Raytheon: A Safe Investment For A Dangerous World
Thu, Sep. 29, 8:39 AM| Thu, Sep. 29, 8:39 AM | 1 Comment
Tue, Sep. 27, 9:44 AM| Tue, Sep. 27, 9:44 AM
Thu, Sep. 22, 5:01 PM
- Imperva (NYSE:IMPV) disclosed previously it had retained Qatalyst Partners to review strategic alternatives subsequent reports the company was considering a potential sale.
- Talk now circulating has IBM, Cisco and possibly others looking to make a move.
- Update (9/23 4:07PM ET): Bloomberg reported the above-mentioned names as having expressed interest in addition to Forcepoint (NYSE:RTN) and Akamai Technologies (NASDAQ:AKAM). Though no deals materialized today, Imperva shares are nonetheless holding a 20%+ upswing on the report into the weekend.
Thu, Sep. 22, 4:20 PM
Tue, Sep. 13, 5:06 PM
- Boeing (NYSE:BA) and Saab (OTC:SAABF) today unveiled their entry into the U.S. Air Force's $11B competition for a new jet to train fighter and bomber pilots, with the company’s St. Louis hub operations on the line.
- The Boeing-Saab bid faces a fight with Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT), Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC) and Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) for the contract to produce 351 jets through the T-X advanced trainer program, and the winning entry will replace the aging T-38 fleet on which U.S. military pilots have honed their flying skills since 1961.
- The Air Force is not expected to release its final criteria until December, picking a winner next year who would begin production in fiscal 2018, and the new trainer is not spected to begin preparing a new generation of pilots for combat for another eight years.
Thu, Sep. 8, 7:53 AM
- Poland remains in talks with Lockheed Martin's (NYSE:LMT) MEADS joint venture regarding the purchase of an Medium Extended Air Defense System despite arrangements it has made with Raytheon (NYSE:RTN).
- The country this week said it would seek formal U.S. approval to buy eight Patriot missile defense systems aiming to close a deal worth an estimated $5B.
- "Raytheon is leading in this race. But if we are unable to get along, we want to have another negotiation option open," said Deputy Defense Minister Bartosz Kownacki.
Wed, Sep. 7, 2:26 AM
- Poland is seeking formal U.S. approval to buy eight Patriot missile defense systems from Raytheon (NYSE:RTN), marking a key move toward closing the estimated $5B deal.
- If cleared, the country will become the 6th NATO Patriot country and the 14th Patriot partner nation.
- Raytheon has agreed to perform at least half the value of the work in Poland.
Tue, Aug. 30, 8:37 AM
- Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center - Division Newport have enhanced the company's AN/AQS-20A mine-hunting sonar for better performance and reliability, including higher-quality imaging of objects deep under the sea.
- Raytheon and NUWC formally launched the collaboration last year, under a "work for private party" contract funded by RTN.
Mon, Aug. 29, 10:17 AM
- Raytheon (RTN +0.4%) lands a ~$37M contract for the procurement of MK 54 lightweight torpedo common parts kits; MK 54 Mod 0 lightweight torpedo kits; and MK 54 exercise fuel tanks, spares, production support material, engineering support, and hardware repair support.
- The contract includes options which, if exercised, would bring the cumulative value of this contract to $448M, and combines purchases for the U.S. Navy (98%) and Thailand (2%) under the Foreign Military Sales Program.
Wed, Aug. 17, 10:30 AM
- The U.S. Navy has conducted its first firing from the SeaRAM anti-ship defense system produced by Raytheon (RTN -0.2%) installed on the USS Carney stationed in Rota, Spain.
- The SeaRAM detected, tracked and engaged an inbound BQM-74E target, intercepting it with a RAM Block II missile in a mid-July test.
- USS Carney is the second of four guided-missile destroyers stationed near the Mediterranean Sea to receive a SeaRAM system.
Mon, Aug. 8, 9:45 AM
- Raytheon (RTN -0.5%) has secured a U.S. Navy contract to provide conversion, system overhaul and upgrade services as well as related hardware for MK 15 Close-In Weapon Systems.
- The modification contract, worth $288M, will include purchases for the Navy and foreign allies comprising governments of Turkey as well as Australia.
Wed, Aug. 3, 9:31 AM
- The U.S. Missile Defense Agency has exercised a $523M contract option with Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) to produce, test and deliver 47 Standard Missile-3 Block IB interceptors for operational testing and deployment.
- The guided missiles are used by the U.S. Navy to provide regional defense against short-to-intermediate-range ballistic missile threats.
Thu, Jul. 28, 7:56 AM
- Income from continuing operations $710M, or $2.38 per share vs. $504M, or $1.65 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Revenue by segment: Integrated Defense Systems -11%; Intelligence, Information and Services +3%; Missile Systems +6%; Space and Airborne Systems +9%.
- Bookings fell 6.1% to $7.1B from $7.6B in the prior year period. Backlog at the end of Q2 was $35.3B, compared to $34.5B a year earlier.
- Repurchased 1.6M shares of common stock for $202M during the quarter.
- Updated outlook for 2016: EPS from continuing operations of $7.13-$7.33 (vs. $6.93-$7.13 previously), on sales of $24B-$24.5B.
- RTN +2.4% premarket
- Q2 results
Thu, Jul. 28, 7:07 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Mon, Jul. 25, 9:03 AM
- Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) is developing new technologies to allow the next generation of manned and unmanned flying vehicles to communicate seamlessly, even in hostile environments.
- Under two contracts totaling $9M, Raytheon BBN Technologies will deliver new networking solutions as part of the DARPA's Dynamic Network Adaptation for Mission Optimization program.