Evaluating Sucampo's Upside Potential
Wed, May 4, 6:32 AM
Tue, May 3, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ASC, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BDC, BUD, CDW, CHH, CLH, CPK, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CSTE, D, DLPH, DNOW, ECYT, EE, ENR, FUN, GEL, GNRC, GTE, HAIN, HE, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTWR, HYH, ICE, INXN, IONS, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LGND, MEMP, MFA, MMP, MOS, MPW, MTOR, NBL, NGS, NJR, NRZ, NVMI, NXTM, OMF, ONCE, ORBK, PCG, PCLN, RDC, RDS.A, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SERV, SHOP, SMP, SPAR, SR, SRE, SSTK, STRA, TGH, TGI, TMHC, TREE, TWX, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, WIX, ZTS
Fri, Apr. 22, 7:17 AM
- Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT) initiated with Neutral rating and $19 (73% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- Alder BioPharma (NASDAQ:ALDR) initiated with Buy rating and $45 (61% upside) price target by Brean Capital.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PCRX) initiated with Buy rating and $79 (27% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- McKesson initiated with Market Perform rating and $203 (14% upside) price target by Avondale Partners.
- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) reinstated coverage with Neutral rating and $35 (6% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Allergan (NYSE:AGN) reinstated with Buy rating and $275 (21% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs. Downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by Piper Jaffray. Price target lowered to $238 (5% upside) from $311.
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) upgraded to 5.0 stars from 3.0 stars the Vetr community. Downgraded to Neutral by Bank of America with lowered price target of $180 (24% upside). Downgraded Hold from Buy by Cantor Fitzgerald and price target lowered to $165 (14% upside) from $225. Mizuho maintains Neutral rating and $150 (3% upside) price target.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SCMP) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Mizuho Securities. Price target maintained at $14 (19% upside).
- Medivation (NASDAQ:MDVN) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Canaccord Genuity. Price target raised to $70 (31% upside) from $45.
Tue, Apr. 19, 9:17 AM
Tue, Apr. 19, 8:57 AM
- Micro cap Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SCMP) is down 5% premarket on modest volume in response to its announcement that a Phase 2a study assessing product candidate cobiprostone for the treatment of patients with proton pump inhibitor-refractory non-erosive reflux disease (NERD) or symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) failed to achieve its primary endpoint. Consequently, the company will cease development for this indication.
- The randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluated cobiprostone, administered three times per day over eight weeks, in 153 NERD and GERD patients. Top-line results showed treatment with cobiprostone did not show a meaningful improvement in heartburn symptoms as determined by patient-reported outcomes, the primary endpoint.
- Cobiprostone is a fatty acid called a prostone. It is a chloride channel activator that has demonstrated protection against ulcer formation. The FDA has designated it for Fast Track review for the treatment of oral mucositis, inflammation of the oral mucosa caused by chemotherapy or radiotherapy. A Phase 2 study for the indication is ongoing. According to clinicaltrials.gov, the estimated final data collection date for the primary endpoint is December of this year.
Tue, Mar. 8, 9:46 AM
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP +13.6%) Q4 results: Revenues: $55.4M (+46.6%); R&D Expense: $11.3M (+91.5%); SG&A: $14.4M (+34.6%); Operating Income: $11.6M (-31.8%); Net Income: $10.2M (+9.7%); EPS: $0.23 (+9.5%); Non-GAAP EPS: $0.43 (+104.8%).
- FY2015 results: Revenues: $153.2M (+32.6%); R&D Expense: $33.6M (+63.1%); SG&A: $38.4M (-16.2%); Operating Income: $44.5M (+63.6%); Net Income: $33.4M (+155.0%); EPS: $0.73 (+151.7%); Non-GAAP EPS: $0.95 (+137.5%).
- 2016 Guidance: Total Revenue: $195M - 205M; Adjusted Net Income: $45M - 50M; Adjusted EPS: $0.97 - 1.07; Adjusted EBITDA: $100M - 105M.
Tue, Mar. 8, 6:43 AM
Mon, Mar. 7, 5:30 PM
Mon, Feb. 8, 5:25 PM
- Tuscon, AZ-based Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals (Pending:CPP) is set for its IPO of 1,923,076 shares of common stock at $12 - 14.
- The clinical stage biopharmaceutical firm develops therapeutics for the treatment of prevention of certain pre-cancerous conditions, orphan diseases and gastrointestinal disorders.
- Its lead product candidate is Phase 3-stage CPP-1X/sul for the treatment of familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), a rare genetic disorder that can lead to the growth to thousands of colorectal adenomas (adenomatous polyps), a key risk factor for colon cancer. The product candidate is a combination of CPP-1X, also known as eflornithine or difluoromethylornithine, and sulindac, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Topical formulation eflornithine is marketed for the treatment of facial hirsutism (excessive facial hair). An injectable formulation is marketed for the treatment of sleeping sickness. In early January, the company inked a deal with Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SCMP) to develop and commercialize CPP-1X/sul.
- 2015 Financials ($M): Revenues: 3.5 (+618.6%); Operating Expenses: 7.6 (+21.6%); Net Loss: (5.7) (+5.3%); CF Ops: (2.9) (-2.2%).
