- Riverbed's revenue grew at a CAGR of 27.5% from 2009-2013. However, revenue growth has slowed drastically in recent years.
- The company's growth is being impacted by the decline of the WAN optimization market. The WAN optimization market is expected to continue to decline.
- Riverbed's application performance management revenue has started to slow despite strong market growth. This is due to Riverbed suffering from subpar sales execution.
- Management has grown ADC revenue in line with the industry's growth. Yet, Riverbed will have a difficult time outpacing the ADC market's growth due to a very competitive market.
- Riverbed has expanded into new markets. However, Riverbed is going to under perform due to poor sales execution, a declining mature market, and an intensely competitive market.