Oct. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AME, AMTD, AN, AXE, BP, CAS, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DIN, ECL, ENTG, FCX, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, HCA, HMC, HOT, HRS, ICON, IIVI, IPGP, LH, MDSO, MLM, MMC, MSM, MSO, MWV, NBL, NCI, NVS, PCAR, PCG, PES, PFE, PH, POR, RDWR, SAIA, SAVE, SCHN, SCOR, SHW, SIRI, SNCR, ST, SYRG, TECH, TKR, TRW, TTS, TWI, UBS, UTHR, VDSI, VRTS, VSH, WAB, WHR, XYL
Oct. 2, 2014, 3:14 AM
- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI) will appeal a California federal judge's ruling stating it violated state copyright laws for airing pre-1972 songs by the band, The Turtles, without paying royalties.
- Last month, U.S. District Judge Philip Gutierrez found that California law gave the band copyright protection, although federal copyright only applies to recordings made after February 1972.
- The outcome of the case will have wide reaching implications for not only digital music services, but for radio stations and public venues as well.
Sep. 23, 2014, 11:42 AM
- A judge in California rules that Sirius XM Radio (SIRI +1.6%) violated state copyright laws and may have to pay members of the Turtles royalties for the use of the rock group's hit songs.
- The case has been closely watched by the music industry with efforts underway to way create an "Oldies Law" for recordings which predate a 1972 federal law.
Sep. 9, 2014, 5:36 PM
- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI) +0.8% AH after raising FY 2014 guidance for net subscriber additions to ~1.45M, from previous guidance of 1.25M, reaffirming 2014 guidance for revenue of $4.1B, adjusted EBITDA of $1.425B and free cash flow of $1.1B.
- SIRI says its outlook for "self-pay" subscriber additions remains at ~1.25M for the year.
- "The company is executing extremely well, and with this summer's strong new car sales, we now expect to comfortably exceed our previous subscriber target," CEO Jim Meyer says.
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:55 AM
- Liberty Media (NASDAQ:LMCA) reports its ownership in SiriusXM (NASDAQ:SIRI) grew to 56% in Q2.
- The company's spinoff of Liberty Broadband is scheduled to occur in 2H of 2014.
- Under the terms of the spinoff, shareholders will receive one-fourth of a share of the corresponding series of Liberty Broadband common stock for every whole share of Liberty Media's common stock held by them.
Jul. 29, 2014, 7:21 AM
Jul. 29, 2014, 7:05 AM
Jul. 15, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jul. 15, 2014, 4:36 PM
- This addition brings the company's aggregate buyback authorization up to $6B, good for nearly 1.8B shares at today's closing price of $3.38.
- Stock may be bought back in the open market, or in privately negotiated deals, including accelerated repurchase transactions with Liberty Media and affiliates.
- SIRI +1.8% premarket to $3.44.
- Source: Press Release
May 1, 2014, 10:13 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 7:55 AM
- Sirius XM Holdings (SIRI) still has plenty of room to grow, according to Barrington Research.
- Though the company's service is already installed in 26% of the cars on the road, Barrington thinks the number of vehicles with Sirius' equipment could double in five years to 120M.
- Other encouraging signs for Sirius are the low self-pay churn rate (1.9%) and falling subscriber acquisition costs ($35).
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:30 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:08 AM
Mar. 26, 2014, 11:24 AM
Mar. 17, 2014, 10:19 AM
Mar. 14, 2014, 1:10 PM
Other News & PR