Fri, Jan. 15, 12:10 PM
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR -1.4%) assumed (analyst transition) with Outperform rating and $91 (21% upside) price target by Barrington Research.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP -6.5%) initiated with Sell rating and $7 (45% downside risk) price target by Empire.
- Shire plc (SHPG -1.1%) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral by Credit Suisse. Price target reduced to ₤50 from ₤54.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition (MJN -1.3%) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JP Morgan. Price target lowered to $77 (13% upside) from $85.
Thu, Jan. 7, 9:06 AM
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SCMP) announces updated guidance for 2015 and 2016.
- 2015 (all non-GAAP): net income: $30.0M - 35.0M; EPS: $0.65 - 0.75; EBITDA: $55.0M - 60.0M.
- 2016 (all non-GAAP except revenue): revenue: $195.0M - 205.0M; net income: $45.0M - 50.0M; EPS: $0.97 - 1.07; EBITDA: $100.0M - 105.0M.
- Final results for 2015 should be released in early February.
Dec. 16, 2015, 8:24 AM
- Soligenix (OTCQB:SNGX) announces positive results from a Phase 2 clinical trial assessing SGX942 for the treatment of severe oral mucositis (OM) in patients undergoing chemoradiation therapy (CRT) for head and neck cancer.
- Patients receiving 1.5 mg/kg of SGX942, a synthetic peptide called an innate defense regulator that modulates the body's reaction to injury and infection, experienced a median reduction in the duration severe OM of 50% (18 days to nine days; p=0.099) while those undergoing the most aggressive CRT showed a median duration reduction of 67% (30 days to 10 days; p=0.040).
- The data will be submitted for publication and presentation at a future scientific conference.
- OM usually occurs in the mouth of patients undergoing anticancer therapies. It affects ~500K Americans or 40% of those receiving chemo and almost all head and neck cancer patients receiving chemoradiation.
- The FDA has designated SGX942 for Fast Track review for the indication.
- The company will host a conference call this morning at 9:00 am ET to discuss its recent clinical trial results and development milestones.
- OM-related tickers: (OTCPK:CTIX)(NASDAQ:AMAG)(NYSE:XON)(NYSEMKT:OGEN)(NASDAQ:SCMP)
Dec. 15, 2015, 6:37 PM
- Sucampo Pharma (NASDAQ:SCMP) CEO Peter Greenleaf is now also the company's chairman. Greenleaf replaces Dan Getman, who had been chairman since March 2014. Getman will remain on the board.
- John H. Johnson has been named lead independent director. Another director, Kei Tolliver, has stepped down.
Nov. 20, 2015, 1:22 PM
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP -0.3%) initiated with Hold rating and $19 (10% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN -4.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $158 (61% upside) price target; bluebird bio (BLUE +1.2%) with a Buy rating and $165 (104% upside) price target; Incyte (INCY -3.2%) with a Buy rating and $135 (20% upside) price target; Kite Pharma (KITE -0.2%) with a Buy rating and $111 (32% upside) price target and Seattle Genetics (SGEN +0.1%) with a Sell rating and $33 (25% downside risk) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Mylan (MYL +0.4%) initiated with Overweight rating and $62 (21% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Athenahealth (ATHN +0.4%) initiated with Overweight rating and $170 (7% upside) price target and Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX +0.5%) with an Overweight rating and $17 (14% upside) price target by J.P. Morgan.
- Genomic Health (GHDX -0.7%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Cowen & Co. Price target raised to $35 (21% upside) from $27.
- Shire plc (SHPG -0.9%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Leerink. Price target raised to $239 (12% upside) from $220.
- Cempra (CEMP -0.5%) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target raised to $38 (30% upside) from $25.
- Athenahealth (ATHN +0.4%) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight by Barclays. Price target lowered to $110 (31% downside risk) from $140.
- Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR +1.9%) downgraded to Sell from Hold by Brean Capital. Price target is $8 (25% downside risk).
- Endo International (ENDP -0.3%) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Mizuho. Price target lowered to $55 from $82 (7% downside risk).
- Kite Pharma (KITE -0.2%) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Standpoint Research. Price target maintained at $100 (19% upside).
Nov. 4, 2015, 6:34 AM
- Sucampo (NASDAQ:SCMP): Q3 EPS of $0.16 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $33.45M (+6.3% Y/Y) misses by $2.73M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, AGN, AMRN, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ARRY, AVA, AVP, AXAS, BDX, BIOS, BSFT, CBB, CDW, CECO, CHK, CLH, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CST, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DDD, EE, EMES, FOR, FOXA, GDP, HAE, HEP, HMC, HSIC, HSNI, INXN, KELYA, KORS, LINC, LL, MEMP, MFA, MNTA, MSI, MWE, NAVB, NCT, NEWP, NRG, NYLD, REGN, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SNH, SODA, SSYS, STNG, TESO, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VG, VOYA, VRTU, VSI, WCG, WD, WEC, WEN, WILN, WIX, WMC
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company which engages in research, discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary drugs in the Americas, Europe and Asia. It is developing prostones, which are ion channel activators, to treat gastrointestinal, ophthalmic and... More
Industry: Drug Manufacturers - Other
Country: United States
Other News & PR