
- Rosetta Genomics (ROSG -1%) upgraded to Buy with $5.50 (32% upside) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Phibro Animal Health (PAHC -2.7%) downgraded to Underweight with $35 (3% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL +0.5%) downgraded to Sell with $36 (28% downside risk) price target by UBS.
Apr. 20, 2015, 9:17 AM
Apr. 17, 2015, 10:01 AM
- Nano cap Rosetta Genomics (ROSG +6.3%) bucks the market's down move in early trading. Shares are up 27% from Tuesday's close of $3.24. Yesterday, the company announced that it received a Notice of Allowance from the USPTO covering the methods and materials of its second generation Cancer Origin Test, which uses more markers and identifies a larger spectrum of cancers than the first generation product.
Apr. 17, 2015, 9:21 AM
Apr. 9, 2015, 12:41 PM
- Rosetta Genomics (ROSG +0.7%) acquires CynoGen (d/b/a PersonalizeDx) from Prelude, a portfolio company of venture capital firm Fjord Ventures, for $2M in cash and 500K shares of ROSG stock.
- Lake Forest, CA-based PersonalizeDx provides cancer-related molecular diagnostics services to clinicians, pathologists and other reference laboratories in the U.S.
- The transaction will enable Rosetta to obtain the rights to Prelude's novel assay for ductal carcinoma in situ, the earliest form of breast cancer characterized by the presence of abnormal cells inside a milk duct in the breast.
Mar. 26, 2015, 9:13 AM
- Nano cap Rosetta Genomics (NASDAQ:ROSG) is up 11% premarket on increased volume in response to its announcement that it received a Notice of Allowance for U.S. Patent Application No. 13/412,020 entitled, "Gene Expression Signature for Classification of Kidney Tumors." The patent, jointly owned by Tel Hashomer Medical Research Ltd., claims a method for distinguishing four different types of kidney cancer: oncocytoma, clear cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC), papillary RCC and chromophobe RCC, through the expression profile of a unique set of 24 microRNAs and a classifier algorithm.
- The U.S. patent allowance will provide core protection for the Rosetta Kidney Cancer Test.
Mar. 26, 2015, 9:13 AM
Mar. 16, 2015, 4:43 PM
- Rosetta Genomics (NASDAQ:ROSG): 2H14 EPS of -$1.21 vs. -$1.25 in 2H13
- Revenue of $1.3M (+228.0% Y/Y).
Feb. 19, 2015, 10:44 AM
- "Small is better" appears to be the recent investment theme in healthcare stocks. Thinly-traded nano cap MELA Sciences (MELA +42.4%) jumps on a 12x surge in volume on no particular news. Shares are up 63% since Tuesday.
- Other recent nano/micro cap bullish moves: (CLRX +102.6%)(TTPH +8.2%)(AKAO +3.7%)(ROSG +1.8%)(HTBX -3.7%)(EGRX +3.7%)(ONCY -12%)(GENE -5%)(WGBS -5.6%)(SGNL -4.2%)
Feb. 18, 2015, 12:51 PM
Feb. 18, 2015, 11:43 AM| Feb. 18, 2015, 11:43 AM | 3 Comments
Feb. 18, 2015, 9:15 AM
Feb. 17, 2015, 12:44 PM
Feb. 17, 2015, 10:41 AM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Rosetta Genomics (ROSG +47.7%) sprints on a robust 20x surge in volume in response to its announcement of an allowance from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for a patent claiming the use of miR-34a for the treatment of p53-associated cancers and an allowance from the European Patent Office for a patent claiming the specific composition of miR-451, a miR relating to Rosetta's Cancer of Unknown Primary (CUP) testing franchise.
- The p53 protein is a sequence-specific transcription factor that is a major tumor suppressor in mammals. Inactivation of this function is one of the most frequent genetic alterations in human cancer with more than 50% of tumors carrying the mutation.
Feb. 17, 2015, 9:14 AM
Rosetta Genomics Ltd. engages in the discovery, development, commercialization, marketing, and sale of diagnostic tests and therapeutics based on micro-ribonucleic acids (microRNA). It offers proprietary microRNA technologies such as Rosetta Cancer Origin Test, Rosetta Lung Cancer Test, Rosetta... More
Industry: Diagnostic Substances
Country: United States
Other News & PR