Thu, Apr. 21, 8:54 AM
- Safran (OTCPK:SAFRY) has agreed to sell its U.S.-based Morpho Detection unit and related activities to the Smiths Group (OTCPK:SMGZY) for an enterprise value of $710M.
- The business will become part of Smiths' Detection division, which designs and manufactures sensors that identify explosives, weapons, chemical agents and other contraband.
- Now read Safran Is A Great Company But It's Fully Priced
Mon, Mar. 14, 9:09 AM
Wed, Feb. 17, 8:31 AM| Wed, Feb. 17, 8:31 AM | 1 Comment
Nov. 11, 2015, 8:27 AM| Nov. 11, 2015, 8:27 AM | 7 Comments
Jun. 18, 2015, 9:01 AM
- GE Aviation and its joint venture companies, including CFM International, a 50-50 joint company between GE and Safran (OTCPK:SAFRY), announced more than $19B in orders and commitments at the Paris Airshow this week.
- The announcements include close to 1,000 GE and CFM engines as well as OnPointSM solution agreements for engine maintenance, repair and overhaul.
Jun. 11, 2015, 8:38 AM
- Facing heavy jet engine demand, Safran (OTCPK:SAFRY) said today it would focus on meeting its production targets before deciding whether to stretch its already record commitments further.
- Airbus and Boeing have both agreed to plans with engine makers to raise output of their most popular models by about 20% to 50-52 planes a month by 2017-2018.
- They have also begun exploring the margin for further increases to shorten a long waiting list powered by the arrival of new efficient engines such as the LEAP, co-produced by Safran and GE joint venture CFM International.
Jun. 3, 2015, 7:16 AM
- The A400M military transport plane that crashed in Spain last month suffered a triple engine failure linked to suspected software problems, Airbus (OTCPK:EADSY) said in a statement.
- Nations involved in Europe's largest defense project have been told that the power froze twice on three out of four engines, shortly after take-off.
- The engines were built by Europrop International, a venture which includes Rolls-Royce Holdings (OTCPK:RYCEY), Safran (OTCPK:SAFRY) and MTU Aero Engines (OTCPK:MTUAY).
- Previously: Airbus A400M crashes during test flight (May. 10 2015)
Mar. 3, 2015, 7:36 AM
- Looking to bring down its public debt, the French government said it plans to sell a 3.96% stake in aerospace supplier Safran (OTCPK:SAFRY), and may sell as much as a 4.55% stake, depending on investor appetite.
- Following the sale, France will still remain Safran’s main shareholder, with a 18.03% stake.
Feb. 18, 2015, 11:08 AM| Feb. 18, 2015, 11:08 AM
Dec. 3, 2014, 4:48 AM
- Creating a new joint venture to build a less expensive version of the European satellite launcher Ariane, Airbus (OTCPK:EADSY) and Safran (OTCPK:SAFRY) will combine their space launcher activities under a new JV called Airbus Safran Launchers.
- The two will begin building the Ariane 6 rocket in January and expect it to launch in 2020.
Oct. 24, 2014, 4:24 AM
- Rolls-Royce (OTC:RRCEF) has finalized an initial 25-year deal to form a JV with Safran's (OTCPK:SAFRY) Hispano-Suiza unit to design and develop accessory drive train transmissions for the company's full range of future aircraft engines.
- A production plant will be built in a competitive country starting next year, with the aim of starting operations in late 2016 or early 2017.
Mar. 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
In what WSJ calls a bid to raise revenue to reduce the deficit, the French government disposes of 13M shares of defense equipment company Safran (SAFRY.PK). The sale raises €448M which will "be used to finance new productive investments to help repair [the] national economy."| Mar. 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
Jan. 2, 2013, 8:37 AM
Boeing (BA) has finalized a booking from air-leasing company Aviation Capital Group for 60 737 MAX aircraft in a deal worth $6B at list prices, taking the number of MAX jets that have been ordered to well over 1,000. The planes will be equipped with new LEAP-1B engines from CFM International, which is a JV between GE (GE) and Safran unit Secma. (PR)| Jan. 2, 2013, 8:37 AM | 2 Comments
Oct. 16, 2012, 7:15 AM
Jul. 17, 2012, 11:47 AMHoneywell (HON -0.1%) and France's Safran are working on technology that would enable the use of autopilots while taxiing and not just in the air. Honeywell says the system would be safer and more fuel efficient, although it is yet to persuade Airbus to launch aircraft tests despite months of talks. | Jul. 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
Jul. 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
GE Aviation (GE -1%) reaps the benefit of United Continental's (UAL) mega-deal to buy 150 Boeing 737s, with the airline ordering $5B worth of engines from CFM International, GE's JV with France's Safran. The bookings round off a week in which CFM has announced orders valued at $12.6B.| Jul. 12, 2012, 12:15 PM | 1 Comment