Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc.NYSE
Fri, Nov. 25, 9:07 AM
- Channel checks from Piper Jaffray indicate most of the consumer action last night was focused on toys, electronics and beauty. The first two categories are business as usual for the shopping event, but strong traffic at beauty stores could be an extra boost for Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA), Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE:SBH) and e.l.f. Beauty (NYSE:ELF).
- The investment firm also cited solid demand for smartwatches at Fossil (NASDAQ:FOSL) and Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) stores, while also calling footwear traffic (NKE, UA, FL, FINL, DECK) and conversion rates encouraging.
- Source: Bloomberg
Fri, Nov. 25, 7:54 AM
- Millions of workers poised to start earning overtime pay next week are now in limbo after a federal judge in Texas blocked new wage rules set by the Department of Labor with a temporary injunction.
- The new DOL rule raised the exemption for OT pay to $47,476 in annual pay, from the current level of $23,360, impacting a huge number of workers in the retail industry.
- Piper Jaffray says it's uncertain how the Obama administration will react. It's also unclear if major companies have the ability to quickly pull back on the new OT rules set to go into effect on December 1 due to the programmed changes in their payroll and IT systems.
- The investment firm says the retailers most affected by overtime changes include Dollar General (NYSE:DG), Dollar Tree (NASDAQ:DLTR), Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE:SBH), Regis Corporation (NYSE:RGS), Bojangles (NASDAQ:BOJA), Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Sonic (NASDAQ:SONC), Noodles (NASDAQ:NDLS), Potbelly (NASDAQ:PBPB), Del Taco (NASDAQ:TACO) and Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES).
- Source: Bloomberg
Tue, Nov. 15, 12:09 PM
- Gaining on five times or more their normal volume:
- Equity One (EQY +8.6%)
- Golar LNG (GLNG +8.1%)
- LG Display (LPL +1.9%)
- Mentor Graphics (MENT +1.2%)
- Zebra Technologies (ZBRA +12.8%)
Tue, Nov. 15, 6:50 AM
- Sally Beauty (NYSE:SBH) reports same-store sales rose 1.2% in FQ4.
- Segment sales: Sally Beauty Supply: $583.9M (+0.3%); Beauty Systems Group: $392.5M (+2.8%).
- Segment same-store sales growth: Sally Beauty Supply: +0.8%; Beauty Systems Group: 1.9%.
- Gross profit rate improved 20 bps to 49.5%.
- Adjusted SG&A expense rate +10 bps to 34.1%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate slipped 30 bps to 12.6%.
- Inventory +2.5% to $907.3M.
- Total store count +152 Y/Y to 5,119.
- FY2017 Guidance: Same-store sales: ~+3%; Gross margin rate: +30 bps to +40 bps; SG&A expense rate: slightly down; Tax rate: 37.5% to 38.5%; Capex: under $135M; Organic store growth: +2% to +3%.
Tue, Nov. 15, 6:32 AM
Mon, Nov. 14, 5:35 PM
Thu, Sep. 29, 1:20 PM
Mon, Sep. 26, 9:58 AM
Mon, Sep. 26, 9:13 AM
Thu, Aug. 4, 10:12 AM
- Sally Beauty (SBH -12.3%) reports same-store sales rose 2.5% in FQ3.
- Segment sales: Sally Beauty Supply: $597.1M (+1.4%); Beauty Systems Group: $401.1M (+5.7%).
- Segment same-store sales growth: Sally Beauty Supply: +1.3%; Beauty Systems Group: 5.4%.
- Gross profit rate improved 30 bps to 50%.
- Adjusted SG&A expense rate +50 bps to 33.9%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate decreased 40 bps to 13.6%.
- Inventory +4% to $909.3M.
- Total store count +131 Y/Y to 5,072.
Thu, Aug. 4, 6:34 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Tue, Jun. 14, 8:49 AM
- Retail sales topped expectations in May with some categories tipping off a healthy spending trend.
- Nonstore retailers once again led all categories with 12% Y/Y growth. Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) had a lot to say with that strong performance.
- Health and personal care stores were also solid with an 8% Y/Y rise in sales. Chains such as Walgreens (NASDAQ:WBA), Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD), Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA), and Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE:SBH) continue to draw millennial interest.
- Department stores lagged once again with a 0.9% M/M drop and 6% Y/Y tail-off. A tough month of weather contributed to a 2% M/M drop in the building materials and garden equipment (HD, LOW) category.
- Restaurants performed ahead of expectations, sales were up 0.8% M/M and 6.5% Y/Y. That mark bodes well for McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) continuing its streak of staying in positive territory with comparable-store sales.
- Previously: Retail sales decelerate from April's pace (June 14)
- Retail ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXD, FDIS, RCD, PMR, JHMC, CNDF.
Thu, Jun. 2, 11:36 AM
Thu, May 5, 7:21 AM
- Sally Beauty (NYSE:SBH) reports same-store sales rose 4% in FQ2.
- Segment sales: Sally Beauty Supply: $587.62M (+2.7%); Beauty Systems Group: $392.45M (+7.3%).
- Segment same-store sales growth: Sally Beauty Supply: +2.3%; Beauty Systems Group: 7.7%.
- Gross profit rate fell 10 bps to 49.7%.
- Adjusted SG&A expense rate grew 90 bps to 34.6%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate dropped 120 bps to 12.7%.
- Inventory +7.5% to $901.2M.
- Total store count +135 Y/Y to 5,044.
Thu, May 5, 6:32 AM
- Sally Beauty (NYSE:SBH): FQ2 EPS of $0.41 in-line.
- Revenue of $980.07M (+4.5% Y/Y) beats by $15.07M.