Tue, Jun. 21, 10:02 AM
- The trucking and logistics sector is rattled by a weak read from Werner Enterprises (WERN -8.1%) on market conditions.
- The company warns it's having trouble with rate negotiations and faces driver wage pressure. Q2 EPS guidance was taken lower by Werner.
- Decliners in the sector off in early trading include Swift Transportation (SWFT -6.4%), Knight Transportation (KNX -6%), Heartland Express (HTLD -2.9%), Roadrunner Transportation Systems (RRTS -3.3%), Celadon Group (CGI -7.3%), Old Dominion Freight Lines (ODFL -2.3%), and XPO Logistics (XPO -1.4%).
- Previously: Werner Enterprises guides below expectation for Q2 (June 20)
Thu, May 5, 12:50 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:37 PM
Wed, May 4, 4:42 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Thu, Apr. 7, 6:28 PM
- Truckload freight carriers fell sharply today after Stifel analysts downgraded several operators, saying they foresee weak pricing for long-haul trucking services for the rest of the year.
- Shares of most trucking companies have been rising since mid-January, but several trucking industry research groups have said capacity in the market remains relatively plentiful, giving shipping customers more leverage.
- Shares of USA Truck (NASDAQ:USAK), which was cut to Sell from Hold ended -11.1%; Hub Group (HUBG -4.6%), Marten Transport (MRTN -6%) and Universal Truckload (UACL -5.2%) were downgraded to Hold from Buy.
- Other stocks in the sector also fell, including KNX -2.4%, SWFT -3.8%, WERN -2.5%, HTLD -1.8%, CVTI -3.6%, RRTS -2.8% and CGI -2.1%.
- Now read Caution raised on the trucking sector by Avondale Partners
Mon, Feb. 29, 12:31 PM
- JPMorgan issues a harsh assessment of the trucking sector based off of analysis of how fundamentals are setting up.
- The investment firm warns on "tepid" demand which will pressure rates. "We recommend caution on the stocks and forecast a deeper-than-expected 2016 EPS trough and slower 2017 recovery relative to consensus estimates," reads the JP note.
- Knight Transportation (KNX -3%) and Heartland Express (HTLD -2.1%) are rated at Underweight. Swift Transportation (SWFT -3.6%) is given a Neutral rating off of balanced risk and reward profile. JP sees Werner Enterprises (WERN +0.1%) as an outlier in the sector due to its diversification, and tags Werner with an Overweight rating.
- Other trucking stocks showing some weakness today include Landstar Systems (LSTR -1.2%), Roadrunner Transportation Systems (RRTS -3.8%), Marten Transport (MRTN -1.1%), and JB Hunt Transport Services (JBHT -1.4%).
Tue, Feb. 16, 5:36 PM
Thu, Feb. 4, 12:48 PM
Thu, Feb. 4, 10:13 AM
- Trucking stocks are in rally mode off a mix of macroeconomic news and earnings.
- Notable gainers include ArcBest (ARCB +11.7%), Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL +4.2%), Heartland Express (HTLD +4%), Celadon Group (CGI +8.4%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW +7.7%), Knight Transportation (KNX +2.2%), and Marten Transport (MRTN +4.1%).
- It's a moonshot for Roadrunner Transportation Systems (RRTS +37.5%) after earnings.
- Shipping companies FedEx (FDX +2.6%), AirT (AIRT +3.9%), and UPS (UPS +0.8%) are also well-ahead of broad market averages.
Wed, Feb. 3, 4:15 PM
- Roadrunner Transportation (NYSE:RRTS): Q4 EPS of $0.32 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $490.95M (-7.8% Y/Y) misses by $10.95M.
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAV, ALL, AVB, AWH, BDN, BRKS, BWLD, BXP, CACI, CBL, CCK, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CPST, DHT, ENH, EPM, EXAR, FBHS, GEOS, GLUU, GPRO, HIVE, HUBG, ICUI, IMPV, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MCHP, MDU, MET, MNR, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, NE, NXPI, OSUR, PACB, PCL, PMT, PNNT, RE, RGLD, RRTS, SFLY, SPSC, TIS, TMK, TTWO, TWO, UHAL, WFT, WSTL, XL, YUM
Dec. 23, 2015, 9:41 AM
- The American Trucking Association reports its truck tonnage index fell 0.9% M/M in November. The reading for November was 0.2% higher than the year-ago period.
- "With year-over-year gains averaging just 1.2% over the last three months, there has been a clear deceleration in truck tonnage," notes ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello.
- A high level of inventory in retail and the energy market slump could keep truck demand tepid, warns the ATA.
- Related stocks: ODFL, YRCW, RRTS, ECHO, HTLD, JBHT, SWFT, KNX, LSTR, UACL, ARCB, SAIA, CNW, XPO.
Dec. 17, 2015, 4:58 PM
- Knight Transportation (NYSE:KNX) -9% AH after cutting Q4 earnings guidance below consensus, now seeing EPS of $0.31-$0.33 vs. $0.37 analyst consensus estimate and below its prior outlook for $0.36-$0.38.
- KNX says Q4 volumes remain similar to 2014, but that it as experienced significantly fewer non-contract opportunities, resulting in revenue per total mile trending lower than originally expected which hurt EPS by $0.03-$0.04.
- Trucking peers: ODFL, YRCW, UACL, HTLD, RRTS, CGI, WERN, CVTI, MRTN, LSTR, SWFT, USAK, R, JBHT.
Nov. 5, 2015, 5:01 PM
- Roadrunner Transportation (NYSE:RRTS): Q3 EPS of $0.15 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $497.17M (-0.2% Y/Y) misses by $3.95M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME
Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. provides transportation and logistics services. It offers a suite of solutions, including customized and expedited less-than-truckload, truckload and logistics, transportation management solutions, intermodal solutions freight consolidation, inventory... More
Industry: Air Delivery & Freight Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR