Wed, Sep. 7, 12:43 PM
Wed, Sep. 7, 11:00 AM
Wed, Sep. 7, 9:17 AM
Wed, Sep. 7, 8:22 AM
- Micro cap Retrophin (NASDAQ:RTRX) is up 29% premarket on robust volume in response to its announcement of positive results in a Phase 2 clinical trial, DUET, evaluating sparsentan (RE-021) for the treatment of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, a rare kidney disorder that leads to end-stage renal disease.
- The study met its primary endpoint of a statistically valid reduction (more than two-fold) in proteinuria (protein in urine) compared to irbesartan [Sanofi's (NYSE:SNY) Avapro] after an eight-week treatment period. Specifically, patients treated with 200, 400 and 800 mg/day of sparsentan (n=64) showed a mean reduction of proteinuria from baseline of 44.8% after eight weeks of treatment compared to 18% for those (n=32) receiving 300 mg/day of irbesartan (p=0.006). The 400 mg and 800 mg sparsentan cohorts also showed superiority to 300 mg of irbesartan, 47.4% vs. 19.0% (p=0.011).
- The individual sparsentan cohorts, however, failed to show statistically valid superiority to irbesartan although clear signals of relative improvement were observed.
- The company plans to present the data at an upcoming medical conference or submit it for publication.
- Management will host a conference call this morning at 8:30 am ET to discuss the data.
Thu, Aug. 18, 8:46 AM
- Raptor Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:RPTP) is ahead 16% premarket on robust volume on the buzz that several companies are eyeing the Novato, CA firm, including Shire plc (NASDAQ:SHPG) who alleged has already bid $800M and Retrophin (NASDAQ:RTRX), founded by biotech bad boy Martin Shkreli.
- Raptor focuses its development efforts in rare diseases. Its pipeline includes programs in Huntington's disease, cancer, cystic fibrosis and mitochondrial diseases.
- It currently markets two products: PROCYSBI (cysteamine bitartrate) delayed-release capsules for nephropathic cystinosis and QUINSAIR (aerosolized form of levofloxacin) for the management of chronic pulmonary infections.
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:30 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Mon, Jun. 20, 5:01 PM
- Retrophin (NASDAQ:RTRX) secures the rights to a liquid formulation of ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) from privately held Asklepion Pharmaceuticals for the potential treatment of primary biliary cholangitis (PBC).
- Under the terms of the license agreement, Asklepion will receive an upfront payment of $0.5M and and up to $23.5M in sales-based milestones. It is eligible to receive up to $35.0M in milestones related to additional indications. Retrophin will assume all future program costs and will pay Asklepion tiered royalties on net sales.
- Retrophin says it will file a New Drug Application (NDA) for the PBC indication in 2017.
- UDCA, or ursadiol, is a naturally occurring hydrophilic bile acid derived from cholesterol. A liquid formulation would provide an attractive dosing alternative to patients who have difficulty swallowing pills.
- In late May, the FDA approved Intercept Pharmaceuticals' (NASDAQ:ICPT) Ocaliva (obeticholic acid), in combination with UDCA, for the treatment of PBC. Both are orally administered in tablet form.
Sun, Jun. 5, 8:28 AM
- Prosecutors have filed new charges accusing Martin Shkreli of engaging in more illegal maneuvers at his old drug company Retrophin (NASDAQ:RTRX) by using employees and consultants to conceal control of his stock.
- The new eight-count indictment, adding a conspiracy charge, sheds more light on the e-mail communications between Shkreli and his former corporate lawyer, Evan Greebel, who is accused of covering up securities fraud.
- A court hearing on the case is scheduled for tomorrow.
Tue, May 3, 4:05 PM
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Fri, Apr. 15, 11:46 AM
- Celator Pharmaceuticals (CPXX +4.6%) initiated with Buy rating and $24 (63% upside) price target by Needham.
- Retrophin (RTRX -1.7%) initiated with Outperform rating and $25 (67%upside) price target by BMO Capital.
