Sears Hometown And Outlet Stores: Getting Ready For Lift-Off
Top Retail Value Play Heading Into 2015: Sears Hometown And Outlet Stores
Money Investor • 16 Comments
Money Investor • 16 Comments
Fri, Jun. 3, 7:13 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS) reports comparable-store sales fell 2.8% in Q1.
- Comp for Hometown decreased 2.6% driven by a decline in home appliances and a decline in lawn and garden due to unfavorable weather conditions in key trade areas.
- Outlet comp declined 3.1% primarily driven by lower sales of home appliances due to continued competitive pricing pressure on new, in-box products, which made out-of-box product price comparisons less compelling.
- Segment sales: Hometown:$366.58M (-10.7%); Outlet sales: $170.4M (-1%).
- Gross margin rate squeezed 250 bps to 21.6%.
- SG&A expense rate improved 130 bps to 22%.
- Inventory -1.9% to $430.4M.
- Store count -8.3 Y/Y to 1,145: Hometown: 986 (-105 Y/Y); Outlet: 159 (+2 Y/Y).
Fri, Jun. 3, 6:03 AM
Thu, Mar. 24, 6:32 AM
Fri, Feb. 12, 10:17 AM
Thu, Jan. 21, 10:34 AM
- Stocks tied to consumers pouring money into their houses are ripping gains today. The rally includes home improvement, home building, and home furnishings stocks.
- Gainers include Profire Energy (PFIE +10.1%), Pier 1 Imports (PIR +3.9%), Lumber Liquidators (LL +3.3%), Home Depot (HD +3.9%), Restoration Hardware (RH +2.7%), Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +1.7%), Haverty Furniture (HVT +1.1%), Beacon Roofing (BECN +2.1%), Lowe's (LOW +2.4%), Kirkland's (KIRK +3%) and Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (SHOS +1.9%).
Dec. 4, 2015, 5:40 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS): Q3 EPS of -$0.17
- Revenue of $547.14M (-3.2% Y/Y)
Nov. 30, 2015, 9:03 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (NASDAQ:SHOS) continues to transition stores to a higher percentage of floor space dedicated to appliances and home designs.
- The company's "America Appliance Experts" initiative is now at 180 Sears Hometown stores in the U.S.
- Brands owned by Whirpool (NYSE:WHR) could benefit from the increased push by Sears to sell appliances.
Sep. 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Sep. 4, 2015, 7:02 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS) reports comparable-store sales decreased 1.4% in Q2.
- Adjusted comp declined 2.6% for the quarter.
- Comp for Hometown dropped 1.1% (-2.5% adjusted) and for Outlet slipped 2.2% (-2.7% adjusted).
- Hometown sales -4.06% to $460.75M; Outlet sales +0.27% to $158.86M.
- Gross margin rate fell 20 bps to 22.8%.
- Adjusted gross margin improved 70 bps to 22.4%.
- SG&A expense rate +20 bps to 22%.
- Inventory -8.14% to $431.38M.
- Store count -36 Y/Y to 1,215.
Sep. 4, 2015, 6:06 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS): Q2 EPS of $0.07
- Revenue of $619.6M (-3.0% Y/Y)
Aug. 18, 2015, 8:39 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (NASDAQ:SHOS) announces a number of stores in different markets will be converted to a new appliance retail strategy.
- The targeted stores will devote more than half of their floor space to appliances from major manufacturers such as Whirlpool, Maytag, and KitchenAid.
- More than one hundred stores in the U.S. have been updated this year with the "America's Appliance Experts" brand refresh.
Jul. 1, 2015, 6:36 PM
- Will Powell, Sears Hometown and Outlet's (NASDAQ:SHOS) COO since 2012, is the company's new CEO. He replaces Bruce Johnson, who announced plans to step down in April.
- In addition, SHOS has named director E.J. Bird its new chairman. Bill Harker recently stepped down as chairman following a 3-year run.
Jun. 29, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 5, 2015, 2:12 PM
- Sears Holdings (SHLD -4.7%) is lower while former unit Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (SHOS +22.9%) rallies strongly after earnings.
- Sears Hometown noted it paid lower commissions for online transactions to Sears Holdings in Q1, although retail analysts think there's more to the wide divergence in shares today.
- Previously: Sears Hometown and Outlet reports Q1 results (June 5)
- Previously: More on Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores' Q1 (June 5)
Jun. 5, 2015, 6:47 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (NASDAQ:SHOS) reports comparable-store sales fell 1.2% in Q1.
- Gross margin rate -30 bps to 24.1% as lower online commissions from Sears Holdings were a factor.
- SG&A expense rate +20 bps to 23.1%.
- Inventory -11% to $438.9M.
- Previously: Sears Hometown and Outlet reports Q1 results
Jun. 5, 2015, 5:48 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS): Q1 EPS of $0.09
- Revenue of $582.8M (-1.2% Y/Y)
Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores, Inc. engages in the sale of home appliances, hardware, tools and lawn and garden equipment. The company operates its business through the following segments: Sears Hometown & Hardware and Sears Outlet. The Sears Hometown & Hardware segment operates through three... More
Industry: Department Stores
Country: United States
Other News & PR