Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc.NYSE
Thu, Sep. 29, 1:20 PM
Mon, Sep. 26, 9:58 AM
Mon, Sep. 26, 9:13 AM
Thu, Aug. 4, 10:12 AM
- Sally Beauty (SBH -12.3%) reports same-store sales rose 2.5% in FQ3.
- Segment sales: Sally Beauty Supply: $597.1M (+1.4%); Beauty Systems Group: $401.1M (+5.7%).
- Segment same-store sales growth: Sally Beauty Supply: +1.3%; Beauty Systems Group: 5.4%.
- Gross profit rate improved 30 bps to 50%.
- Adjusted SG&A expense rate +50 bps to 33.9%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate decreased 40 bps to 13.6%.
- Inventory +4% to $909.3M.
- Total store count +131 Y/Y to 5,072.
Thu, Aug. 4, 6:34 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Tue, Jun. 14, 8:49 AM
- Retail sales topped expectations in May with some categories tipping off a healthy spending trend.
- Nonstore retailers once again led all categories with 12% Y/Y growth. Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) had a lot to say with that strong performance.
- Health and personal care stores were also solid with an 8% Y/Y rise in sales. Chains such as Walgreens (NASDAQ:WBA), Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD), Ulta Salon (NASDAQ:ULTA), and Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE:SBH) continue to draw millennial interest.
- Department stores lagged once again with a 0.9% M/M drop and 6% Y/Y tail-off. A tough month of weather contributed to a 2% M/M drop in the building materials and garden equipment (HD, LOW) category.
- Restaurants performed ahead of expectations, sales were up 0.8% M/M and 6.5% Y/Y. That mark bodes well for McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) continuing its streak of staying in positive territory with comparable-store sales.
- Previously: Retail sales decelerate from April's pace (June 14)
- Retail ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXD, FDIS, RCD, PMR, JHMC, CNDF.
Thu, Jun. 2, 11:36 AM
Thu, May 5, 7:21 AM
- Sally Beauty (NYSE:SBH) reports same-store sales rose 4% in FQ2.
- Segment sales: Sally Beauty Supply: $587.62M (+2.7%); Beauty Systems Group: $392.45M (+7.3%).
- Segment same-store sales growth: Sally Beauty Supply: +2.3%; Beauty Systems Group: 7.7%.
- Gross profit rate fell 10 bps to 49.7%.
- Adjusted SG&A expense rate grew 90 bps to 34.6%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate dropped 120 bps to 12.7%.
- Inventory +7.5% to $901.2M.
- Total store count +135 Y/Y to 5,044.
Thu, May 5, 6:32 AM
- Sally Beauty (NYSE:SBH): FQ2 EPS of $0.41 in-line.
- Revenue of $980.07M (+4.5% Y/Y) beats by $15.07M.
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Fri, Mar. 11, 10:54 AM
- The solid week for specialty retail continues after a majority of earnings report come in ahead of expectations.
- Ulta Salon (ULTA +16%) and Party City (PRTY +7.1%) were the headliners, but a host of companies realized stronger pricing than anticipated during the quarter to help offset weak traffic trends.
- Retail sector movers include FTD Companies (FTD +6.1%), Pier 1 Imports (PIR +2.3%), Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH +2.4%), Five Below (FIVE +2%), Stein Mart (SMRT +5.7%), Buckle (BKE +2.5%), Urban Outfitters (URBN +2.2%), and Tilly's (TLYS +2.9%) .
Thu, Mar. 10, 10:54 AM
- Piper Jaffray downgrades Sally Beauty (SBH -0.4%) to Neutral from Outperform. Analyst Stephanie Wissink thinks the stock is now at fair value and raises the concern that Sally Beauty doesn't have access to all of the most popular women's beauty products.
- Ultra Salon (ULTA +0.8%) discloses results after the bell today. Analysts expect revenue of $1.236B and EPS of $1.54 to be reported. Keep an eye on that inventory number. SA contributor Prescience Point called inventory levels at Ulta "unmanageable" as they outpace sales.
Thu, Feb. 4, 9:19 AM
- Gainers: VHC +89%. GLUU +21%. OCLS +18%. WFT +12%. ATNY +11%. SEDG +11%. PETX +10%. SVA +9%. ING +9%. TTWO +8%. SBH +8%. GRUB +7%. VALE +7%. HMY +7%. CDNS +6%. CDE +6%. SBGL +6%. GSH +5%. AUY +5%. VIAB +5%. RIO 5%.
- Losers: PPP -16%. KSS -15%. GPRO -15%. IMPV -13%. CS -13%. PACB -13%. RL -9%. AZN -7%.
Thu, Feb. 4, 8:26 AM
- Sally Beauty (NYSE:SBH) reports same-store sales rose 3.9% in FQ1.
- Segment sales: Sally Beauty Supply: $595.97M (+1.6%); Beauty Systems Group: $402.07M (+6.4%).
- Gross profit rate expanded 40 bps to 49.5%.
- Adjusted SG&A expense rate fell 100 bps to 33.9%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate increased 120 bps to 13.3%.
- Inventory +8.9% to $912.4M.
- Total store count +134 Y/Y to 5,014.
- The company expects effective tax rate to be in the range of 37.5% to 38.5% for FY2016.
Thu, Feb. 4, 6:53 AM
- Sally Beauty (NYSE:SBH): FQ1 EPS of $0.43 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $998.03M (+3.5% Y/Y) beats by $5.6M.