Thu, Jul. 21, 12:00 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 11:12 AM
- Stepan's (SCL +1%) subsidiary in Brazil signed an agreement with Tebras Tensoativos do Brazil to acquire their commercial business and with PBC Industria Quimica to acquire their sulfonation production facility for an undisclosed term.
- The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter and will have minimal impact on the company's fiscal year results.
- "The acquisition of Tebras and PBC is expected to expand and diversify our customer base for sulfonated products in Brazil and to provide an opportunity to sell our broader surfactant portfolio to over 1,200 new customers who will benefit from Stepan's technical service and formulation support," said F. Quinn Stepan Jr., President and CEO of Stepan Company. "Over time, we plan to utilize the newly acquired site within the greater Sao Paulo area to produce additional product lines. This acquisition is expected to be slightly accretive to earnings for the first full year of ownership."
- Press Release
Wed, Jul. 20, 7:26 AM
- Stepan (NYSE:SCL) reports total sales volume growth of 12% in Q2
- Surfactant segment sales volume rose 11% due to new North American laundry business earned in July 2015.
- Polymer segment sales volume grew 14% primarily due to continued growth in polyols used in rigid foam insulation and insulated metal panels.
- Specialty Products net sales expanded 13% to $21.52M.
- Gross margin rate improved 280 bps to 20.6%.
- Operating margin rate increased 310 bps to 9.4%.
- The company expects FY2016 capex to be between $110M to $120M.
Wed, Jul. 20, 7:11 AM
Wed, Jul. 20, 7:04 AM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jun. 2, 8:08 AM
- May monthly performance was: +3.06%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +11%
- No dividends were paid in May
- Top 10 Holdings as of 4/30/2016: Prosperity Bancshares Inc (PB): 2.0%, Stepan Co (SCL): 1.97%, H.B. Fuller Co (FUL): 1.94%, Meredith Corp (MDP): 1.94%, Andersons Inc (ANDE): 1.93%, Southside Bancshares Inc (SBSI): 1.93%, Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): 1.92%, West Pharmaceutical Services Inc (WST): 1.92%, Badger Meter Inc (BMI): 1.91%, California Water Service Group (CWT): 1.91%
Tue, Apr. 26, 7:10 AM
Tue, Apr. 26, 6:51 AM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ABX, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, ARLP, ATI, AVX, AXE, BAX, BEAV, BLMN, BP, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRS, CTG, CYNO, DD, DFRG, DTE, ENTG, ETR, FBC, FCAU, FCH, FCX, FLIR, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, GPK, HSY, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, IIVI, IR, JBLU, JNS, LLY, LMT, LPT, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MMM, NCI, ODP, PAG, PCAR, PCH, PG, PH, PNR, POL, R, RAI, SAH, SAVE, SCL, SIR, SPG, ST, SUI, SVU, TEN, TMUS, TRI, TROW, WAB, WAT, WDR, WHR, WYN
Wed, Feb. 24, 7:26 AM
- Stepan (NYSE:SCL) declares $0.19/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.74%
- Payable March 15; for shareholders of record March 4; ex-div March 2.
Wed, Feb. 24, 6:51 AM
- Stepan (NYSE:SCL): Q4 EPS of $0.74 beats by $0.21.
- Revenue of $419.29M (-7.7% Y/Y) misses by $18.81M.
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:30 PM
Oct. 21, 2015, 12:49 PM
Oct. 21, 2015, 7:04 AM
- Stepan (NYSE:SCL) declares $0.19/share quarterly dividend, 5.6% increase from prior dividend of $0.18.
- Forward yield 1.63%
- Payable Dec. 15; for shareholders of record Nov. 30; ex-div Nov. 25.
Oct. 21, 2015, 7:00 AM
- Stepan (NYSE:SCL): Q3 EPS of $0.92 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $444.01M (-9.6% Y/Y) misses by $11.79M.