Seadrill Is Well-Positioned For The Current Difficulties In The Industry
- Seadrill has been one of the most rapidly growing offshore drilling contractors over the past decade.
- Today, the company has one of the largest ultra-deepwater and shallow-water fleets in the industry.
- Seadrill's contract position is much stronger than that of the other large offshore drilling companies.
- Seadrill's modern fleet better positions it to weather the current ultra-deepwater weakness than its peers.
- The company remains cautiously optimistic about the shallow-water market going forward due to the large number of old rigs that may be scrapped and replaced.