Select Comfort May Keep Investors Up At Night
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Tue, Aug. 16, 9:48 AM
- Piper Jaffray upgrades Select Comfort (SCSS -1%) to Overweight from Neutral on a positive view of the company's prospects in 2017.
- The investment firm lifts its price target on the bedding stock to $31 from $23.
- Shares of SCSS took off last week after peer Mattress Firm was acquired.
Mon, Aug. 15, 9:59 AM
- Select Comfort (SCSS +7.3%) is higher after Piper Jaffray upgrades the retail stock to Overweight from Neutral.
- The investment firm bumps its price target on SCSS 35% higher to $31.
Mon, Aug. 8, 10:03 AM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:42 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 4:08 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:35 PM
Tue, May 31, 9:11 AM
- Consumer spending on durable goods rose 2.3% in April, while spending on nondurable goods increased 1.4%. Both marks exceeded the expectations of economists. Overall consumer spending rose at the fastest rate in seven years.with a 1.0% M/M increase.
- While a higher level of spending on automobiles was anticipated, a category to keep an eye on is home furnishings and home repair with more data out suggesting that millennials are freeing up dollars for their houses.
- Related stocks: BSET, CRWS, ETH, HOFT, LZB, LCUT, NWL, SCSS, STLY, TPX, TUP, BGG, SWK, HD, LOW.
- Previously: Retailers with a fix on the modern U.S. consumer (May 28)
- Previously: Personal income rises in-line with forecast (May 31)
Fri, Apr. 29, 12:44 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:15 PM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Fri, Feb. 12, 12:48 PM
Fri, Feb. 12, 9:17 AM
Thu, Feb. 11, 5:35 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 5:04 PM
- Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS) plummets after disclosing it suffered a financial impact from the transition to an enterprise platform from legacy systems.
- "Many of our customers endured delays and delivery reschedules as we ramped up the new system. These results are not acceptable to us," said CEO Shelly Ibach.
- The company expects full-year EPS of $1.25 to $1.45 vs. $1.57 consensus.
- Previously: Select Comfort EPS of -$0.42 (Feb. 11)
- SCSS -16.53% AH to $17.10.
Thu, Feb. 11, 4:15 PM
- Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS): Q4 EPS of -$0.42 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.05.
- Revenue of $214.68M (-33.4% Y/Y) misses by $75.04M.
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM