Nov. 6, 2014, 5:03 PM
- Sapient (NASDAQ:SAPE): Q3 EPS of $0.22 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $350.7M (+8.3% Y/Y) misses by $5.97M.
Nov. 3, 2014, 12:49 PM
Nov. 3, 2014, 9:13 AM
Nov. 3, 2014, 2:57 AM
- Publicis (OTC:PBCBF, OTCPK:PGPEF, OTCQX:PUBGY) has agreed to acquire U.S.-based Sapient (NASDAQ:SAPE) for $3.7B in cash as the French advertising giant looks to increase its digital focus. The news confirms a weekend report.
- Publicis' offer of $25 a share represents a 44% premium to Sapient's close of $17.32 on Friday.
- The deal will boost Publicis' digital revenue to over 50% of its total sales by 2015, three years ahead of schedule.
- The transaction comes after the French company's proposed mega-merger with Omnicom collapsed in May. (PR)
Nov. 2, 2014, 6:33 PM
- A deal to buy Sapient (NASDAQ:SAPE) could be announced as soon as Monday.
- Publicis' (OTC:PBCBF, OTCPK:PGPEF, OTCQX:PUBGY) planned merger with Omnicom (NYSE:OMC) fell apart in May, and its sales growth has slowed recent quarters.
- With Sapient, Publicis would add a more digital-focus to its traditional creative business. CEO Maurice Levy has said he wants Publicis to more closely resemble "an internet company."
- SAPE's market cap is $2.5B; its revenue was $1.26B last year.
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:47 PM
- Sapient (NASDAQ:SAPE): Q2 EPS of $0.23 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $362.2M (+15.2% Y/Y) beats by $4.44M.
May 6, 2014, 5:59 PM
- Sapient (SAPE): Q1 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $341.5M (+16.7% Y/Y) beats by $7.99M.
Nov. 5, 2013, 4:53 PM
- Sapient (SAPE): FQ3 EPS of $0.24 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $334.88M beats by $12.92M. (PR)
Aug. 7, 2013, 11:50 AM
- Sapient (SAPE +14.1%) rifles up after Q2 results beat expectations: EPS of $0.25 came in $0.04 above consensus, and revenue of $314M exceeded both guidance ($300M-314M) and consensus ($306M).
- The company forecasts Q3 revenue between $318M-$325M (consensus of $321M), and is bumping 2013 revenue growth guidance to 11% (10% previous).
- Sapient has a history of conservative guidance, having beaten consensus 4 of the past 6 quarters (I, II, III, IV). The exceptions were an in-line report and a $0.01 miss.
- Stifel Nicolaus's David Grossman reiterates a Buy rating and hikes his PT from $16 to $18. He's pleased with Sapient's strong Q2 performance, and thinks management's guidance "looks flat out low."
Aug. 7, 2013, 6:15 AM
- Sapient (SAPE): Q2 EPS of $0.21 beats by $0.04.
May 15, 2013, 8:04 PM
May 15, 2013, 4:42 PMSapient (SAPE): Q1 EPS of $0.12 misses by $0.01. Revenue of $303M beats by $6.95M. | May 15, 2013, 4:42 PM
May 9, 2013, 8:50 AMSapient (SAPE): Q1 EPS of $0.12 beats by $0.03. | May 9, 2013, 8:50 AM
Feb. 12, 2013, 4:30 PMSapient (SAPE): Q4 EPS of $0.20 in-line. Revenue of $304M beats by $14.55M. Shares +4.6% AH. (PR) | Feb. 12, 2013, 4:30 PM
Dec. 17, 2012, 5:48 PM
Infosys (INFY -0.5%) and Wipro (WIT -0.3%) failed to join today's tech rally following a Reuters column speculating Infosys may slash its FY13 revenue guidance next month. The recent downbeat comments of company execs are noted, as is a Dec. 6 UBS note arguing Infosys' guidance is threatened by deal delays, large project cutbacks, and Hurricane Sandy-related shutdowns. The column also notes "industry insiders" claim Infosys is "becoming more flexible on its premium pricing."| Dec. 17, 2012, 5:48 PM
Nov. 20, 2012, 12:13 PM
A few more companies that appear to be casualties of H-P's FQ4 disaster (I, II): IT services firms Infosys (INFY -2.9%), Wipro (WIT -1.6%), and Sapient (SAPE -1.4%), hard drive vendors Seagate (STX -1.4%) and Western Digital (WDC -2.5%), and middleware vendor/H-P acquisition rumor subject Tibco (TIBX -3.4%). (previous)| Nov. 20, 2012, 12:13 PM