Sprouts Farmers Is The Best Positioned Natural Foods Grocer
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Time To Buy Sprouts Farmers Market
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Yesterday, 9:20 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Tue, Apr. 26, 11:32 AM
- Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +0.5%) discloses in a SEC filing that director Shon Boney should no longer be considered an independent director of the company.
- The company purchased an airplane last year from Boney at a price that fell below an independent appraisal.
- Sprouts still has a majority of independent directors on the board.
- SEC Form 14A
Thu, Apr. 14, 3:16 PM
- Whole Foods Market (WFM +1.2%) is strategically placing 365 outlets near rival stores from the Trader Joe's and Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM -1.9%), according to analysis from Oppenheimer.
- As would be expected, a lower percentage of locations picked for the 365 budget chain are near Whole Foods stores, although Oppenheimer still sees some risk of cannibalization.
- Now read Whole Foods: Store Growth Provides Upside
Mon, Feb. 29, 2:46 PM
- Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +1.7%) will add more deli offerings after limited testing of the initiative went well.
- 70% of new stores and around 30 existing stores will receive the deli upgrade, CEO Amin Maredia advised on the firm's post-earnings conference call.
- "We believe these deli enhancements will increase our daytime traffic and bring more relevance to our customer shopping experience without adding a tremendous amount of capital to our new store build-out," said Maredia.
- Sprouts Farmers Market earnings call transcript
Thu, Feb. 25, 8:32 AM
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACIW, AG, ALKS, AMCX, AMRN, AMWD, ANSS, APA, APLP, AROC, BBY, BUD, CCOI, CHS, CLDX, CM, CNSL, CORE, CPB, CPK, CRI, CVC, DPZ, EGRX, EME, EMES, ENOC, FCH, FCN, FIG, GLOG, GOGO, GTLS, GVA, HBM, HEES, HMHC, HTWR, INCR, IONS, IRDM, IRM, ITC, KERX, KOP, KSS, LKQ, MITL, NEWM, NPO, [[NTi]], NXST, PCRX, PDCO, PF, PGTI, PRIM, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RRD, RWLK, SAFM, SDRL, SEAS, SERV, SFM, SFUN, SHLD, SPAR, STWD, TD, TFX, TREE, TWI, UNT, UTHR, VAC, VC, VWR, W, WIN, WNR, WNRL, WPC, XCRA, ZBRA, ZEUS
Fri, Feb. 12, 9:26 AM
- Stifel Nicolaus sets its sights on the grocery store sector after yesterday's dramatic report of Kroger's (NYSE:KR) interest in a buyout of The Fresh Market (NASDAQ:TFM).
- The investment firm gives Kroger a Buy rating and $45 price target after digesting the consolidation potential. Kroger's M&A spree over the last few years already includes Roundy's, Vitacost, and Harris Teeter - although management has been credited with successful integration strategies.
- Investors have been rewarded from Kroger's growth push with shares of the grocery store chain outperforming the S&P 500 Index by a wide margin (+215% vs. +36% over 5 years).
- Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ:SFM) is also given a Buy rating from Stifel and assigned a PT of $27.
- Previously: The Fresh Market closes +22% on buyout spike, more room to run? (Feb. 11 2016)
- SFM +2.1% premarket to $22.55 vs. a 52-week range of $16.41 to $38.45.
- TFM +1.81% premarket to $23.09 vs. a 52-week range of $17.81 to $42.09.
- WFM +1.90% premarket to $29.48 vs. a 52-week range of $28.07 to $57.57.
- KR +1.95% premarket to $37.14 vs. a 52-week range of $27.32 to $42.75.
Thu, Feb. 11, 2:03 PM
- The grocery store sector is buzzing off a report from Reuters indicating Kroger wants to buy out The Fresh Market.
- Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +0.7%), Whole Foods Market (WFM +0.2%), Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC +1.9%), and Ingle Markets (IMKTA +0.2%) have all spiked higher since the story broke.
- Previously: Reuters: Kroger seek buyout of The Fresh Market (Feb. 11)
Fri, Feb. 5, 5:48 PM
- Sprouts Farmers Markets (NASDAQ:SFM) will replace SolarWinds (about to be taken private) in the S&P MidCap 400 following Monday's close.
- Sprouts has risen to $24.39 after hours in response. Q4 results arrive on the morning of Feb. 25.
Fri, Feb. 5, 5:38 PM
Fri, Jan. 29, 10:28 AM
- Grocery store stocks are early outperformers on the day.
- Supervalu (SVU +6.3%), Kroger (KR +2.6%), The Fresh Market (TFM +2.7%), SpartanNash (SPTN +2.8%), Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +2.8%), and Whole Foods Market (WFM +3.2%) are all drawing in buyers.
- Traders are pointing to the macroeconomic climate and valuation as catalysts. Earlier, SA contributor Hawkinvest pitched the case that SVU is vastly undervalued.
Dec. 29, 2015, 10:06 AM
- Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ:SFM) is up 2% in early trading after Detwiler Fenton issues a positive outlook on the company's grocery testing with Amazon. Sprouts is part of Amazon's Prime Now service in Los Angeles and other test markets.
- A tie-up between Sprouts Farmers and Amazon could help challenge the Whole Foods-Instacart partnership.
Dec. 18, 2015, 7:45 AM
- The number of organic food offerings at traditional grocery stores stands 35% to 50% higher than a year ago, according to an estimate from Piper Jaffray.
- The development continues to pressure specialty grocery store chains such as Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM), Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ:SFM), Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM), and Natural Grocers By Village Cottage (NYSE:NGVC) which expected to dominate the organic food sector.
- BB&T sees Fairway as in the toughest position of the bunch. Recent earnings reports indicate Kroger (NYSE:KR) and Target (NYSE:TGT) are stealing organic market share.
- "We’re definitely in a little bit of a shakeout right now, and I don’t expect that all of these specialty grocers are going to survive," warns PJ analysts Sean Naughton.
Dec. 10, 2015, 10:30 AM
- The organic grocery store sector is making some modest gains with Whole Foods Market (WFM +3.3%), Fairway Group (FWM +3%), Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +2.6%), and The Fresh Market (TFM +2.5%) all higher than broad market averages.
- The group has had a very rough year due to a high level of competition and some saturation in key markets. Consolidation is still seen as a potential way out for some chains.
- YTD returns: FWM -76%, SFM -24%, TFM -40%, WFM -38%.
Dec. 7, 2015, 2:22 PM
- Select consumer staples continue to show some resiliency after last week's U.S. jobs report came in strong.
- Personal care stocks Avon Products (AVP +4%), Estee Lauder (EL +1.6%), and Elizabeth Arden (RDEN +3.2%) are all higher. Activist investors circling Avon are also a factor along with the consumer spending optimism.
- The grocery store sector is up solidly, led by Kroger (KR +2.2%), Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +2.2%), Ingles Markets (IMKTA +0.7%), and Supervalu (SVU +1.8%). Whole Foods Market (WFM +4.3%) is also up a brisk 4.3%, although the company tiptoes the line between discretionary and staples.
- The buying action on the names above along with the strong day for the beverage sector have been enough to keep the S&P Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) in positive territory even with broad market averages lower.
- Last week: Rally mode for consumer-facing stocks (Dec. 04 2015)
- ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA
Sprouts Farmers Markets, Inc. is a chain of specialty grocery stores which offers natural and organic food includes fresh produce, bulk foods, vitamins and supplements, grocery, meat and seafood, bakery, dairy, frozen foods, body care and natural household items. The company operates its... More
Industry: Grocery Stores
Country: United States
Other News & PR