There are no Focus articles on SAFRF.
There are no Transcripts on SAFRF.
There are no News articles on SAFRF.
Wed, Jul. 16, 10:27 AM
- CFM International, a joint venture between GE (GE +0.6%) and Safran (OTC:SAFRF) has been awarded a $3.7B contract by Juneyao Airlines' 9 Air subsidiary to supply the engines to 30 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft and 20 Next-Generation 737s.
- The contract price includes spare engines and a long-term service agreement.
- "We have had a great experience operating CFM engines in Juneyao Airlines and we look forward to strengthening this great relationship as we launch 9 Air,” says Wang Junjin, chairman of Juneyao Airlines.
Tue, Jul. 15, 5:39 AM
- CEO of GE (NYSE:GE) Aviation David Joyce expects the firm to attain its target of $30B of orders at the Farnborough Airshow by the end of the day.
- Engine maker GE has seen a record amount of purchases between its operations GE Aviation and CFM International, a joint venture between itself and Safran (OTCMKTS:SAFRF).
- The company is also looking to finalize an engine deal with Qatar Airways over Boeing 777X planes.
Mon, Jul. 14, 7:38 AM
- Engine maker GE (NYSE:GE) is expecting $30B worth of orders at the Farnborough Airshow between its operations GE Aviation and CFM International, a joint venture between itself and Safran (OTCMKTS:SAFRF).
- CEO of GE Aviation David Joyce also commented on Airbus' decision to order its A330neo engines through rival Rolls-Royce, stating that it was the right move and it would not have made sense financially for GE to supply the engines.
Mon, Jul. 14, 3:59 AM
- CFM International, a joint venture between GE (GE) and Safran (SAFRF), has landed another massive jet engine purchase following easyJet's (ESYJY) order for 270 engines covering 135 new aircraft. Details regarding the order remain confidential although the airline says it negotiated a reduced price.
- "The engines will help easyJet to maintain its low cost base and the new generation A320neo is expected to deliver a cost per seat saving of between 11% and 12% compared to the current generation A319," says CEO Carolyn McCall.
Sun, Jul. 13, 5:35 AM
- American Airlines (AAL) has agreed to buy $2.6B of jet engines from CFM International, a joint venture between GE (GE) and Safran (SAFRF). The new announcement confirms the proposed deal reported earlier this month.
- 100 Airbus A320neo jetliners the company has on order will be outfitted with the new engines.
Wed, Jul. 2, 4:38 AM
- Reuters reports American Airlines (AAL) is close to completing a $2.6B engine order from CFM International, a joint venture between GE (GE) and Safran (SAFRF). The 200 new engines will be placed on new Airbus A320neo jetliners that the company has on a firm order.
- The purchase will mark a loss for United Technologies' (UTX) Pratt and Whitney unit, the only other engine maker for the A320neo.
- AAL +0.1% AH
Mon, Jun. 16, 11:15 AM
- The Barnes Group (B -1.1%) has entered into an aerospace aftermarket component repair program agreement with General Electric (GE -0.9%) . The deal states that as a licensed GE supplier, the Barnes Group has the right to sell specific services for CFM56 engines directly to the market.
- CFM56 engines are manufactured by CFM International, a joint venture between GE and Snecma, a division of Safran (SAFRF).
- The deal also extends the existing Barnes Group contracts which provide these services for GE.
Mon, Jun. 16, 4:48 AM
- Airbus (EADSF) and Safran (SAFRF) are looking to come together in a joint venture to compete against low-cost U.S. rival SpaceX. The partnership will integrate Airbus Defense & Space with Safran's Herakles space propulsion unit.
- The heads of each company are meeting with French President Francois Hollande early today, and are expected to talk about the countries space program in response to increased pressure from industrial groups to changeover Europe's rocket building public-private system.
- SpaceX has recently unveiled its low cost space taxi, sticking another thorn in the sides of the two European giants.
Dec. 16, 2013, 10:31 AM| 1 Comment
Jan. 2, 2013, 8:37 AMBoeing (BA) has finalized a booking from air-leasing company Aviation Capital Group for 60 737 MAX aircraft in a deal worth $6B at list prices, taking the number of MAX jets that have been ordered to well over 1,000. The planes will be equipped with new LEAP-1B engines from CFM International, which is a JV between GE (GE) and Safran unit Secma. (PR) | 2 Comments
Jul. 17, 2012, 11:47 AMHoneywell (HON -0.1%) and France's Safran are working on technology that would enable the use of autopilots while taxiing and not just in the air. Honeywell says the system would be safer and more fuel efficient, although it is yet to persuade Airbus to launch aircraft tests despite months of talks. | Comment!
Jul. 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
Jul. 10, 2012, 12:10 PMFarnborough: CFM, GE's (GE -0.7%) and Safran's aircraft engine JV, benefits from the orders that Boeing is winning for its 737 aircraft, with CFM obtaining bookings worth billions of dollars for its Leap products. These include orders from Virgin Australia and Air Lease (AL). GE Aviation is also selling engines to Oman. | Comment!
Jul. 8, 2012, 4:51 AMCFM International, GE's aircraft engine JV with Safran, reckons the narrow-body commercial jet market will be worth $500B over the next 20 years, with demand set to reach 40,000 engines. CFM makes the engine for Boeing's new 737 MAX and competes with Pratt & Whitney to supply the Airbus A320 neo. | 3 Comments
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
SAFRF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR