Schwab Corp Needs To Prove Itself After Big Run
Mon, Jul. 18, 8:46 AM
Sun, Jul. 17, 5:30 PM
Fri, Apr. 15, 9:07 AM
- Q1 net income of $412M or $0.29 per share vs. $302M and $0.22 one year ago. Pretax profit margin of 37.1% up from 31.7%. ROE of 13% up from 10%.
- CFO Joe Martinetto: "The ongoing effect of the Fed’s initial interest rate hike in December has provided a glimpse of Schwab’s earnings power as rates normalize." Indeed. Money market fund revenue jumped $61M from last quarter - not an insignificant amount given total income in Q1 was $412M. Net interest revenue in Q1 was $772M vs. $588M a year ago.
- New retail brokerage accounts of 163K down 8% from a year ago; total accounts of 6.9M up 3%.
- Previously: Charles Schwab EPS in-line, beats on revenue (April 15)
- SCHW +2.4% premarket
- Now read: Innovative Charles Schwab Set To Reap The Whirlwind Of Investing Changes (April 11)
Fri, Apr. 15, 8:55 AM
Thu, Apr. 14, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jan. 19, 9:26 AM
- Net income of $416M or $0.28 per share vs. $350M and $0.25 one year ago. One-time items added $0.04 to this year's results.
- Asset management fees of $673M vs. $641M a year ago. Net interest revenue of $690M vs. $584M. Trading revenue of $208M vs. $239M.
- Noninterest expenses of $1.046B vs. $997M a year ago. Compensation and benefits of $572M vs. $543M.
- Money market fee waivers of $153M down from $193M a year ago.
- Previously: Charles Schwab EPS of $0.28 (Jan. 19)
- SCHW +3% premarket
Tue, Jan. 19, 8:51 AM
- Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW): Q4 EPS of $0.28 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.25.
- Revenue of $1.69B (+9.0% Y/Y) beats by $80M.
Mon, Jan. 18, 5:30 PM
Oct. 15, 2015, 8:58 AM
- Q3 net income of $376M or $0.28 per share vs. $321M and $0.24 one year ago. Adjusting for one-time items brings EPS to $0.27 vs. $0.25 one year ago.
- New retail brokerage accounts of 158K up 12% Y/Y. Total accounts of 6.8M up 1%. Core net new assets of $30.8B during quarter. Total client assets of $2.42T up 1%.
- Asset management and administration fees of $663M vs. $649M a year ago. Net interest revenue of $635M vs. $573M. Trading revenue of $228M vs. $209M.
- Total expense of $1.014B vs. $1.033B a year ago.
- Money market fee waivers of $166M vs. $190M a year ago.
- Previously: Charles Schwab EPS in-line, beats on revenue (Oct. 15)
- SCHW flat premarket
Oct. 15, 2015, 8:50 AM
- Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW): Q3 EPS of $0.27 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.6B (+3.2% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Jul. 16, 2015, 9:26 AM
- Q2 net income of $353M or $0.25 per share vs. $324M and $0.23 one year ago.
- Asset management and administration fees of $670M vs. $632M a year ago. Net interest revenue of $612M vs. $562M. Trading revenue of $203M vs. $212M. Money market fund fee waivers of $168M.
- Compensation and benefits expense of $540M vs. $520M.
- 280K new brokerage accounts opened during quarter, up 16% Y/Y. Total client assets of $2.54T up 6%. Client assets under RIA guidance of $1.26T up 6%.
- After Q1 launch, Schwab Intelligent Portfolios reached $3B in assets and more than 39K accounts.
- Previously: Charles Schwab beats by $0.01, beats on revenue (July 16)
- SCHW +1% premarket
Jul. 16, 2015, 8:50 AM
- Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW): Q2 EPS of $0.25 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.57B (+6.1% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
- Shares +1.06% PM.
Apr. 15, 2015, 9:13 AM
- Q1 net income of $302M or $0.22 per share vs. $326M and $0.24 one year ago. The results are also weaker than when the company warned on Q1 in mid-March, primarily due to the earlier timing of certain compensation expenses.
- CFO Joe Martinetto: "Environmental factors contributed to a disappointing rate of revenue growth for the first quarter," including volatile markets, flat-to-lower interest rates, and trading activity which slowed as the quarter progressed.
- Money market fund fee waivers were $184M during Q1, about the same as one year ago (this against total net income just north of $300M).
- $34.2B of core net new assets brought in during quarter, a 6% annualized growth rate. Net new assets from retail investors of $12.5B up 28% Y/Y.
- Previously: Charles Schwab misses by $0.02, misses on revenue (April 15)
- Previously: Sluggish trading has Schwab warning on Q1 results (March 13)
- SCHW flat premarket
Apr. 15, 2015, 8:52 AM
- Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW): Q1 EPS of $0.22 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $1.53B (+3.4% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
Jan. 16, 2015, 9:11 AM
- Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW): Q4 EPS of $0.25 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.55B (+7.6% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
- Shares +0.11% PM.
The Charles Schwab Corp. provides securities brokerage, banking, and related financial services to individuals and institutional clients. It operates through two segments: Investor Services and Advisor Services. The Investor Services segment provides retail brokerage and banking services to... More
Industry: Investment Brokerage - National
Country: United States
Other News & PR