Tue, Jul. 12, 10:51 AM
- Because they historically haven't been yield names, tech stocks tend to be underweighted in dividend ETFs. The Vanguard Dividend Appreciation Index (NYSEARCA:VIG), the SPDR S&P Dividend (NYSEARCA:SDY), and the iShares Select Dividend (NYSEARCA:DVY) have 10%, 4%, and 2% of their assets, respectively, in tech.
- For those looking for more tech exposure in their dividend ETF, the First Trust Nasdaq Technology Dividend Index (NASDAQ:TDIV) has mostly big-cap tech and telecom services companies which have paid and not cut a dividend in the past year. Apple, Cisco, Qualcomm, Microsoft, and IBM are among the top-10 holdings.
- The WisdomTree U.S. Quality Dividend ETF (NASDAQ:DGRW) has 19% of its holdings in tech.
- The Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (NYSEARCA:SCHD) and FlexShares Quality Dividend Defensive ETF (NYSEARCA:QDEF) each have double-digit percentage of AUM in tech.
Fri, Jun. 17, 7:06 PM
- SPDR S&P Regional Banking ETF (NYSEARCA:KRE) $0.2009. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.02%.
- SPDR S&P 400 Mid Cap Value ETF (NYSEARCA:MDYV) $0.4006. 30-Day Sec yield of 1.93%.
- SPDR Morgan Stanley Technology ETF (NYSEARCA:MTK) $0.1433. 30-Day Sec yield of 0.78%.
- SPDR Russell 1000 ETF (NYSEARCA:ONEK) $0.4955. 30-Day Sec yield of 1.98%.
- SPDR Wells Fargo Preferred Stock ETF (NYSEARCA:PSK) $0.6363. 30-Day Sec yield of 5.18%.
- SPDR Russell Small Cap Completeness ETF (NYSEARCA:RSCO) $0.3325. 30-Day Sec yield of 1.59%.
- SPDR Dow Jones REIT ETF (NYSEARCA:RWR) $0.7772. 30-Day Sec yield of 3.25%.
- SPDR S&P Dividend ETF (NYSEARCA:SDY) $0.5057. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.41%.
- Payable June 27; for shareholders of record June 21; ex-div June 17. 30-Day Sec yield as on 6/16/16.
Fri, Mar. 18, 4:24 PM
- SPDR S&P 500 Buyback ETF (NYSEARCA:SPYB) - quarterly distribution of $0.1793. 30-Day Sec yield of 1.54%.
- SPDR Global Dow ETF (NYSEARCA:DGT) - quarterly distribution of $0.2597. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.53%.
- SPDR Wells Fargo Preferred Stock ETF (NYSEARCA:PSK) - quarterly distribution of $0.4014. 30-Day Sec yield of 5.41%.
- SPDR S&P Dividend ETF (NYSEARCA:SDY) - quarterly distribution of $0.4594. 30-Day Sec yield of 2.50%.
- All are payable Mar. 29; for shareholders of record Mar. 22; ex-div Mar. 18. 30-Day Sec yield is as of 3/16/2016.
Dec. 18, 2015, 5:22 PM
Sep. 18, 2015, 4:04 PM
Jun. 19, 2015, 4:05 PM
Mar. 20, 2015, 2:10 PM
Mar. 11, 2015, 11:51 AM
- At the top of the list of those outperforming the largest dividend ETFs and the S&P 500 by a sizable margin is the Deep Value ETF (NYSEARCA:DVP) - launched last September - up 3.1% YTD.
- Also outperforming: Cambria Shareholder Yield (NYSEARCA:SYLD), First Trust NASDAQ Rising Dividend Achiever (NASDAQ:RDVY), FlexShares Quality Dividend (NYSEARCA:QDF), and WisdomTree U.S. Dividend Growth (NASDAQ:DGRW).
- The three largest dividend ETFs: VIG, DVY, SDY - are lagging not only the above relative newcomers, but the S&P 500 as well.
- Seeking Alpha RTA subscribers for the 5 outperformers: 892.
- Seeking Alpha RTA subscribers for the popular laggards: 16,740.
