Steven Madden: Overvalued At These Levels
Steven Madden Is Offering Decent Upside With Limited Down Side
Steven Madden: Overvalued At These Levels
Fri, Jul. 22, 10:13 AM
- A weak earnings report from Skechers (SKX -22%) and a warning from VF Corp (VFC -2.8%) is taking down a number of peers of the apparel sellers.
- Soft demand in Asia, disruption in Europe, and continued F/X headwinds were cited by both companies.
- Oxford Industries (OXM -2.1%), Wolverine World Wide (WWW -2.6%), Crocs (CROX -2.9%), Steven Madden (SHOO -1.8%), and G-III Apparel Group (GIII -2.3%) are all lower.
- The negative start to the earnings season for the apparel/footwear sector appears to be impacting Nike (NKE -0.8%) and Under Armour (UA -0.9%) as well.
- Previously: Skechers -8% after missing Q2 expectations (July 21)
- Previously: V.F. beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (July 22)
Fri, Apr. 22, 7:04 AM
Thu, Apr. 21, 5:30 PM
Wed, Feb. 24, 7:33 AM
- Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO) reports retail sales rose 8.9% to $79.3M in a weather-challenged Q4. Same-store sales were up 6.1% during the period.
- Gross margin rate +180 bps to 36.1%.
- Operating expenses as a percentage of sales increased 10 bps to 25.6%.
- The company ended the quarter with inventory up 10% Y/Y to $102.08M.
- Steven Madden sees FY16 sales rising 2% to 3% and EPS falling in a range of $1.93-$2.03 vs. $2.10 consensus.
- Previously: Steven Madden EPS and revenue in-line (Feb. 24 2016)
Wed, Feb. 24, 7:12 AM
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:30 PM
Oct. 29, 2015, 7:01 AM
- Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO): Q3 EPS of $0.70 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $413.46M (+5.5% Y/Y) misses by $2.7M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Jul. 30, 2015, 7:19 AM
- Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO): Q2 EPS of $0.40 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $323.58M (+9.4% Y/Y) beats by $8.12M.
Apr. 24, 2015, 8:19 AM
- Steve Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO) reports same-store sales rose 11.6% in Q1 in its retail business.
- Wholesale business revenue rose 4.5% to $277M.
- Management says new fashion footwear trends worked in the company's advantage.
- Gross margin rate -120 bps to 34.4% driven by a change in mix after the Dolce Vita acquisition.
- Operating expenses rate +160 bps to 26.8%.
- The company ended the quarter with inventory -18% Y/Y at $76M.
- Guidance: Steve Madden says it's "on track" to meet sales and profit targets for the year.
- Previously: Steven Madden beats by $0.01, beats on revenue
Apr. 24, 2015, 7:12 AM
- Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO): Q1 EPS of $0.32 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $323.95M (+6.3% Y/Y) beats by $7.55M.
Apr. 23, 2015, 5:30 PM
Feb. 24, 2015, 7:37 AM
- Steve Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO) reports wholesales business revenue 1% to $270.9M in Q4.
- Strength with the Dolce Vita brand was seen during the quarter.
- Gross margin rate -350 bps to 34.3% due in part to extra air freight costs as a result of the port slowdown on the West Coast/
- Operating expenses as a percentage of sales +240 bps to 25.6%.
- Inventory +25.8% Y/Y to $92.677M.
- 2015 guidance: Sales growth of 7% to 9% expected. EPS is forecast to fall in a range of $1.85 to $1.95.
- SHOO -0.4% premarket.
Feb. 24, 2015, 7:11 AM
- Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO): Q4 EPS of $0.34 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $342.62M (-0.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.87M.
Feb. 23, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AIXG, ALKS, AMT, BMO, CBRL, CEQP, CLDT, CLDX, CMCSA, CMLP, COT, CRNT, CRZO, CYRN, DAKT, DCI, DPZ, DRH, DYAX, ECL, EXAS, EXLS, EXPD, FDML, GLDD, GTLS, HD, IART, IPXL, M, MNKD, NEO, ODP, PCRX, PF, PLL, RLGY, SAFM, SAH, SHLX, SHOO, SPAR, SPWR, SUI, THRM, TOL, TREX, TRXC, UTHR, VAL, VSI, WEN, WIN, WLK, WPC, ZINC
Steven Madden Ltd. designs, sources, markets and sells fashion-forward footwear for women, men, and children. The company operates through five segments: Wholesale Footwear, Wholesale Accessories, Retail, First Cost and Licensing. The Wholesale Footwear segment is comprised of the following... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Textile - Apparel Footwear & Accessories
Country: United States
Other News & PR