What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Apr. 27, 2015, 9:34 AM
- Goldman Sachs adjusts its rating on SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS +4.9%) to Buy from Neutral and boosts its price target to $26 from $18.
- Trends at the beat-up theme park are finally turning around, tips GS.
- The investment firm also increased its price target on Buy-rated Cedar Fair (FUN +0.1%) to $65 from $59.
- Six Flags (SIX -1.6%) is taken down to Neutral from Buy on a valuation call following the stock's +18% YTD run.
Apr. 22, 2015, 8:15 AM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) reports total guest spending per capita was flat during Q1 at $43.82 per visitor.
- Admissions per capita +3% to $25.84.
- In-park spending per capita -4% to $17.98.
- S&G expenses rose 11.4% to $32.28M.
- The company's active pass base rose 53% Y/Y.
- Q1 results for Six Flags are only a partial scan of the company's business activity with most parks closed during winter.
- Previously: Six Flags misses by $0.08, beats on revenue
Apr. 22, 2015, 8:06 AM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX): Q1 EPS of -$0.75 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $85.16M (+15.5% Y/Y) beats by $2.04M.
Apr. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
Mar. 12, 2015, 11:35 AM
- Cedar Fair (FUN +1.9%) and Six Flags (SIX +1.6%) are higher as Disney's annual meeting puts a spotlight back on theme park pricing.
- Analysts see some room for the operators to boost prices on their end or become less promotional with Disney taking an aggressive stance.
- Shares of SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS -0.1%) are sitting out the theme park rally.
Feb. 23, 2015, 1:24 PM
- Shares of Six Flags (SIX +1.9%), SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS +1.1%), and Cedar Fair (FUN +2%) rally after Disney announces a price hike at its parks.
- Industry analysts think the companies will slide in with their own rate increases.
- Previously: Disney raises park ticket prices; Magic Kingdom now $105/day
Feb. 19, 2015, 7:00 AM| Feb. 19, 2015, 7:00 AM
Feb. 18, 2015, 5:38 PM
Feb. 18, 2015, 5:30 PM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX): Q4 EPS of -$0.07 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.13.
- Revenue of $183.68M (+19.1% Y/Y) beats by $19.11M.
- Shares +3.65% AH.
Feb. 17, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACT, AMTG, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, AVG, AXLL, BGS, BJRI, CAR, CDE, CSLT, CVG, CW, CYNI, DENN, DTLK, ELNK, EOG, EQC, ETE, ETP, EXAM, FNF, HSTM, HT, IAG, IPI, KEG, KEYW, LHO, LOPE, MANT, MAR, MHLD, MIC, MRO, NVMI, OGS, OIS, PAAS, PCYC, PKD, REXX, RGP, SBRA, SCTY, SIX, SNPS, SSS, STR, SUN, SUNE, SXL, TERP, THRX, TILE, TRN, TS, UAM, WES, WGP, WMB, WPZ, XPO, YUME
Feb. 5, 2015, 9:05 AM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) declares $0.52/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 4.71%
- Payable March 9; for shareholders of record Feb. 17; ex-div Feb. 12.
Jan. 6, 2015, 4:16 PM
- GasBuddy.com projects gas prices will average $2.64 per gallon in 2015.
- Most economists see a boost in U.S. retail spending from the gas savings with the exception of regions highly dependent upon the energy industry.
- While some Q4 reports from restaurant chains and retailers may show a marginal lift in sales due to the drop in gas prices, insiders think quantifying the impact will be more art than science.
- The following sub-sectors have been tapped by analysts as potential under-the-radar beneficiaries of the gas price effect.
- C-stores:KR, CASY, PTRY, OTCPK:ANCUF, CST, MUSA.
- Theme parks: SIX, FUN, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
- Beverages: KO, PEP, COT, DPS, BUD, SAM, BREW, TAP, MNST.
Nov. 21, 2014, 9:39 AM
- Theme park operators see the need to dramatically increase the use of videogame experiences at their parks in order to entice teenagers away from their Xbox and PlayStation environments.
- The concept of "immersion" will be added to many rides with 3-D backdrops, animatronics, and more chances to blast zombies.
- Related stocks: SIX, FUN, SEAS, DIS, CMCSA, PLAY.
Oct. 22, 2014, 9:38 AM
- Shares of Six Flags (SIX +9.9%) ride higher as the company successfully increases revenue on flat year-over-year attendance trends.
- Expansion is also tapped as a new contributor to top-line growth. During the firm's earnings call, the progress on new parks in China and the Middle East was highlighted.
- Execs call the international business a "significant" long term growth opportunity for Six Flags.
- Earnings call transcript
Oct. 22, 2014, 9:19 AM| Oct. 22, 2014, 9:19 AM | 1 Comment
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:38 PM
Other News & PR