Thu, Feb. 25, 7:48 AM
- Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE) agrees to sell itself to Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) for $18.25 per share in cash, a transaction value of about $2.8B. Rouse closed last night at $17.75.
- BAM one month ago initially offered $17 per share for RSE.
- Brookfield Property Partners (NYSE:BPY) is already an owner of about one-third of Rouse.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:23 PM
- Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) - through a number of entities - already owns about 34% of General Growth Properties (NYSE:GGP), and is in talks with a number of potential partners about taking the $24B mall operator private, according to Reuters.
- Brookfield, of course, just made a $17 per share offer for Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE) which was spun off from General Growth in 2012.
- GGP +1.7% after hours
Tue, Jan. 19, 12:41 PM
Tue, Jan. 19, 10:55 AM
- In addition, Brookfield (BAM +0.5%) and Rouse Properties (RSE +29.7%) have entered into a standstill agreement expiring March 4 under which Brookfield or any entities controlled by it won't accumulate any more shares in Rouse.
- Brookfield Property Partners (BPY -0.4%) already owns about one-third of the company.
- Rouse is currently trading hands at $17.52 vs. Brookfield's $17 cash offer.
- Previously: Rouse Properties soars after Brookfield Asset bids for the company (Jan. 19)
Tue, Jan. 19, 9:17 AM
Tue, Jan. 19, 8:05 AM
- On behalf of a fund it manages, Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) has offered $17 per share in cash for Rouse Properties (NYSE:RSE). Brookfield Property Partners (NYSE:BPY) is also an owner of Rouse shares and plans on retaining that stake.
- Brookfield made the proposal to the Rouse board on Friday and is awaiting word.
- Rouse +26.1% to $17 premarket, but still well below its 52-week high of $20.05.
- Source: Press release
Nov. 13, 2015, 3:24 PM
- Tumbling alongside retail names after this morning's soft retail sales report, and disappointing results at J.C. Penney and Nordstrom, are the companies which rent space the sector.
- General Growth Properties (GGP -4%), Simon Property (SPG -2.5%), Kimco (KIM -1.5%), Weingarten (WRI -1.5%), Macerich (MAC -2.8%), Taubman (TCO -1.2%), Pennsylvania REIT (PEI -4.4%), Rouse (RSE -5.7%).
Oct. 21, 2014, 9:43 AM
Jan. 7, 2014, 12:47 PM
- The offering of 7M shares with 1.05M share greenshoe would add more than 16% to the float if the option is taken up in full.
- In addition to the usual general corporate purposes, Rouse (RSE -4.3%) intends to use the proceeds to pay off debt taken out to fund the purchase of two enclosed malls last month.
Rouse Properties, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust. It owns and manages regional malls and its geographically diversified portfolio spans the United States from the northern coast of California to New Hampshire. The company engages in the operation, development and management of... More
Industry: Property Management
Country: United States
Other News & PR