Ian Bezek • 24 Comments
Nov. 7, 2013, 2:47 PM
Nov. 6, 2013, 5:06 PM
- SolarCity (SCTY) expects Q4 revenue of $40M-$46M ($22M-$24M in operating lease revenue, $18M-$22M in systems sale revenue) and EPS of -$0.55 to -$0.65 vs. a consensus of -$0.47. 101MW are expected to be deployed, a figure that meshes with existing full-year guidance of 278MW. 2014 guidance for 475MW-525MW in deployments has been reiterated. Shares -2.7% AH, giving back a small portion of the year's big gains. (Q3 results, PR)
- Giant Interactive (GA) expects Q4 revenue to "grow moderately" relative to a Q3 level of $96.4M. That suggests the company could miss a Q4 revenue consensus of $101.8M. Shares unchanged AH for now. (Q3 results, PR)
- Following a Q3 miss, Rosetta Stone (RST) expects 2013 revenue of $270M-$280M and EPS of -$0.12 to -$0.01, below a consensus of $286.5M and $0.01. The language software vendor blames "lower pricing and softness" in retail channels for its near-term issues. Shares -11.2% AH. (Q3 results, PR)
Nov. 6, 2013, 4:40 PM
- Rosetta Stone (RST): FQ3 EPS of -$0.12 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $60.87M misses by $9.71M. (PR)
Oct. 18, 2013, 9:25 AM
- Rosetta Stone (RST) is moving into the mobile gaming space with the debut of "Rosetta Stone Arcade Academy" for iOS. The initial launch includes 12 freemium games that aim to teach Spanish. The games allow users to buy value packs to unlock more content and move through it more rapidly.
- "Rosetta Stone saw some degree of success in this area with their recent children's edutainment offering, Rosetta Stone Kids Lingo Letter Sounds, which is currently the #2 most downloaded free app in the Kids section of the App Store," Forbes observes.
Aug. 22, 2013, 5:01 PM
- Rosetta Stone (RST +2.3%) announces its board has approved a share repurchase program of up to $25M.
- If carried out in full, the buyback program would reduce shares outstanding by 7.4%.
Aug. 21, 2013, 1:40 PM
- Retail is in a state of "bifurcation" as on-trend luxury retailers (KORS, JWN, TIF) and home improvement specialists (HD, LOW) thrive, while heavyweight merchandise retailers (WMT, TGT, COST), mall-based apparel chains (AEO, ARO, LTD), and discounters (DG, DLTR, FDO) disappoint.
- As execs with Target noted during the firm's earnings call this morning, consumers seem more than happy to buy new automobiles and fix up their houses - but have tightened up on toothbrushes, socks, and soap.
- A few companies - through some good luck and solid execution - sit in a consumer demand sweet spot. Ross Stores (RST), TJX Companies (TJX), and Subaru (FUJHY.PK) come to mind.
- Related ETFs: XRT, RTH, PMR, RETL.
Aug. 7, 2013, 5:05 PM
- Rosetta Stone (RST): Q2 EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $62.13M misses by $1.45M. (PR)
Jul. 25, 2013, 9:49 AM
Jun. 6, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jun. 6, 2013, 9:10 AM
Jun. 5, 2013, 4:41 PM
Rosetta Stone (RST) announces a 3.5M share secondary offering. The selling stockholders, ABS Capital Partners IV Trust and Norwest Equity Partners VIII, LP, are offering 3,490,000 shares, with Rosetta Stone rounding it out with 10,000 shares. RST intends to use the net proceeds from its 10K shares to pay for the fees and expenses incurred in connection with the offering. The company will not receive any proceeds from the sale of the shares offered by the selling stockholders. Shares -1.6% AH.| Jun. 5, 2013, 4:41 PM
May 8, 2013, 4:39 PMRosetta Stone (RST): Q1 EPS of -$0.03 misses by $0.05. Revenue of $63.92M (-8% Y/Y) misses by $0.56M. (PR) | May 8, 2013, 4:39 PM
May 8, 2013, 12:10 AM
Notable earnings after Wednesday’s close: AHT, ALJ, ATLS, ATVI, AVNR, CF, CLNE, CLR, CTL, CTRP, CUZ, CXW, DEPO, DK, ERII, ETE, ETP, GMCR, GRPN, GSS, HALO, HEK, HNSN, JOE, LPSN, MBLX, MDR, MED, MIDD, MM, MNST, MNTX, MWE, NWSA, OSUR, PPO, PVA, QTM, RAX, RGP, RIG, RST, SGMO, SPRD, SSRI, STEC, SXL, SZYM, TCAP, TSLA, WR, XTEX| May 8, 2013, 12:10 AM
May 7, 2013, 5:35 PM
Notable earnings after Wednesday’s close: AHT, ALJ, ATLS, ATVI, AVNR, CF, CLNE, CLR, CTL, CTRP, CUZ, CXW, DEPO, DK, ERII, ETE, ETP, GMCR, GRPN, GSS, HALO, HEK, HNSN, JOE, LPSN, MBLX, MDR, MED, MIDD, MM, MNST, MNTX, MWE, NWSA, OSUR, PPO, PVA, QTM, RAX, RGP, RIG, RST, SGMO, SPRD, SSRI, STEC, SXL, SZYM, TCAP, TSLA, WR, XTEX| May 7, 2013, 5:35 PM
Apr. 4, 2013, 4:47 PM
Rosetta Stone (RST) says it's closing all of its iconic yellow kiosk locations and cutting 245 part and full-time employees as it converts to strictly an online operation. The language-learning company made its mark selling language courses through CDs offered in kiosks in malls and airports throughout the world. But kiosk sales have been shrinking, as customers shift away from software in favor of cloud-based and mobile applications.| Apr. 4, 2013, 4:47 PM
Feb. 28, 2013, 4:45 PMRosetta Stone (RST): Q4 EPS of $0.15 in-line. Revenue of $78.7M (-2% Y/Y) misses by $1.99M. (PR) | Feb. 28, 2013, 4:45 PM