Thu, Jul. 21, 2:03 PM
Jul. 16, 2015, 3:49 PM
- Sherwin Williams (SHW -7.2%) is one of the day's biggest losers after Q2 earnings and revenue came in below consensus and issuing downside guidance for Q3 and FY 2015.
- SHW now sees Q3 EPS of $3.75-$3.90 vs. $4.15 analyst consensus estimate, on revenue growth of 3%-5%, which computes to $3.25B-$3.31B vs. $3.38B consensus; for the full year, SHW now forecasts EPS of $10.60-$11.00 vs. $11.27 consensus Estimate, on revenue growth of 3%-5%, which computes to $11.46B-$11.69B vs. $11.85B consensus.
- SHW says the stronger dollar has hurt demand in some of its international segments, particularly Latin America, while heavy rains slowed construction and paint demand in large parts of the U.S.
- Citigroup’s P.J. Juvekar, who rates SHW at Neutral, says he was surprised at the guidance cut given lower prices for propylene and TiO2, strong momentum at Lowe’s with SHW’s new HGTV paint, respectable 3.9% same-store growth in paint stores, and less forex exposure in its most important business vs. peers.
Jul. 16, 2015, 9:15 AM
Dec. 12, 2014, 7:26 AM
- Sherwin-Williams (NYSE:SHW) updates 2014 full-year guidance and issues an outlook for 2015.
- The company expects sales to increase 9% this year.
- The range for EPS is narrowed to $8.75-$8.80 vs. $8.81 consensus.
- Sherwin-Williams sees 11% sales growth in 2015 and EPS of $10.65-$10.85 vs. $10.87 consensus.
- SHW -1.7% premarket.
Sep. 26, 2013, 12:43 PM
- H.B. Fuller (FUL +7.6%) shares hit a 52-week high after the maker of adhesives and sealants reported better than expected Q3 results.
- Q3 earnings fell 66% Y/Y but results suffered from tough year-ago comparisons that masked an increase in revenue and wider margins.
- FUL forecast Q4 adjusted EPS of $0.70-$0.74 vs. $0.74 analyst consensus and raised the bottom end of its FY 2013 EPS outlook, narrowing its view to $2.60-$2.65 from $2.55-$2.65 and $2.56 consensus.
- Peers SHW +1.1%, PPG +1%.
Jul. 18, 2013, 9:58 AM
Mexico's Federal Competition Commission has blocked Sherwin Williams' (SHW -8.4%) $2.34B acquisition of paint company Consorcio Comex in a deal that the American company said would boost its presence in the U.S. West Coast and Canada, as well as in Mexico. Sherwin Williams plans to appeal, and remains "hopeful that we can adequately address the Commission's objections and proceed with the transaction." (Q2 earnings)| Jul. 18, 2013, 9:58 AM
Jul. 18, 2013, 9:10 AM
Apr. 15, 2013, 9:58 AM
Sherwin-Williams (SHW +1.8%) trades higher to paint another all-time high after the company is raised to Overweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley on its view more market share can be carved out. The new price target set by the investment firm is $194. More analyst love: Nomura lifts SHW to Buy.| Apr. 15, 2013, 9:58 AM
Nov. 12, 2012, 9:34 AM
More on Sherwin-Williams' (SHW) acquisition of Comex: "This transaction will significantly increase our presence in markets where our store count is low, (and) it builds upon our strategy to grow our architectural paint business in the Americas," says SHW CEO Christopher Connor. Comex operates in Latin America, the U.S. and Canada, and generated 2011 sales of $1.4B. SHW +5.4%.| Nov. 12, 2012, 9:34 AM
Jul. 19, 2012, 8:09 AMSherwin Williams (SHW): Q2 EPS of $2.17 beats by $0.06. Revenue of $2.57B (+9.3% Y/Y) misses by $110M. Shares -1.3% premarket. (PR) | Jul. 19, 2012, 8:09 AM
Apr. 9, 2012, 9:26 AM
Jan. 18, 2012, 12:50 PMIt's only January 18, but is it possible the 2012 housing rebound play is already getting a bit crowded? The XHB +10.9%, TOL +14.3%, LEN +16.3%, HD +6.3% YTD. Even bigger winners are building materials firms, USG +42.5%, PATK +50% YTD. Arguing for an even bigger run is most of these stocks are higher off of very low bases. | Jan. 18, 2012, 12:50 PM
Oct. 20, 2011, 9:41 AM
Sherwin-Williams (SHW +2%) rises after its board authorizes the repurchase of 20M shares. At Sherwin-Williams' current trading price, the buyback has a value of roughly $1.57B, assuming it's carried out in full.| Oct. 20, 2011, 9:41 AM
Sep. 30, 2011, 2:06 PM
KeyBanc Capital initiates shares of Sherwin-Williams (SHW -1.5%) with a Hold rating, saying a depressed North American housing and construction market will keep demand for its products lukewarm. It's still a good week for the paint products company, up 5.3% and outperforming rivals.| Sep. 30, 2011, 2:06 PM
Sep. 26, 2011, 2:12 PM
Shares of Sherwin-Williams (SHW +5.8%) register a sold gain, helped in part by landing a deal to supply paints and coatings at Choice Hotels' large line of hotels and motels.| Sep. 26, 2011, 2:12 PM