- ETFs: DVY, SCHD, SDOG, DLN, DHS, FDL, DTD, FVD, DVYL, SDYL
Jan. 7, 2015, 10:24 AM
- Net dividend increases of $12B in Q4 compared to $12.7B a year prior. For all 2014, dividend increases of $54.8B were roughly the same as the previous year. 3,308 companies boosted dividends last year vs. 2,895 in 2013.
- Non-S&P 500 companies got more into the act, with the percentage of those paying dividends rising to 48.5% in Q4 from 47.7% a year earlier.
- The next area to watch for potential increases is the S&P Small Cap 600, says S&P Dow Jones' Howard Silverblatt, noting a net gain of 15 payers over the past six months.
- A word of caution: Though the dollar amount of total dividend cuts in Q4 was flat from a year earlier, over half the cuts came from energy issues. It's not yet the financial dividend meltdown of 2008/2009, says Silverblatt, but energy does account for 11% of dividends in the general market.
- ETFs: DVY, VIG, SDY, SCHD, SDOG, NOBL, DLN, DHS, FDL, DTD, DGRW, FVD, PFM, DVYL, SDYL, DGRO, RDVY, DIVC
Dec. 19, 2014, 2:01 PM
Sep. 19, 2014, 2:15 PM
Sep. 18, 2014, 1:05 PM
- The C-Tracks Exchange Traded Notes Miller/Howard Strategic Dividend Reinvestor (NYSEARCA:DIVC) will an index of 30 equal weighted domestic stocks, selected for their current dividend yield and the expected growth of that yield, along with other fundamental indicators.
- Other dividend growth ETFs: VIG, SDY, NOBL, DGRW, PFM, RDVY, DGRO
Jun. 20, 2014, 9:53 AM
Apr. 9, 2014, 12:14 PM
- According to S&P Dow Jones, 1,078 companies boosted dividends in Q1, 14.2% more than a year ago, and besting the previous record of 1.069 set in 1979. The dollar amount of increases foots to $17.8B, 22.9% higher than a year ago. A few cut payouts - 102 out of roughly 10K traded issues, and down from 139 a year ago.
- The weighted dividend yield grew 4 basis points during the quarter to 2.48%, says S&P's Howard Silverblatt. Room to grow even more? Payout ratios continue to scrape by at 36% vs. their historic average of 52%.
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, VIG, SDY, VYM, SCHD, HDV, KBWD, DES, NOBL, PEY, DIV, SPHD, DLN, DHS, DTD, DON, FDL, DGRW, FVD, PFM, SDYL, DVYL, DGRS, RDIV, RDVY, QDF, QDEF, QDYN, QINC
Mar. 21, 2014, 1:49 PM
Mar. 14, 2014, 11:39 AM
- The First Trust Value Line Dividend Index ETF (FVD +0.2%) has done its job well, writes Morningstar's Abby Woodham, but the 70 basis point expense ratio is "a relic of the days before the ETF price wars." It may have been acceptable a decade ago, but is "unjustifiable" when similar ETFs are available for just a handful of basis points per year.
- FVD's portfolio looks like a low-vol strategy that emphasizes yield, she writes, and the 5-year standard deviation is one of the lowest among dividend ETFs.
- Possible alternatives: Vanguard Dividend Appreciation (VIG +0.1%) with 0.10% expenses, Vanguard High Dividend Yield Index (VYM -0.1%) also charging 10 bps, Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD +0.1%) - the cheapest in the category at 0.07% - SPDR S&P Dividend (SDY +0.1%) with 0.35% expenses, WisdomTree Equity Income (DHS) with 0.38% expenses, and iShares Select Dividend (DVY +0.3%) charging 0.40%.
- ETFs: DVY, VIG, SDY, VYM, SCHD, HDV, KBWD, DES, PEY, DIV, SPHD, DLN, DHS, DTD, DON, DGRW, FDL, NOBL, FVD, PFM, SDYL, DVYL, DGRS, RDIV, RDVY, QDF, QDYN, QDEF
The SPDR® S&P® Dividend ETF before expenses seeks to closely match the returns and characteristics of the S&P High Yield Dividend AristocratsTM Index. Our approach is designed to provide portfolios with low portfolio turnover, accurate tracking, and lower costs.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Other News & PR