The True Maneuvers At Silicon Motion Technology
Jenks Jumps • 13 Comments
Jenks Jumps • 13 Comments
An Update On Silicon Motion
Thu, Jul. 21, 6:05 PM
Thu, Jul. 21, 8:06 AM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:35 PM
Thu, Jul. 7, 9:16 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 6:01 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEL, AF, ALGT, AMKR, AMP, ANIK, AR, ASGN, AVB, AVG, BCR, BGC, BKCC, BLKB, CACI, CAKE, CAVM, CBL, CDE, CGI, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNMD, CNO, CRY, CSGP, CVTI, DGI, DLB, DMRC, DRE, DTLK, DWRE, DXCM, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXTR, FB, FIX, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, FSLR, GG, HOLX, HTCH, HY, IBKC, INFN, IPHS, KEX, KIM, KRA, KRC, KS, LLNW, LOCK, LOGI, LQ, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MN, MSTR, MTGE, NE, NEU, NGD, NTGR, NVDQ, OIS, ORLY, OTEX, PEB, PPC, PRXL, PYPL, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, RCII, RGLD, RNG, ROIC, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SNDK, SPRT, SSS, STR, TAL, TER, TILE, TS, TTEK, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UHS, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WCN, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Thu, Apr. 7, 9:14 AM
Thu, Jan. 28, 6:07 PM
- Silicon Motion Technology (NASDAQ:SIMO): Q4 EPS of $0.55 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $98.04M (+21.8% Y/Y) beats by $1.08M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM| Wed, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM | 9 Comments
Thu, Jan. 21, 4:17 PM
- Chip stocks fared well (SOXX +1.5%) on a day the Nasdaq was nearly flat. The gains came after FPGA maker Xilinx (XLNX +8.6%) beat calendar Q4 sales estimates, issued solid Q1 guidance, and published an 8-K filing that has fueled hopes the company will join the ranks of chip firms to be acquired during the industry's M&A wave.
- Also: Microcontroller and SRAM/NOR flash memory maker Cypress Semi (CY +7.6%) affirmed its Q4 guidance against a backdrop of low expectations.
- Seeing the biggest gains was AMD (AMD +16.1%), which is two days removed from providing weak Q1 guidance to go with a Q4 sales beat. In spite of the guidance and the largely downbeat analyst commentary that has followed, AMD is now up 7% since the Q4 report arrived. Short-covering is likely helping - 120.4M shares (19% of the float) were shorted as of Dec. 31.
- Small-cap Xilinx rival Lattice Semi (LSCC +10.8%) was also a standout. Lattice (like Xilinx) has seen its share of M&A speculation, and CEO Darin Billerbeck has suggested he's open to a sale.
- Other notable gainers include Cavium (CAVM +3.6%), Silicon Motion (SIMO +3.7%), and Knowles (KN +6.5%) - Cavium is exposed to some of the same end-markets as Xilinx. MagnaChip (MX +13.9%) jumped two days after making a positive Q4 pre-announcement. Beaten-down Micron (MU +8%) also rallied strongly, possibly aided by a bullish Morgan Stanley note.
- On its earnings call (transcript), Xilinx mentioned the automotive market (a strong point for many chip companies, as chip content within cars steadily grows) is expected to see record sales in calendar Q1, and deliver 30% sales growth for FY16 (ends in March). Mobile infrastructure-related sales are expected to rise Q/Q, but deemed unlikely to reach a March 2014 peak anytime soon. CEO Moshe Gavrielov: "[E]verything until 2020 is likely to be of a smaller scale and the next big surge will be driven by 5G."
- Chip ETFs: SMH, XSD, PSI, SOXL, USD, SOXS, SSG
Wed, Jan. 20, 8:17 AM
- Silicon Motion Technology (NASDAQ:SIMO) declares $0.15/ADS quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.15%
- Payable Feb. 26; for shareholders of record Feb. 17; ex-div Feb. 12.
Wed, Jan. 6, 9:36 AM
- Silicon Motion (SIMO -1.7%) now expects Q4 revenue to be within the upped half of a prior guidance range for 0%-3% Q/Q growth. That implies a revenue range of $96.8M-$98.3M (consensus is at $96.8M). Gross margin is expected to be at the lower end of a 50%-52% guidance range.
- Q4 results arrive after the Jan. 28 close. SIMO is off slightly on a morning the Nasdaq is down 1.6%.
- Separately, SIMO has unveiled an updated version of its SM2246EN SSD controller it claims is "the world's first turnkey merchant SATA SSD controller solution supporting 3D NAND from multiple vendors." The controller will be shown off at CES.
Oct. 29, 2015, 1:43 PM
- Silicon Motion (SIMO -2.7%) is lower after beating Q3 estimates and guiding for Q4 revenue to be flat to up 3% Q/Q - that implies revenue of $95.4M-$98.3M, in-line with a $97.6M consensus. A broader chip stock selloff (triggered by weak guidance from NXP and others) could be weighing.
- Mobile Storage sales (flash and SSD controllers, as well as storage systems) rose 12% Y/Y to $80.9M; Mobile Communications sales (4G transceivers and mobile TV ICs) fell by $100K to $12.5M; Other revenue totaled $2M. Client SSD controllers (up over 40% Q/Q, now 20% of total revenue) were a strong point, as were eMMC controllers (benefited from higher SK Hynix orders tied to smartphone design wins). Two more auto OEM design wins were landed for SIMO's Ferri embedded storage products.
- Lifting EPS: Gross margin (non-GAAP) rose to 52.9% from 51% in Q2 and 51.6% a year ago, and topped guidance of 50%-52%. Q4 GM guidance is also at 50%-52%.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 28, 2015, 6:01 PM
- Silicon Motion Technology (NASDAQ:SIMO): Q3 EPS of $0.57 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $95.4M (+10.2% Y/Y) beats by $1.25M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AFFX, AFOP, AMGN, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, BANC, BLKB, BWLD, CACI, CAVM, CBL, CGI, CHDN, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNL, CNO, CNW, CRUS, CSGP, CW, CWT, DRE, DYAX, ECHO, ELLI, EPR, EQIX, EQY, ESIO, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FFIV, FMC, FORM, FORR, FR, GPRO, HBI, HLS, HOS, HT, HUBG, HY, INT, INVN, ISIL, KEX, KRA, KS, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NEM, NGD, NSIT, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OGS, OII, ORLY, OTEX, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, QUIK, REG, ROG, ROVI, RRC, SCI, SGI, SGMO, SIMO, SPN, SPRT, SPWR, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, THG, THRX, TILE, TLLP, TSO, TTMI, UNM, VAR, VECO, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WLL, WMB, WSTL, WTS, YELP
Oct. 23, 2015, 8:15 AM
- Silicon Motion Technology (NASDAQ:SIMO) declares $0.15/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.03%
- Payable Nov. 20; for shareholders of record Nov. 9; ex-div Nov. 5.
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. engages in developing microcontroller for flash storage and mobile devices. It involves in designing and developing semiconductor solutions. The company was founded in November 2005 and is headquartered in Jhubei City, Taiwan.
Industry: Diversified Electronics
Other News & PR