Tue, Sep. 13, 3:00 PM
Thu, Aug. 11, 6:35 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 3:00 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 3:00 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 12:53 PM
Thu, May 12, 6:32 AM
Wed, Mar. 23, 6:32 AM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON): Q4 EPS of -$0.08
- Revenue of $0.03M (-62.5% Y/Y)
Wed, Mar. 9, 2:16 PM
- At the request of a local manufacturing trade group, Superconductor Technologies (SCON +28%) is hosting a meeting today at its Austin manufacturing center. Congressman Michael McCaul, who represents Texas' 10th district and chairs the House Committee on Homeland Security, is the keynote speaker.
- McCaul: "I am committed to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s work to secure the nation's electric power grids and improve resiliency against extreme weather, acts of terrorism, or other catastrophic events. I am excited that STI, a manufacturer of HTS wire that enables the superconducting solutions expected to play a critical role in improving the efficiency and reliability of the Smart Grid, chose to locate its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Texas."
- STI is posting big gains on volume of 2.88M shares, well above a 3-month daily average of 703K. The company's market cap is still only $8M.
- Two months ago: STI gains after announcing wire milestone, Q4 shipments
Mon, Jan. 11, 12:15 PM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) reports a test by the Paul Scherrer Institute found the company's Conductus wire "met the critical current (Ic) objective of 500 Amps on a four millimeter width operating in a high magnetic field of 12 Tesla (T) in a low temperature at 4.2 Kelvin (K)." The results are said to represent a 34% improvement over prior tests.
- Wire was shipped to seven customers in Q4 "for superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL), high performance magnets and NMR/MRI applications," including to two new customers for power and magnet applications. "Feedback and detailed analysis" was received from five customers in mid-December for STI's most recent Conductus test.
Dec. 29, 2015, 3:57 PM
- LeRoy Kopp, head of investment firm Kopp Holding, has disclosed he bought 200K Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) shares last Wednesday at $0.22 through an indirect purchase. Kopp's indirect stake now stands at 313K; direct holdings total 1.69M.
- SCON's shares have rallied above $0.30. They're still down 89% YTD.
Nov. 10, 2015, 6:35 AM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON): Q3 EPS of -$0.14 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $0.09M (flat Y/Y) misses by $0.01M.
Oct. 9, 2015, 12:00 PM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) is selling units consisting one of common share, a 6-month warrant to buy another share at the offering price, and a 5-year warrant to buy 0.75 shares at $0.40. The units are being offered at $0.35, 17% below Thursday's close.
- Gross proceeds are expected to total $9.5M. With SCON having just 17.1M shares outstanding at the end of Q2, dilution stands to be substantial.
- Shares are down 48% over the last two days.
- Yesterday: SCON plans stock offering
Oct. 8, 2015, 6:13 PM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) is planning a stock offering of yet-undisclosed size.
- News of the offering may have leaked: Shares fell 21.9% in regular trading ahead of the announcement on above-average volume. SCON had $2.8M in cash as of June 27, and no debt.
Aug. 11, 2015, 6:33 AM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON): Q2 EPS of -$0.14 in-line.
- Revenue of $0.07M (-12.5% Y/Y) misses by $0.43M.
Jul. 2, 2015, 6:07 PM
- In a 13D filed after the close, Kopp Investment Advisors discloses it now has a 14.0% (2.55M-share) stake in Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON), up from the 12.8% stake it disclosed on May 22.
- STI has risen to $1.39 AH. Shares briefly soared yesterday on strong volume, before giving back most of their gains. Nonetheless, they're now up 70% since STI announced a superconductor wire performance milestone on June 22.
Jul. 1, 2015, 11:44 AM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) has jumped above $1.25 on volume of 558K shares, well above a 3-month daily average of 77K.
- SCON's market cap is currently at $22.8M. Shares rose last week after the company announced superconductor wire produced via its RCE production machine had delivered record performance.