Select Comfort CorporationNASDAQ
Select Comfort May Keep Investors Up At Night
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Select Comfort: Just The Basic Facts
Wed, Jul. 20, 4:08 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:35 PM
Tue, May 31, 9:11 AM
- Consumer spending on durable goods rose 2.3% in April, while spending on nondurable goods increased 1.4%. Both marks exceeded the expectations of economists. Overall consumer spending rose at the fastest rate in seven years.with a 1.0% M/M increase.
- While a higher level of spending on automobiles was anticipated, a category to keep an eye on is home furnishings and home repair with more data out suggesting that millennials are freeing up dollars for their houses.
- Related stocks: BSET, CRWS, ETH, HOFT, LZB, LCUT, NWL, SCSS, STLY, TPX, TUP, BGG, SWK, HD, LOW.
- Previously: Retailers with a fix on the modern U.S. consumer (May 28)
- Previously: Personal income rises in-line with forecast (May 31)
Fri, Apr. 29, 12:44 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:15 PM
- Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS): Q1 EPS of $0.27 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $352.98M (+0.9% Y/Y) beats by $11.35M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Fri, Feb. 12, 12:48 PM
Fri, Feb. 12, 9:17 AM
Thu, Feb. 11, 5:35 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 5:04 PM
- Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS) plummets after disclosing it suffered a financial impact from the transition to an enterprise platform from legacy systems.
- "Many of our customers endured delays and delivery reschedules as we ramped up the new system. These results are not acceptable to us," said CEO Shelly Ibach.
- The company expects full-year EPS of $1.25 to $1.45 vs. $1.57 consensus.
- Previously: Select Comfort EPS of -$0.42 (Feb. 11)
- SCSS -16.53% AH to $17.10.
Thu, Feb. 11, 4:15 PM
- Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS): Q4 EPS of -$0.42 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.05.
- Revenue of $214.68M (-33.4% Y/Y) misses by $75.04M.
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 29, 8:02 AM
- Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS) trades higher after being upgraded by Wedbush to Outperform from Neutral.
- A store survey by the investment firm indicates a "positive inflection" in sales in a development that should help Select Comfort meet 2016 guidance numbers.
- A price target of $23 is lined up by Wedbush.
- SCSS +2.34% premarket to $19.25.
Thu, Jan. 14, 8:24 AM
- Consumer discretionary stocks on watch today include Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH), La-Z-Boy (NYSE:LZB), Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR), Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK), Select Comfort (NASDAQ:SCSS), and Mattress Firm (NASDAQ:MFRM).
- The home furnishing/home furniture group is typically seen as benefiting from low gas prices and steady employment trends, but were pummeled yesterday with 4% to 5% losses.
- The broad consumer discretionary sector has its worst day since last August with the Consumer Discretionary Select Sector SPDR ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) down 3.37%.
- ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXD, FDIS, RCD, PMR, PEZ, PSCD, BITE.
Dec. 22, 2015, 9:51 AM
- Select Comfort (SCSS -2.6%) is down in early trading after both Piper Jaffray and Stifel Nicolaus raise caution.
- Piper's harsh note on the retailer includes a downward revision of same-store sales to a -11% mark from -5%.
- Stifel cites a high level of customer complaints during the current quarter as a profit wrecker.
- Piper moved its rating to Neutral from Overweight.
Dec. 8, 2015, 11:31 AM
- It's breakout time for some stocks tied to home furnishings and home improvement.
- Mattress Firm (MFRM +3.4%), Williams-Sonoma (WSM +1.4%), Select Comfort (SCSS +1.7%), American Woodmark (AMWD +2.7%), Bassett Furniture (BSET +0.1%), Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +0.3%), and Kirkland's (KIRK +0.7%), Restoration Hardware (RH +1.1%) are all comfortably ahead of market averages.
- Home Depot (HD +0.1%) and Lowe's (LOW +0.9%)are also putting in modest gains.