Select Comfort May Keep Investors Up At Night
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Tue, Aug. 16, 9:48 AM
- Piper Jaffray upgrades Select Comfort (SCSS -1%) to Overweight from Neutral on a positive view of the company's prospects in 2017.
- The investment firm lifts its price target on the bedding stock to $31 from $23.
- Shares of SCSS took off last week after peer Mattress Firm was acquired.
Mon, Aug. 15, 9:59 AM
- Select Comfort (SCSS +7.3%) is higher after Piper Jaffray upgrades the retail stock to Overweight from Neutral.
- The investment firm bumps its price target on SCSS 35% higher to $31.
Mon, Aug. 8, 10:03 AM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:42 PM
Fri, Apr. 29, 12:44 PM
Fri, Feb. 12, 12:48 PM
Fri, Feb. 12, 9:17 AM
Thu, Feb. 11, 5:35 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 5:04 PM
- Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS) plummets after disclosing it suffered a financial impact from the transition to an enterprise platform from legacy systems.
- "Many of our customers endured delays and delivery reschedules as we ramped up the new system. These results are not acceptable to us," said CEO Shelly Ibach.
- The company expects full-year EPS of $1.25 to $1.45 vs. $1.57 consensus.
- Previously: Select Comfort EPS of -$0.42 (Feb. 11)
- SCSS -16.53% AH to $17.10.
Dec. 22, 2015, 9:51 AM
- Select Comfort (SCSS -2.6%) is down in early trading after both Piper Jaffray and Stifel Nicolaus raise caution.
- Piper's harsh note on the retailer includes a downward revision of same-store sales to a -11% mark from -5%.
- Stifel cites a high level of customer complaints during the current quarter as a profit wrecker.
- Piper moved its rating to Neutral from Overweight.
Nov. 5, 2015, 12:43 PM
Nov. 5, 2015, 8:59 AM
- Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS) soars in early trading after the company improved EPS by 35% Y/Y in Q3 to smash the consensus estimate.
- Gross margin was up 110 bps to 62.5%. A lower sales and marketing spend as a percentage of sales was a factor
- Operating income rate +170 bps to 10.6%.
- Previously: Select Comfort beats by $0.22, beats on revenue (Nov. 04 2015)
- SCSS +11.71% premarket to $23.95.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:39 PM
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:41 PM
Jun. 15, 2015, 9:54 AM
- Select Comfort (SCSS -5.3%) slides after taking on a downgrade from Wedbush to Neutral from Outperform on a valuation call.
- The investment firm set a price target of $34 on the bedding stock.
- SCSS +51% over the last 52 weeks.
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:39 PM
Select Comfort Corp. designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes beds, proprietary beds, and other sleep-related accessory products. It offers beds under the brand name Sleep Number. The company was founded by Robert Walker and JoAnn Walker in 1987 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN.
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Home Furnishings & Fixtures
Country: United States