Rouse Properties, Inc.NYSE
Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE): Q1 FFO of $0.44 misses by $0.04.
- Minimum rents of $56.26M (+9.2% Y/Y) beats by $1.73M.
Mon, Feb. 29, 4:48 PM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE): Q4 Core FFO of $0.58 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $57.73M (+3.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.4M.
Thu, Feb. 25, 7:48 AM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE) agrees to sell itself to Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) for $18.25 per share in cash, a transaction value of about $2.8B. Rouse closed last night at $17.75.
- BAM one month ago initially offered $17 per share for RSE.
- Brookfield Property Partners (NYSE:BPY) is already an owner of about one-third of Rouse.
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:23 PM
- Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) - through a number of entities - already owns about 34% of General Growth Properties (NYSE:GGP), and is in talks with a number of potential partners about taking the $24B mall operator private, according to Reuters.
- Brookfield, of course, just made a $17 per share offer for Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE) which was spun off from General Growth in 2012.
- GGP +1.7% after hours
Tue, Jan. 26, 9:42 AM
- Mall players General Growth Properties (GGP +1.3%), Rouse Properties (RSE -1.4%), and Pennsylvania REIT (PEI +0.3%) are among the cuts - GGP to Equal Weight from Overweight and PEI to Underperform from Equal Weight. Rouse is cut to Equal Weight after receiving a buyout offer from Brookfield for $19 per share.
- Also downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight are Public Storage (PSA +1.1%) and Vornado Realty Trust (VNO +0.8%).
- Of the group, Public Storage has been the stalwart in a tough period for REITs - it's ahead 22% Y/Y, while the others are all significantly in the red.
Tue, Jan. 19, 12:41 PM
Tue, Jan. 19, 10:55 AM
- In addition, Brookfield (BAM +0.5%) and Rouse Properties (RSE +29.7%) have entered into a standstill agreement expiring March 4 under which Brookfield or any entities controlled by it won't accumulate any more shares in Rouse.
- Brookfield Property Partners (BPY -0.4%) already owns about one-third of the company.
- Rouse is currently trading hands at $17.52 vs. Brookfield's $17 cash offer.
- Previously: Rouse Properties soars after Brookfield Asset bids for the company (Jan. 19)
Tue, Jan. 19, 9:17 AM
Tue, Jan. 19, 8:05 AM
- On behalf of a fund it manages, Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) has offered $17 per share in cash for Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE). Brookfield Property Partners (NYSE:BPY) is also an owner of Rouse shares and plans on retaining that stake.
- Brookfield made the proposal to the Rouse board on Friday and is awaiting word.
- Rouse +26.1% to $17 premarket, but still well below its 52-week high of $20.05.
Nov. 13, 2015, 3:24 PM
- Tumbling alongside retail names after this morning's soft retail sales report, and disappointing results at J.C. Penney and Nordstrom, are the companies which rent space the sector.
- General Growth Properties (GGP -4%), Simon Property (SPG -2.5%), Kimco (KIM -1.5%), Weingarten (WRI -1.5%), Macerich (MAC -2.8%), Taubman (TCO -1.2%), Pennsylvania REIT (PEI -4.4%), Rouse (RSE -5.7%).
Nov. 12, 2015, 4:33 PM
- Westfield Carlsbad is a 1.1M square foot super regional enclosed mall. Rouse (NYSE:RSE) intends to rebrand the center as The Shoppes at Carlsbad after a comprehensive renovation in the hopes of boosting rental rates, occupancy, and leasing and sales productivity.
- The deal was funded through the issuance of $140M of preferred operating partnership units to the seller. They carry a 5% coupon and are redeemable by Rouse after three years, or by the seller after ten in the form of cash or common stock.
- The purchase brings to eight Rouse's regional retail portfolio in CA.
Nov. 2, 2015, 4:23 PM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE): Q3 FFO of $0.43 in-line.
- Revenue of $73.55M (-1.6% Y/Y) beats by $21.93M.
Sep. 24, 2015, 7:39 AM
- The new $135M mortgage for NewPark Mall - a 1M square foot property in Newark, CA - replaces the previous $65M note, demonstrating the meaningful value creation Rouse (NYSE:RSE) has been able to achieve, says the company.
- The non-recourse three-year mortgage has an interest rate of Libor + 2.1% - after a forward swap, the all-in fixed rate is 3.26%.
Aug. 3, 2015, 4:20 PM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE): Q2 FFO of $0.39 misses by $0.01.
- Minimum rents of $50.77M (+8.4% Y/Y) misses by $0.59M.
Jul. 7, 2015, 8:47 AM
- The comprehensive project hopes to transform Spring Hill Mall into the top retail, dining, and entertainment destination in Northwest Chicago. As part of the development - expected to begin in Q4 - Cinemark Holdings (NYSE:CNK) will open an eight-screen, 37K square foot state-of-the-art theater (expected in Spring 2017).
Jun. 4, 2015, 7:40 AM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE) buys Fig Garden Village, a 301.4K square foot lifestyle center in Fresno, for $106.1M. Financing the deal is a new $74.2M non-recourse loan with an interest rate of 4.14%.
- Fig Garden is 93.9% leased with total center sales of about $470 per square foot. Tenants include anchor Whole Foods, along with Lululemon, J. Crew, Pottery Barn, Chicos, Chipotle, and Starbucks.