Oct. 27, 2015, 2:59 PM
- Southern Copper (SCCO -1.3%) says its Q3 net profit fell 70% Y/Y to $98.4M, well below the $170M analyst consensus estimate, amid weak copper prices.
- SCCO says lower copper prices were somewhat offset by an 8.8% Y/Y rise in copper production to 536.6K metric tons in the first nine months of 2015, mainly as a result of the production performance of the Buenavista mine which increased production by the additional production of a new state of the art plant.
- SCCO says it expects to increase production capacity to 1.165M metric tons of copper by 2018.
Apr. 24, 2015, 3:38 PM
- Southern Copper (SCCO +2.7%) reports Q1 earnings of $0.35/share, beating the analyst consensus estimate of $0.29, on revenues that fell 6% Y/Y to $1.27B, below the $1.32B consensus, as copper prices fell.
- Q1 EBITDA declined 16.9% Y/Y to $556.1M, and margin fell from 49.4% to 43.6%.
- SCCO's Q1 copper production rose 8.9% Y/Y to 177.6K tons, and says it expects its copper output to nearly double to 1.15M tons in 2017 from last year.
- Separately, Peru's energy and mines minister says the government could ask SCCO to make additional changes to its $1.4B Tia Maria project after protests turned deadly this week.
Feb. 4, 2015, 12:28 PM
- Southern Copper (SCCO +2.1%) posted a 14% drop in Q4 net earnings to $348M, mainly due to lower prices for copper, but topped the consensus analyst estimate of $297M.
- Q4 EBITDA fell 8.7% to $664M
- Sales were $1.47B in the quarter, down from $1.54B a year earlier; sales for the full year totaled $5.79B, down 2.8% Y/Y, as weaker metal prices offset a 9.7% increase in its copper production.
- FY 2014 production totaled 676.6K metric tons of copper, vs. 617K tons in 2013, while molybdenum production rose 16% to 23.1K tons from 19.9K tons in the prior year.
- SCCO says the $1.2B expansion of its Toquepala mine and its $1.4B proposed mine Tia Maria, both in Peru, should add 220K metric tons of copper and 3.1K tons of molybdenum to its production capacity, and expansion to its Buenavista mine in Mexico is seen adding 308K tons of copper and 4.6K tons of molybdenum to annual production capacity.
Oct. 29, 2014, 3:49 PM
- Southern Copper (SCCO -2.4%) reports Q3 earnings of $0.39/share, below the analyst consensus estimate of $0.33, on revenues of $1.48B, up 6/7% Y/Y but slightly below analyst consensus $1.53B, and revises down its forecast for next year's copper output by 9.8% to 758K metric tons.
- SCCO also says it expects to receive a key environmental permit for the $1.2B expansion of its Toquepala mine in Peru in mid-November; work at Toquepala would then start at the beginning of next year, when construction of its $1.4B Tia Maria copper project also is scheduled to begin.
- The expansion at Toquepala is expected to add 100K metric tons to SCCO's annual production capacity.
Apr. 30, 2014, 3:48 PM
- Southern Copper (SCCO -0.4%) CEO Oscar Gonzalez Rocha says he expects Peru's government to approve a revised environmental impact study for the stalled Tia Maria copper project, perhaps during the next two months, but the company is waiting for comments from the government.
- Earlier today, SCCO reported Q1 net earnings of $323M, down 20.4% Y/Y, on sales of $1.35B, down from $1.62B in year-ago quarter, mainly due to lower metal prices and lower copper sales volume.
- Q1 copper production rose 9.2% Y/Y to ~165.4K tons, and SCCO expects flat Q2 output and increased production in H2 2014; Q1 copper cash costs rose to $1.87/lb., but could drop to $1.70/lb. in H2.
Feb. 7, 2014, 10:49 AM
- Southern Copper Corp. (SCCO +1.9%): Q4 EPS of $0.48 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $1.53B.
- Expects FY 2014 copper production to rise 5.5% Y/Y to 672,400 tons from 637,068 in 2013, which was a 2.3% Y/Y decline.
Oct. 25, 2013, 8:17 AM
- Southern Copper (SCCO): Q3 EPS of $0.41 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $1.38B (-10.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.11B. (PR)
Jul. 23, 2013, 9:19 AM
Southern Copper (SCCO) says its Q2 net earnings fell 34% and net sales dropped 15% Y/Y due to lower copper prices and production. Chairman German Larrea says SCCO remains committed to its investment program despite "turbulence in the current metals market," and he is concerned about new air quality standards in Peru, which could affect future investment plans. (PR)| Jul. 23, 2013, 9:19 AM
Jan. 31, 2013, 6:06 PMSouthern Copper (SCCO): Q4 EPS of $0.63 beats by $0.01. Revenue of $1.65B (-1.1% Y/Y) in-line. 2012 copper mine production rose 8.5% Y/Y. Shares +0.7% AH. (PR) | Jan. 31, 2013, 6:06 PM
Oct. 29, 2012, 12:10 AM
Oct. 28, 2012, 5:35 PM
Oct. 24, 2012, 12:38 PM
Southern Copper (SCCO +1%) says Q3 EPS fell 67% Y/Y to $0.26, reflecting softer global copper prices and a $316M charge for legal fees. Copper mine output was 486K tons in the first nine months of 2012, up 11.2% Y/Y. Copper fundamentals are "solid," chairman German Larrea says, adding "the world economies are getting prepared for a period of growth."| Oct. 24, 2012, 12:38 PM | 3 Comments
Oct. 22, 2012, 12:10 AM
Oct. 21, 2012, 5:35 PM
May 2, 2012, 12:10 AM