Wed, May 4, 4:47 PM
Wed, Mar. 9, 2:34 PM
- Salem Media Group (NASDAQ:SALM) has popped 3.1% after its in-market release of Q4 earnings, which featured a revenue beat and a swing to profit from break-even results last year.
- Net income was $5.3M vs. just $38,000 a year ago, aided by a $1.4M gain on bargain purchase of three radio stations. EBITDA rose 34% to $15.2M, easily beating an expected $8.6M.
- Revenue by segment: Net broadcast, $51.3M (up 5.2%); Net digital media, $12.2M (up 3.8%); Net publishing, $5.7M (up 4.2%).
- The Christian/conservative broadcaster acquired six radio stations in the quarter, and reduced its leverage ratio to 5.47.
- Press Release
Wed, Mar. 9, 1:44 PM
Nov. 9, 2015, 7:42 PM
- In its Q3 report, Salem Media Group (NASDAQ:SALM) noted revenues that fell (though they beat expectations, and net broadcast revenues were up) and profit that missed consensus in a quarter where the company reclassified some prior-year results.
- Salem changed operating segments to better conform to its business after acquiring Eagle Publishing last year. Net income fell to $2.1M from a prior $3.7M.
- Revenue by segment: Net broadcast, $49.2M (down 1.9%); Net digital media, $11.4M (down 1%); Net publishing, $6.9M (down 29.9%).
- It's projecting Q4 revenues to increase 1-3% Y/Y from the prior year's $65.9M, and for adjusted operating expenses to go up between 1-4%.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:50 PM
- Salem Media (NASDAQ:SALM): Q3 EPS of $0.08 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $67.49M (-3.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.44M.
Aug. 5, 2015, 4:37 PM
- Salem Media (NASDAQ:SALM): Q2 EPS of $0.14 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.04.
- Revenue of $67.29M (-2.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.94M.
May 6, 2015, 4:49 PM
- Salem Media (NASDAQ:SALM): Q1 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $61.86M (-0.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.8M.
Mar. 10, 2015, 4:57 PM
- Christian/conservative radio firm Salem Media Group (SALM -3%) posted revenue that grew, but still missed expectations by about 1%, and a breakeven quarter as total operating expenses rose 11.3%.
- Operating income dropped 28% to $6.9M. Salem reported GAAP net income of $0.00 vs. an expected $0.14, as increased expenses took their toll and backing out a provision for income taxes left income of $38K.
- Revenue by segment: Broadcast, $48.8M (flat); digital media, $11.7M (up 15%); publishing, $5.4M (up 47%).
- The company guides for revenues to drop 1-3% Y/Y in Q1, which would put it about $60.4M-$61.7M vs. expectations of $66.2M.
- Conference call at 5 p.m. ET.
Mar. 10, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Salem Media (NASDAQ:SALM): Q4 EPS of $0.00
- Revenue of $65.94M (+5.2% Y/Y)
Feb. 3, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) finished up 11.9% ahead of a March 2 release of its Q4 results.
- The company has set a conference call at 4:30 p.m. ET that day to discuss earnings.
- Expectations are for an EPS of $0.09 on revenues of $333.2M.
- Commercial-radio peers have also had a strong day: Saga Communications (SGA +2.4%); Emmis Communications (EMMS +0.5%); Salem Communications (SALM +2.1%); Radio One (ROIAK +1.7%); Entercom (ETM +2.8%); and Townsquare Media (TSQ +3.2%).
Nov. 6, 2014, 5:45 PM
- Salem Communications (NASDAQ:SALM): Q3 EPS of $0.14 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $69.60M (+19.0% Y/Y) beats by $3.94M.
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:52 PM
- Salem Communications (NASDAQ:SALM): Q2 EPS of $0.05
- Revenue of $68.6M (+14.1% Y/Y) in-line.
Aug. 7, 2013, 6:43 AM
- Salem Communications (SALM): Q2 EPS of $0.20 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $60.1M beats by $0.82M. (PR)
May 7, 2013, 8:00 PMSalem Communications (SALM): Q1 EPS of -$0.75. Revenue of $55.6M beats by $0.19M. (PR) | May 7, 2013, 8:00 PM
Feb. 25, 2013, 4:54 PMSalem Communications (SALM): Q4 EPS of $0.08 misses by $0.05. Revenue of $60.6M (+6.1% Y/Y) beats by $1M. (PR) | Feb. 25, 2013, 4:54 PM
Salem Media Group, Inc. operates as a multi-media company with integrated operations consisting of radio broadcasting, digital media and publishing. It operates its business through two segments: Radio-Broadcasting and Digital media. The Radio-Broadcasting segment operates radio stations... More
Industry: Broadcasting - Radio
Country: United States
Other News & PR