- Fate Therapeutics (FATE -3.2%) initiated with Outperform rating and $4 (85% upside) price target by BMO Capital.
- Tobira Therapeutics (TBRA +4.4%) initiated with Buy rating and $22 price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI +2.4%) initiated with Buy rating and $23 (21% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Cleveland Research rates UnitedHealth Group (UNH -0.9%) a Buy with a $155 (22% upside) price target; Anthem (ANTM -0.5%) a Buy with a $170 (20% upside) price target and Aetna (AET -0.4%) Neutral with a $120 (10% upside) price target.
- Glaukos (GKOS +0.3%) initiated with Hold rating by Stifel.
- Baxter International (BAX -0.3%) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral by Piper Jaffray. Price target raised to $58 (36% upside) from $39.
- Baird upgrades Exactech (EXAC +0.7%) to Outperform from Neutral and raises the price target to $26 (18% upside) from $21. Stryker (SYK -0.9%) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform and raises the price target to $116 (6% upside) from $111.
- Tenet Healthcare (THC -2.5%) upgraded to Positive from Neutral by Susquehanna.
- Clovis Oncology (CLVS -1.5%) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JP Morgan. Price target lowered to $15 (7% upside) from $42.
- AstraZeneca (AZN +0.3%) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to 3,700p (11% downside risk) from 4,400p.
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT +0.2%) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target lowered to $80 (48% downside risk) from $100.
Thu, Feb. 25, 4:05 PM
- Retrophin (NASDAQ:RTRX): Q4 EPS of $0.07 beats by $0.29.
- Revenue of $30.4M (+117.0% Y/Y) beats by $1M.
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ADSK, AEGR, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMH, ATLS, AXLL, BGS, BIDU, BIO, BLOX, BMRN, BVN, CBI, CBPO, CLVS, COWN, CSU, CVT, DGI, DK, DKL, DLR, EBS, ENV, EOG, EVC, GERN, GG, GPS, GSAT, HASI, HEI, HK, HLF, HTGC, HWAY, IART, IM, IMMR, INTU, KBR, KHC, KND, KW, KWR, LYV, MACK, MAIN, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNST, MTZ, NDLS, NNI, NTRI, OLED, OUT, OVAS, PANW, PBA, PEGA, PFMT, PODD, PRAA, RARE, RBA, RLOC, RPTP, RRC, RRMS, RTRX, SBAC, SEM, SEMG, SPLK, SPNC, SSRI, STAG, STMP, STRZA, SWN, TSRO, TWOU, TXMD, UHS, WIFI, WPG, WTW, XNPT, ZOES
Wed, Feb. 24, 11:23 AM
- The European Commission designates Retrophin's (RTRX -2%) RE-024 an Orphan Drug for the treatment of pantothenate kinase-associated neurodegeneration ((PKAN)), a rare and life-threatening genetic disorder caused by mutations in the PANK2 gene that results in the accumulation of iron in the brain. There are no approved treatments for the condition.
- The PANK2 gene encodes a crucial protein that phosphorylates (introduces a phosphate group) vitamin B5 (pantothenate) to phosphopantothenate. The disruption of this metabolic pathway leads to decreased levels of Coenzyme A (CoA), which plays a key role in many cellular functions.
- RE-024 is a small molecule that serves as phosphopantothenate replacement therapy for PKAN, which leads to the restoration of normal CoA levels.
- Among the benefits of Orphan Drug status in the EU is a 10-year period of market exclusivity for the indication, if approved.
Dec. 18, 2015, 11:14 AM
- The board of Turing Pharmaceuticals is supposedly close to replacing recently arrested Martin Shkreli as CEO. He founded the company earlier this year after being ousted from Retrophin (RTRX -1.3%).
- Previously: KaloBios chief Shkreli arrested on securities fraud charge; shares plunge 50% premarket (Dec. 17)
- Update: Turing's board names Chairman Ron Tilles as interim CEO following Mr. Shkreli's resignation.