Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores, Inc.NASDAQ
Sears Hometown And Outlet: The Positive News You Missed
Investing With An Edge: Sears Hometown And Outlet Stores
Andrew Walker, CFA • 33 Comments
Andrew Walker, CFA • 33 Comments
Mon, Oct. 10, 11:02 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (SHOS +0.4%) announces the refresh of eight stores in Alabama.
- The update effort is part of the company's strategy to brand itself as "America's Appliance Experts" across the U.S.
- The store refresh includes a new product assortment, redesigned merchandising, and new fixtures & signage.
- Appliances will occupy more than half of the sales floor under the refresh and will include the Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Samsung and Kenmore brands.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, Sep. 2, 12:43 PM
Fri, Sep. 2, 5:56 AM
Tue, Aug. 23, 10:32 AM
- Select retail chains are higher after Best Buy sailed past profit estimates with its Q2 report.
- Best Buy said sales rose for home theater systems, major appliances, and some computing products.
- Conn's (CONN +1.5%), hhgregg (HGG +4.9%), Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (SHOS +2.2%), and GameStop (GME +3%) are all higher.
- Previously: Best Buy beats by $0.14, beats on revenue (Aug. 23)
- Previously: Best Buy soars after profit impresses (Aug. 23)
Fri, Jun. 3, 7:13 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS) reports comparable-store sales fell 2.8% in Q1.
- Comp for Hometown decreased 2.6% driven by a decline in home appliances and a decline in lawn and garden due to unfavorable weather conditions in key trade areas.
- Outlet comp declined 3.1% primarily driven by lower sales of home appliances due to continued competitive pricing pressure on new, in-box products, which made out-of-box product price comparisons less compelling.
- Segment sales: Hometown:$366.58M (-10.7%); Outlet sales: $170.4M (-1%).
- Gross margin rate squeezed 250 bps to 21.6%.
- SG&A expense rate improved 130 bps to 22%.
- Inventory -1.9% to $430.4M.
- Store count -8.3 Y/Y to 1,145: Hometown: 986 (-105 Y/Y); Outlet: 159 (+2 Y/Y).
Fri, Jun. 3, 6:03 AM
Thu, Mar. 24, 6:32 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS): Q4 EPS of -$1.00.
- Revenue of $538.27M (-4.3% Y/Y).
Fri, Feb. 12, 10:17 AM
Thu, Jan. 21, 10:34 AM
- Stocks tied to consumers pouring money into their houses are ripping gains today. The rally includes home improvement, home building, and home furnishings stocks.
- Gainers include Profire Energy (PFIE +10.1%), Pier 1 Imports (PIR +3.9%), Lumber Liquidators (LL +3.3%), Home Depot (HD +3.9%), Restoration Hardware (RH +2.7%), Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +1.7%), Haverty Furniture (HVT +1.1%), Beacon Roofing (BECN +2.1%), Lowe's (LOW +2.4%), Kirkland's (KIRK +3%) and Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (SHOS +1.9%).
Dec. 4, 2015, 5:40 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS): Q3 EPS of -$0.17
- Revenue of $547.14M (-3.2% Y/Y)
Nov. 30, 2015, 9:03 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (NASDAQ:SHOS) continues to transition stores to a higher percentage of floor space dedicated to appliances and home designs.
- The company's "America Appliance Experts" initiative is now at 180 Sears Hometown stores in the U.S.
- Brands owned by Whirpool (NYSE:WHR) could benefit from the increased push by Sears to sell appliances.
Sep. 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Sep. 4, 2015, 7:02 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS) reports comparable-store sales decreased 1.4% in Q2.
- Adjusted comp declined 2.6% for the quarter.
- Comp for Hometown dropped 1.1% (-2.5% adjusted) and for Outlet slipped 2.2% (-2.7% adjusted).
- Hometown sales -4.06% to $460.75M; Outlet sales +0.27% to $158.86M.
- Gross margin rate fell 20 bps to 22.8%.
- Adjusted gross margin improved 70 bps to 22.4%.
- SG&A expense rate +20 bps to 22%.
- Inventory -8.14% to $431.38M.
- Store count -36 Y/Y to 1,215.
Sep. 4, 2015, 6:06 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet (NASDAQ:SHOS): Q2 EPS of $0.07
- Revenue of $619.6M (-3.0% Y/Y)
Aug. 18, 2015, 8:39 AM
- Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (NASDAQ:SHOS) announces a number of stores in different markets will be converted to a new appliance retail strategy.
- The targeted stores will devote more than half of their floor space to appliances from major manufacturers such as Whirlpool, Maytag, and KitchenAid.
- More than one hundred stores in the U.S. have been updated this year with the "America's Appliance Experts" brand refresh.
Jul. 1, 2015, 6:36 PM
- Will Powell, Sears Hometown and Outlet's (NASDAQ:SHOS) COO since 2012, is the company's new CEO. He replaces Bruce Johnson, who announced plans to step down in April.
- In addition, SHOS has named director E.J. Bird its new chairman. Bill Harker recently stepped down as chairman following a 3-year run.