Tue, Nov. 24, 1:49 PM
- A global travel warning issued by the U.S. Department is impacting several sectors. Hotel stocks are notably weaker, while amusement park stocks are also trailing broad market averages. Airlines are feeling a double whammy from travel demand concerns and a 3% rise in crude oil futures.
- In some cases the sell-off appears to be an overreaction with little evidence in that travel habits will change dramatically, according to some analysts.
- Decliners include Hyatt Hotels (H -1.5%), Hilton Worldwide (HLT -1.1%), Marriott International (MAR -1.8%), JetBlue (JBLU -1.7%), Delta Air Lines (DAL -3.3%), American Airlines Group (AAL -2.4%), United Continental (UAL -3.2%), Allegiant Travel (ALGT -5.3%), Spirit Airlines (SAVE -4.1%), Southwest Airlines (LUV -2.7%), Six Flags (SIX -1.0%), Cedar Fair (FUN -1.0%), Disney (DIS -0.9%), and Sabre (SABR -3.9%), Virgin Amerinca (VA -2.5%), Alaska Air Group (ALK -1.5%).
- Previously: PCLN, EXPE, TRIP sell off after State Department issues travel warning (Nov. 24)
Mon, May 18, 6:28 PM
May 29, 2014, 9:45 AM
- MercadoLibre (MELI +3.8%) has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan two weeks after agreeing to change its Venezuelan forex accounting.
- Portugal Telecom (PT -2.2%) has been cut to Hold by Berenberg.
- HomeAway (AWAY -5.3%) has been cut to Neutral by JPMorgan.
- Atmel (ATML +2.2%) has been started at Outperform by ING.
- ePlus (PLUS +1.2%) has been started at Outperform by William Blair.
- Sabre (SABR +1.1%) has been started at Outperform by Bernstein. A long line of IPO underwriters launched coverage with bullish ratings on Tuesday.
May 27, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Splunk (SPLK +5.8%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Northland ahead of its Thursday FQ1 report, and has also received another bullish Pac Crest note. The company recently received bullish commentary from JMP and other analysts.
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW +2.9%) has upgraded to Buy by Nomura ahead of Wednesday's FQ3 report. The firm sees fewer risks related to Juniper's suit.
- Guidewire (GWRE +4.4%) has been upgraded to Neutral by Citi ahead of its June 2 FQ3 report.
- NTELOS (NTLS -5.6%) has been downgraded to Hold by Jefferies. Shares jumped last week after the company extended its Sprint deal to 2022, albeit while axing its dividend.
- Sabre (SABR +3%) has received bullish ratings from 9 IPO underwriters. PTs are generally around $20.
- Brooks Automation (BRKS +5.6%) has been upgraded to Buy by B. Riley.
Apr. 17, 2014, 10:20 AM| Apr. 17, 2014, 10:20 AM | Comment!
Other News & PR