Thu, Aug. 11, 2:02 PM
Thu, Aug. 11, 12:48 PM
Thu, Aug. 11, 8:29 AM
- A. Schulman (NASDAQ:SHLM) -18% premarket following a trading halt, after cutting full-year earnings guidance due to deteriorating conditions in its major markets.
- SHLM says it now expects FY 2016 EPS of $1.90-$1.95 vs. $2.42 analyst consensus estimate and below its previous forecast of $2.40-$2.45.
- SHLM says its key end-markets in the U.S. and Europe did not present notable headwinds at the beginning of the quarter, but suffered double-digit volume contraction as the quarter progressed, which has continued into August.
Wed, Jun. 29, 2:03 PM
Tue, Apr. 5, 5:37 PM
Mon, Mar. 14, 9:09 AM
- A. Schulman (NASDAQ:SHLM) -11.7% premarket after cutting its earnings outlook as sales volumes slow.
- The plastics supplier now sees Q2 EPS of $0.25-$0.30 vs. $0.48 analyst consensus estimate, and lowers its FY 2016 EPS guidance to $2.40-$2.45 from its earlier outlook for $2.80-$2.85 vs. $2.94 consensus.
- SHLM cites previously disclosed negative quality reports related to some materials produced at a plant in Indiana, and weaker sales volumes in the company's Citadel and legacy businesses, which it says have been hurt by lower oil prices.
Sep. 28, 2015, 12:58 PM
- Huntsman (HUN -23.8%) plunges by nearly 25% following an earnings warning from the company after Friday's market close that lower titanium dioxide pricing, currency headwinds, soft demand in Asia, lower oil prices and a delay in benefits from lower raw material prices will negatively impact Q3 earnings.
- HUN says it also sees lower margins for methyl tertiary butyl ether due to lower oil prices and forecast continued lower MDI urethane component product margins in the Asia Pacific region.
- CEO Peter Huntsman says he is "optimistic about the future" despite the short-term headwinds, and that the company anticipates Q4 adjusted EBITDA similar to Q3 at ~$300M, similar to last year's level; HUN also remains committed to a separation of the pigments and additives business by year-end 2016 or sooner.
- Other chemical companies also are lower: DOW -2.7%, DD -1.7%, EMN -4%, ASH -4.3%, CC -7.6%, KRO -1%, SHLM -3.1%, LYB -4.1%, SSL -4%, OTCQX:BASFY -1.3%.
Jul. 7, 2015, 10:05 AM
- A. Schulman (SHLM -12.1%) plunges in early trading after reporting FQ3 earnings and revenues below expectations, including a 13% Y/Y revenue decline to $561M.
- SHLM does most of its business outside the U.S. and has been hit hard by falling demand in Europe and a weaker euro; FQ3 revenue from Europe, the Middle East and Africa fell 21% Y/Y, which would have been only 1.9% without currency fluctuations.
- Sales rose 4.1% in the U.S. and Canada and by 4.3% in the Asia Pacific region, bolstered by recent acquisitions.
- SHLM issues downside guidance for FY 2015, seeing EPS of $2.37-$2.42 vs. $2.46 analyst consensus estimate, lowered from $2.50-$2.55, citing its recent HGGC Citadel Plastics Holdings acquisition and the effect of a capital restructuring.
Jul. 6, 2015, 5:38 PM
Jan. 6, 2015, 4:16 PM
- A. Schulman (NASDAQ:SHLM): FQ1 EPS of $0.63 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $615.1M (+5.1% Y/Y) misses by $29.3M.
- Shares +1.09%.
Oct. 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jul. 1, 2014, 5:36 PM
Jan. 6, 2014, 5:38 PM
Jul. 3, 2013, 1:32 PM
Jul. 2, 2013, 11:34 AM
Jul. 1, 2013, 4:47 PM
A. Schulman, Inc. engages in the supply of plastic compounds, resins, and services. It offers custom performance colors, masterbatch solutions, engineered plastics, specialty powders, and distribution services. The company operates through the following segments: Europe, Middle East and Africa,... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Rubber & Plastics
Country: United States