What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mon, Jan. 11, 12:15 PM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) reports a test by the Paul Scherrer Institute found the company's Conductus wire "met the critical current (Ic) objective of 500 Amps on a four millimeter width operating in a high magnetic field of 12 Tesla (T) in a low temperature at 4.2 Kelvin (K)." The results are said to represent a 34% improvement over prior tests.
- Wire was shipped to seven customers in Q4 "for superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL), high performance magnets and NMR/MRI applications," including to two new customers for power and magnet applications. "Feedback and detailed analysis" was received from five customers in mid-December for STI's most recent Conductus test.
Dec. 29, 2015, 3:57 PM
- LeRoy Kopp, head of investment firm Kopp Holding, has disclosed he bought 200K Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) shares last Wednesday at $0.22 through an indirect purchase. Kopp's indirect stake now stands at 313K; direct holdings total 1.69M.
- SCON's shares have rallied above $0.30. They're still down 89% YTD.
Oct. 9, 2015, 12:00 PM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) is selling units consisting one of common share, a 6-month warrant to buy another share at the offering price, and a 5-year warrant to buy 0.75 shares at $0.40. The units are being offered at $0.35, 17% below Thursday's close.
- Gross proceeds are expected to total $9.5M. With SCON having just 17.1M shares outstanding at the end of Q2, dilution stands to be substantial.
- Shares are down 48% over the last two days.
- Yesterday: SCON plans stock offering
Jul. 2, 2015, 6:07 PM
- In a 13D filed after the close, Kopp Investment Advisors discloses it now has a 14.0% (2.55M-share) stake in Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON), up from the 12.8% stake it disclosed on May 22.
- STI has risen to $1.39 AH. Shares briefly soared yesterday on strong volume, before giving back most of their gains. Nonetheless, they're now up 70% since STI announced a superconductor wire performance milestone on June 22.
Jul. 1, 2015, 11:44 AM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) has jumped above $1.25 on volume of 558K shares, well above a 3-month daily average of 77K.
- SCON's market cap is currently at $22.8M. Shares rose last week after the company announced superconductor wire produced via its RCE production machine had delivered record performance.
Jun. 22, 2015, 11:29 AM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) states superconductor wire produced via the company's RCE production machine "attained a new record for current handling performance of greater than 900 Amps at 77 kelvin in self field with 12 millimeter wide wire."
- CEO Jeff Quiram: "We plan to utilize the production machine to fulfill existing orders and we expect to continue to increase the lengths of high-performance Conductus wire being shipped in the coming weeks." STI says it "continues to work closely with customers to complete Stage 2 qualification testing of Conductus wire for superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL), cable and magnet applications.
- Shares are up sharply after having closed on Friday $0.01 away from a 52-week low of $0.80.
Jun. 17, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 16, 2015, 12:10 PM
- Following today's selloff, Superconductor Technologies (SCON -14.6%) is down 27% since posting Q4 results on March 11. 184K shares have been traded today, over 3x a 3-month daily average of 54K.
- Liquidity concerns could be playing a role: The superconductor wire maker ended 2014 with just $1.2M in cash. $1.8M in gross proceeds were raised in February through a stock/warrant offering.
- On Friday, Kopp Investment Advisors filed a 13D in which it disclosed a 15.1% (2.29M-share) stake.
Feb. 17, 2015, 1:27 PM
- Superconductor Technologies (NASDAQ:SCON) has sold 917K shares via warrant exercise agreements at $2 apiece, below a Friday close of $2.73 and down from a 2013 warrant exercise price of $2.57.
- Gross proceeds are expected to total $1.83M. Financial advisor H.C. Wainwright will receive 7% of the gross proceeds and a 5-year warrant to buy 5% of the number of shares exercised at a price equal to 110% of Friday's close.
- Shares have made fresh 52-week lows following the disclosure.
Feb. 17, 2015, 12:44 PM
Aug. 18, 2014, 12:26 PM
- In an article embargoed until 6AM Tuesday, Benjamin Padnos argues Resonant's (NASDAQ:RESN) RF front end designs are well-positioned to gain share due to the performance demands of modern phones containing 4G modems.
- Padnos thinks Resonant's technology, which can allow phones to use a single RF filter that switches between channels, could "potentially be included in virtually every mobile device manufactured."
- He also highlights the company's patent portfolio, Skyworks partnership, and ~$50M market cap.
- Shares are moderately above May's $6 IPO price, but still well below their $10 opening trade. Superconductor Technologies (SCON +2.4%) owns 11.6% of Resonant; its market cap is currently at $38M.
May 29, 2014, 12:50 PM
- After pricing its 2.7M-share IPO at $6 (in-line with expectations), Resonant (RESN) opened at $10 and is currently at $8.91, up 48.6%. That gives the RF filter developer a $57.7M valuation.
- Resonant, still in development-stage, has developed filter technology (referred to as ISN) it asserts can both deliver improved performance and enable tunable designs (can cut down on a device's filter count and save space).
- The company is looking to strike licensing deals that involve royalty payments for RF front-end modules using its IP. It had a Q1 net loss of $3.95M.
- Resonant has a partnership with RF component giant Skyworks (SWKS +1.8%) to develop an RF duplexer it thinks can cost less than half as much as rival solutions. It also plans to develop tunable filter designs on its own.
- Superconductor Technologies (SCON -0.7%) owns 11.6% of Resonant post-IPO.
Mar. 11, 2014, 9:12 AM
Jan. 7, 2014, 12:46 PM
Oct. 17, 2013, 12:57 PM
Superconductor Technologies Inc is engaged in developing and commercializing high temperature superconductor materials and related technologies. It has three product lines which relates to wireless base stations; SuperLink, AmpLink, and SuperPlex.
Other News & PR