Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
Mon, Feb. 29, 4:48 PM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE): Q4 Core FFO of $0.58 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $57.73M (+3.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.4M.
Thu, Feb. 25, 7:48 AM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE) agrees to sell itself to Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) for $18.25 per share in cash, a transaction value of about $2.8B. Rouse closed last night at $17.75.
- BAM one month ago initially offered $17 per share for RSE.
- Brookfield Property Partners (NYSE:BPY) is already an owner of about one-third of Rouse.
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:23 PM
- Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) - through a number of entities - already owns about 34% of General Growth Properties (NYSE:GGP), and is in talks with a number of potential partners about taking the $24B mall operator private, according to Reuters.
- Brookfield, of course, just made a $17 per share offer for Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE) which was spun off from General Growth in 2012.
- GGP +1.7% after hours
Tue, Jan. 26, 9:42 AM
- Mall players General Growth Properties (GGP +1.3%), Rouse Properties (RSE -1.4%), and Pennsylvania REIT (PEI +0.3%) are among the cuts - GGP to Equal Weight from Overweight and PEI to Underperform from Equal Weight. Rouse is cut to Equal Weight after receiving a buyout offer from Brookfield for $19 per share.
- Also downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight are Public Storage (PSA +1.1%) and Vornado Realty Trust (VNO +0.8%).
- Of the group, Public Storage has been the stalwart in a tough period for REITs - it's ahead 22% Y/Y, while the others are all significantly in the red.
Tue, Jan. 19, 12:41 PM
Tue, Jan. 19, 10:55 AM
- In addition, Brookfield (BAM +0.5%) and Rouse Properties (RSE +29.7%) have entered into a standstill agreement expiring March 4 under which Brookfield or any entities controlled by it won't accumulate any more shares in Rouse.
- Brookfield Property Partners (BPY -0.4%) already owns about one-third of the company.
- Rouse is currently trading hands at $17.52 vs. Brookfield's $17 cash offer.
- Previously: Rouse Properties soars after Brookfield Asset bids for the company (Jan. 19)
Tue, Jan. 19, 9:17 AM
Tue, Jan. 19, 8:05 AM
- On behalf of a fund it manages, Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) has offered $17 per share in cash for Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE). Brookfield Property Partners (NYSE:BPY) is also an owner of Rouse shares and plans on retaining that stake.
- Brookfield made the proposal to the Rouse board on Friday and is awaiting word.
- Rouse +26.1% to $17 premarket, but still well below its 52-week high of $20.05.
Nov. 13, 2015, 3:24 PM
- Tumbling alongside retail names after this morning's soft retail sales report, and disappointing results at J.C. Penney and Nordstrom, are the companies which rent space the sector.
- General Growth Properties (GGP -4%), Simon Property (SPG -2.5%), Kimco (KIM -1.5%), Weingarten (WRI -1.5%), Macerich (MAC -2.8%), Taubman (TCO -1.2%), Pennsylvania REIT (PEI -4.4%), Rouse (RSE -5.7%).
Nov. 12, 2015, 4:33 PM
- Westfield Carlsbad is a 1.1M square foot super regional enclosed mall. Rouse (NYSE:RSE) intends to rebrand the center as The Shoppes at Carlsbad after a comprehensive renovation in the hopes of boosting rental rates, occupancy, and leasing and sales productivity.
- The deal was funded through the issuance of $140M of preferred operating partnership units to the seller. They carry a 5% coupon and are redeemable by Rouse after three years, or by the seller after ten in the form of cash or common stock.
- The purchase brings to eight Rouse's regional retail portfolio in CA.
Nov. 2, 2015, 4:23 PM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE): Q3 FFO of $0.43 in-line.
- Revenue of $73.55M (-1.6% Y/Y) beats by $21.93M.
Sep. 24, 2015, 7:39 AM
- The new $135M mortgage for NewPark Mall - a 1M square foot property in Newark, CA - replaces the previous $65M note, demonstrating the meaningful value creation Rouse (NYSE:RSE) has been able to achieve, says the company.
- The non-recourse three-year mortgage has an interest rate of Libor + 2.1% - after a forward swap, the all-in fixed rate is 3.26%.
Aug. 3, 2015, 4:20 PM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE): Q2 FFO of $0.39 misses by $0.01.
- Minimum rents of $50.77M (+8.4% Y/Y) misses by $0.59M.
Jul. 7, 2015, 8:47 AM
- The comprehensive project hopes to transform Spring Hill Mall into the top retail, dining, and entertainment destination in Northwest Chicago. As part of the development - expected to begin in Q4 - Cinemark Holdings (NYSE:CNK) will open an eight-screen, 37K square foot state-of-the-art theater (expected in Spring 2017).
Jun. 4, 2015, 7:40 AM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE) buys Fig Garden Village, a 301.4K square foot lifestyle center in Fresno, for $106.1M. Financing the deal is a new $74.2M non-recourse loan with an interest rate of 4.14%.
- Fig Garden is 93.9% leased with total center sales of about $470 per square foot. Tenants include anchor Whole Foods, along with Lululemon, J. Crew, Pottery Barn, Chicos, Chipotle, and Starbucks.
Rouse Properties, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust. It owns and manages regional malls and its geographically diversified portfolio spans the United States from the northern coast of California to New Hampshire. The company engages in the operation, development and management of... More
Industry: Property Management
Country: United States