RetailMeNot Looks Like A Great Deal
RetailMeNot: From Early Investors For Investors
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Thu, Apr. 7, 4:57 PM
- RetailMeNot (SALE -3.4%) has acquired a secondary gift-card marketplace, and updated its 2016 guidance after some preliminary Q1 results.
- The company has acquired GiftCard Zen for $22M plus an $11M deferred payment contingent on performance targets and retaining a key employee. GiftCard Zen, which resells gift cards at a discount to face value, will continue operating out of Phoenix with its management team reporting to RetailMeNot's Lou Agnese.
- For Q1, it expects overall net revenues at $54M-$54.5M, vs. its previous guidance of $49M-$54M and consensus of $52.4M. Net income incorporates an impairment of $832,000 and is expected at -$100,000 to $100,000.
- For the full year, RetailMeNot raised guidance for revenue to $228M-$241M (vs. consensus $233.9M), and for EBITDA to $52M-$63M (vs. consensus $56.1M). At the midpoint of guidance, EBITDA margins would be 24.5%.
- Shares are flat so far in after-hours trading.
- Now read RetailMeNot: Too Cheap To Ignore »
Jul. 29, 2013, 11:38 AM
- Kara Swisher reports Lexity, founded by ex-Yahoo engineer Amit Kumar, is close to being Yahoo's (YHOO -0.7%) 19th acquisition in the Marissa Mayer era.
- Lexity provides apps that analyze e-commerce sites and apps, and deliver features such as targeted ad placements, shopping search engine listings, and and live chat tools.
- Investor interest in e-commerce services platforms has grown lately, as evidenced by the strong IPOs delivered by ChannelAdvisor (ECOM -1.7%) and RetailMeNot (SALE).
- Google, Amazon, and eBay are each ramping their efforts to provide e-commerce ad solutions to smaller merchants. Yahoo, which caters to merchants via Yahoo Shopping, might not want to be left out.
RetailMeNot, Inc. operates as a digital coupon marketplace. It offers websites, mobile applications, email newsletters, alerts and social media presence enable consumers to search for, discover and redeem hundreds of thousands of relevant digital coupons from retailers and brands. The company's... More
Industry: Marketing Services
Country: United States