What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Feb. 4, 8:16 AM
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABG, ABMD, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BR, BSX, BZH, CARB, CFX, CHTR, CI, CLX, CMI, CMS, COP, COTY, CRS, CS, CSL, CUB, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EQM, EQT, GLPI, GRUB, HIMX, ICE, IT, ITG, KELYA, LQDT, LVLT, MD, MHFI, MHO, MMC, MMP, MMS, MSCI, MSG, NAO, NYT, ODFL, OXY, PBH, PM, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, RDS.A, RFP, RL, RSTI, SBH, SNA, SPH, SQNS, STRA, TDC, TDY, TE, TPX, UTEK, VLP, VMC, WEC, XYL
Fri, Jan. 29, 12:39 PM
- Coherent (COHR +20.5%) missed FQ1 sales estimates (while beating on EPS) and guided on its earnings call (transcript) for FQ2 revenue of $195M-$200M, below a $208.7M consensus.
- However, the industrial laser maker also reported FQ1 bookings totaled $273M, up 32.9% Q/Q and 68% Y/Y, and good for a 1.43 book-to-bill. Moreover, a fresh bookings record is forecast for FQ2, and orders are expected to remain strong in the second half of FY16.
- CEO John Ambroseo attributed the numbers to strong OLED manufacturing-related orders for Coherent's Linebeam systems. "The first wave of orders for large format Linebeam systems to be used in OLED production accounted for the bookings increase. The second wave has already arrived in the current quarter with an order well in excess of $150 million. There are a significant number of orders pending for the balance of the second quarter and for the remainder of fiscal 2016 ... We can tell you that deliveries begin in the June quarter and run through calendar 2017."
- The disclosure comes shortly after LG Display announced new investments to ramp OLED TV panel production, and amid reports Apple plans to use OLEDs in future iPhones (one report indicated a 2018 ETA).
- OLED materials/IP provider Universal Display (OLED +8.6%) is up strongly. Coherent peers Rofin-Sinar (RSTI +4.3%), IPG Photonics (IPGP +2.6%), and Newport (NEWP +3.5%) are also doing well. The Nasdaq is up 1.5%.
- Coherent's FQ1 results, earnings release
Nov. 12, 2015, 8:07 AM
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies (NASDAQ:RSTI): FQ4 EPS of $0.52 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $142M (-2.8% Y/Y) beats by $5.57M.
Nov. 11, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 6, 2015, 8:06 AM
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies (NASDAQ:RSTI): FQ3 EPS of $0.41 in-line.
- Revenue of $132.55M (-1.3% Y/Y) misses by $1.77M.
May 7, 2015, 8:01 AM
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies (NASDAQ:RSTI): Q1 EPS of $0.31 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $122.72M (-4.6% Y/Y) misses by $2.38M.
Apr. 30, 2015, 4:00 PM
- Though industrial laser maker Coherent (COHR -5.7%) beat FQ2 estimates, it guided on its CC (transcript) for FQ3 revenue of $190M-$210M, mostly below a $209.6M consensus. The company also guided for FY15 (ends Sep. '15) revenue of $820M-$830M, below an $840.9M consensus.
- Peers IPG Photonics (IPGP -4.1%), Newport (NEWP -5.2%), and Rofin-Sinar (RSTI -2.8%) have joined Coherent in underperforming amid a 1.8% drop for the Nasdaq. Laser component makers II-VI (IIVI -6.2%) and GSI Group (GSIG -4.8%) have also sold off.
- Coherent partly blamed its guidance on a strong dollar. However, the company also noted "capex investments have been muted despite continued growth in bit and device output due, in part to yield and process enhancements" - capex budget cuts from chip giants Intel and TSMC were highlighted - and that a $10M deal for a consumer electronics packaging laser project fell through when the customer "decided to stick with their current process and reuse existing equipment."
- FQ2 book-to-bill was still a solid 1.08, and Coheren't backlog of orders expected to ship within 12 months was up 4% Y/Y to $315.3M. Materials processing and instrumentation/OEM component orders were strong, while microelectronics (chip) industry orders were soft.
- IPG is down 6% since posting mixed Q1 results and solid Q2 guidance on Tuesday morning. II-VII is down 5% since providing an FQ3 beat at the same time.
Feb. 5, 2015, 8:07 AM
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies (NASDAQ:RSTI): FQ3 EPS of $0.22 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $122.39M (+1.0% Y/Y) misses by $8.84M.
Feb. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ADS, AINV, AMSC, APO, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BDC, BDX, BLL, BR, CFX, CHTR, CI, CMI, COTY, CSL, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EL, EQM, EQT, ETR, FBP, FIS, GLT, GPI, GPK, GRA, GRUB, ICE, IT, IVC, KORS, LAZ, LIOX, LQDT, MDSO, MMP, MMS, MSCI, NGD, NUS, ODFL, OZM, PBH, PM, PPL, PRGO, PRLB, PTEN, RFP, RSTI, SBH, SIRI, SNA, SNCR, SPH, SQNS, TDC, TE, TEVA, TW, USG, UTEK, VLP, VMC, VSH, XYL
Nov. 13, 2014, 8:04 AM
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies (NASDAQ:RSTI): FQ4 EPS of $0.43 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $146.05M (-1.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.45M.
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:06 AM
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies (NASDAQ:RSTI): FQ3 EPS of $0.23 in-line.
- Revenue of $134.28M (-3.5% Y/Y) misses by $1.62M.
May 8, 2014, 8:18 AM
- Rofin-Sinar (RSTI): FQ2 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $128.6M (-1.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.87M.
Feb. 6, 2014, 8:03 AM
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies, Inc. (RSTI): Q4 EPS of $0.08 in-line.
- Revenue of $128.19M (-9.9% Y/Y) beats by $2.51M.
Rofin-Sinar Technologies Inc is engaged in the design, development, engineering, manufacturing and marketing of laser-based products, which are used for cutting, welding and marking various materials.
Other News & PR