Wed, Apr. 20, 5:38 AM
Wed, Apr. 20, 4:42 AM
- SAP's net profit jumped 38% to €572M, indicating that its focus on the cloud is beginning to pay off.
- ARM Holdings' (NASDAQ:ARMH) pre-tax profits rose 14% to £137.5M, as it expanded licensing growth in a solid first quarter.
- Hurt by a strong dollar and drop at its Latin American business, Syngenta (NYSE:SYT) reported its fifth straight quarterly decline in sales.
- ABB suffered a 7% drop in orders, but the Swiss industrial giant's profit fell less than expected.
- Cheers! Heineken (OTCQX:HEINY) far exceeded analyst expectations, benefiting from a 23% rise in Asian sales due to the Lunar New Year.
Mon, Apr. 11, 4:02 AM
- SAP Chief Executive Bill McDermott has 'perfect and clear confidence' Europe's largest software company will meet its full year targets despite warning on Friday that first quarter results will be weaker than expected.
- Sales of software licenses to corporate clients, particularly in Brazil and the U.S., fell 13% during the period, as business customers continue to shift to cloud-based software instead of older software packages.
- Previously: SAP AG reports Q1 preliminary results (Apr. 08 2016)
Fri, Apr. 8, 6:07 PM
Fri, Jan. 22, 3:03 AM
- SAP AG (NYSE:SAP): Q4 EPS of €1.40 beats by €0.01.
- Revenue of €6.35B (+16.3% Y/Y) beats by €300M.
Mon, Jan. 11, 7:39 PM
- Cloud subscription/support revenue rose 76% Y/Y (60% exc. forex) to €630M, traditional software license revenue 15% (11% exc. forex) to €2.15B, and traditional software support revenue 11% (6% exc. forex) to €2.6B. The traditional software performance is much better than archrival Oracle's.
- Customer count for the S/4HANA business app suite (runs on top of the Hana in-memory database) more than doubled Q/Q to 2,700+. New cloud bookings rose 75% Y/Y to €350M. "SAP gained significant share against core and best of breed competitors," asserts CEO Bill McDermott.
- SAP is guiding for total 2016 cloud/software revenue to rise 6%-8% Y/Y in constant currency from a 2015 level of €17.23B. Cloud subscription/support revenue is expected to grow to €2.95B-€3.05B in constant currency from 2015's €2.3B, and op. profit to €6.4B-€6.7B from 2015's €6.35B.
- SAP +0.7% after hours to $79.10. More detailed Q4 results arrive on Jan. 22.
Oct. 20, 2015, 4:45 AM
- SAP AG (NYSE:SAP): Q3 EPS of €0.98 beats by €0.06.
- Revenue of €4.99B (+17.1% Y/Y)
Oct. 13, 2015, 4:54 AM
- SAP (NYSE:SAP) +6% premarket after reporting a 19% rise in Q3 operating profit (€1.62B), beating the most optimistic analyst estimates.
- The results show yet another sign the German software maker is managing an industry-wide shift to cloud-computing programs without sacrificing margins.
- SAP also said it would stick to its outlook for full year non-IFRS operating profit of €5.6B-€5.9B, representing 0-5% growth from €5.6B in 2014.
Jul. 21, 2015, 3:30 AM
- Citing acquisition-related charges, restructuring expenses and higher stock-based compensation outlays, SAP (NYSE:SAP) posted a 15% decline in Q2 net profit of €471M vs. €557M in the same period a year earlier.
- SAP has struggled with shrinking profits in recent quarters, as CEO Bill McDermott looks to shift the company's focus toward cloud based offerings.
- The company also reiterated its guidance for 2015, saying it expects a non-IFRS operating profit of between €5.6B-€5.9B and full year non-IFRS revenue for cloud subscriptions of €1.95B-€2.05B.
Jul. 20, 2015, 5:30 PM
Apr. 21, 2015, 4:33 AM
- With a weaker euro boosting revenue from markets including the U.S., SAP reported first-quarter sales that topped analysts' estimates, rising 22% to €4.5B.
- Revenue from software licenses and support rose 16% to €3.15B, while sales from cloud subscriptions and support more than doubled to €509M.
- "Our plan is to be a growth company," CEO Bill McDermott said on a conference call. "We have no interest in announcing that we didn’t grow and then detailing the costs we cut to hold expenses in line."
- Excluding the boost from currency swings, operating profit and profit margins declined during the quarter, mainly due to acquisitions including Concur Technologies and Fieldglass.
- SAP also reiterated its full-year forecasts of for non-IFRS operating profit of between €5.6B-€5.9B at constant currencies, and non-IFRS revenue for cloud subscriptions and support of €1.95B-€2.05B.
- SAP +1.4% premarket
Apr. 20, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jan. 20, 2015, 6:06 AM
- SAP AG (NYSE:SAP): Q4 EPS of €1.09 misses by €0.24.
- Revenue of €5.46B (+6.8% Y/Y) beats by €10M.
Jan. 20, 2015, 2:50 AM
- SAP (NYSE:SAP) has lowered its profit outlook for 2017, saying its push into cloud-based software would eat into its profit margins.
- "I think we're doing the right transition, we're a growth company and this is what the investor wants," said SAP Chief Executive Bill McDermott.
- The company announced earlier that it expected to reach an operating margin of 35% on revenues of up to €22B in 2017 resulting in an operating profit of around €7.7B, but now expects operating profit of €6.3B-€7B on revenues of €21B-€22B.
Jan. 19, 2015, 5:30 PM
SAP SE provides enterprise application software and software-related services worldwide. It operates through the On-Premise and Cloud segments. The On-Premise segment comprises of on-premise products and on-premise services divisions. The on-premise products division is involved in marketing and... More
Industry: Application Software
Other News & PR