Thu, Nov. 3, 7:58 AM
Thu, Aug. 18, 9:07 AM
Wed, May 4, 9:00 AM
- SwissCom AG ADR (OTCPK:SCMWY): Q1 EPS of Chf7.05
- Revenue of Chf2.89B (flat Y/Y)
Thu, Feb. 4, 9:30 AM
- SwissCom AG ADR (OTCPK:SCMWY): Q4 EPS of CHF5.85
- Revenue of CHF3.03B (-1.3% Y/Y)
Aug. 4, 2015, 7:41 PM
- Telecom Italia (TI -1.3%) is looking to avoid up to €4B (about $4.4B) in antitrust charges via a reorganization of the unit that leases its wireline network to competitors -- including Vodafone (NASDAQ:VOD), which is seeking more than €1B in damages, Bloomberg reports.
- The plan would be modeled after what BT Group has done in the UK with Openreach: folding its OpenAccess unit into its wholesale business.
- The board is reportedly set to review the plan at a meeting on Thursday. TI has reportedly made provisions, including one-time items of €309M in Q2, to address antitrust concerns.
- Telecom competitor Fastweb SpA --owned by Swisscom (OTCPK:SCMWY) -- is also pursuing remedies against TI, to the tune of €1.7B.
- The proposal would have TI buying wholesale capacity from OpenAccess just as its rivals do, and the wholesale group would have total oversight over OpenAccess.
Oct. 8, 2014, 3:48 AM
- Telecom operator Swisscom (OTCPK:SCMWY) is considering a sale of its Italian broadband firm Fastweb, which has been previously targeted by Vodafone (NASDAQ:VOD).
- Swisscom acquired Fastweb for €4.2B in 2007, and has so far been unwilling to sell the company. The broadband company could be worth up to €5B ($6.3B) based on 2013 EBITDA of 620M Swiss francs.
- A source tells Reuters that while Vodafone is not currently in talks with Swisscom, it remains interested in a Fastweb acquisition.
Jan. 19, 2011, 2:05 PM
Stung by a 16% appreciation of its currency against the euro in 2010, Switzerland considers assistance to affected industries, while reminding there are "some winners from a strong franc." The issue may be resolving itself as the euro rallys 3% against the swissie in 2011, buying CHF 1.2815.| Jan. 19, 2011, 2:05 PM | 2 Comments