Six Flags Entertainment CorporationNYSE
Six Flags Continues To Execute, But The Moat Isn't Worth This Much
Six Flags Flying High, But The Price Of Admission Is Steep
Tue, Nov. 8, 4:37 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 7:21 AM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) reports nine-month results for the period ending on September 30.
- Revenue increased 3% to $1.1B.
- Adjusted EBITDA was up 3% to $431M.
- Total guest spending per capita imporved $0.15 to $42.58.
- "We experienced healthy growth in the back half of the quarter once weather normalized and had record pass sales over the Labor Day weekend when we kicked off our 2017 season pass sales campaign," notes CEO John Duffy.
- Previously: Six Flags Entertainment sets long-term financial target (Oct. 26)
- Previously: Six Flags misses by $0.56, misses on revenue (Oct. 26)
Wed, Oct. 26, 7:10 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 7:05 AM
- Six Flags Entertainment (NYSE:SIX) announces it set a long-term financial target of striking $750M of EBITDA by 2020.
- “We believe it is important for both investors and our employees to keep their eyes set on long-term stretch goals, while continuing to deliver strong results in the near-term,” says CEO John Duffey.r
- The announcement comes with Six Flags on the verge of achieving the targets of Project 600, the long-term incentive compensation program established by the company in October 2014.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:30 PM
- AB, AGCO, AIT, ALLY, AOS, AVX, AVY, BA, BCO, BEN, BIIB, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CG, CMCSA, DTE, ENTG, EVR, EXAS, FDML, FLIR, GD, GNRC, GRA, GRMN, GRUB, HBAN, HES, HLT, IR, KO, LEA, LH, LRN, LUV, MDCO, MDLZ, MKTX, MMYT, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PAG, PB, POL, RES, ROL, SAIA, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SONS, SPG, STRA, STT, UCBI, VG, VLY, VNTV, WEC, WM, WOOF, WYN
Mon, Oct. 24, 9:59 AM
- Theme park stocks are lively to start off the week.
- Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) is up 2.67% and SeaWorld Entertainment is 1.95% higher. Six Flags Entertainment (NYSE:SIX) is showing a more modest gain of 1.00%.
- It's not clear if an article in the Orlando Business Journal reporting that a "top" U.S. theme park operator is planning a major project in the Orlando area with the help of international investors is stoking the rally or some other factor is in play.
Thu, Sep. 15, 7:19 AM
- Six Flags Entertainment (NYSE:SIX) says it will only use cage-free eggs at its U.S. theme park operations no later than 2026.
- “We are proud to participate in this growing consumer preference and we support the movement toward using cage-free eggs,” says David McKillips, senior vice president of in-park services.
- Shares of Six Flags are up 7% over the last week as they fight to recover from a post-earnings swoon.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Aug. 30, 11:11 AM
Thu, Aug. 25, 4:35 PM
Thu, Aug. 25, 10:35 AM
- Janney Montgomery Scott backs a bullish view on Six Flags Entertainment (SIX +0.1%) by reiterating its Buy rating.
- The investment firm sets a fair value mark of $64 on the theme park stock.
- Earlier this week, Oppenheimer stood by its Outperform rating and $64 PT on SIX.
- Shares of Six Flags are down 20% from their 52-week high of $62.39 seen in April.
Wed, Jul. 27, 9:23 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 7:34 AM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) reports revenue rose 5% in Q2 led by 132% increase in international licensing revenue.
- Revenue break-up: Theme park admissions: $215.76M (+4.2%); Theme park food, merchandise and other: $168.34M (+4.3%); Sponsorship, licensing and other fees: $19.22M (+40.5%); Accommodations revenue: $3.75M (-5.6%).
- The company's Active Pass Base increased 11% Y/Y.
- Attendance grew 2% to 9M guests for the period
- Total guest spending per capita grew 2% to $42.54 per visitor.
- Adjusted EBITDA +4% to $155.29M.
- SIX -0.77% premarket.
Wed, Jul. 27, 7:12 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Wed, Jul. 20, 9:37 AM
- Six Flags Entertainment (SIX +0.6%) announces the signing of a letter agreement with Riverside Investment for the potential development of a second Six Flags-branded theme park in China together with a water park.
- The two parks will be located in Bishan, a district of Chongqing, with a surrounding population of approximately 120M people.
- “Developing two parks in Chongqing, the most populous municipality in China, is another step forward in executing our long-term strategy to expand our brand outside of North America and bring Six Flags thrills to millions of new guests,” said Six Flags CEO John Duffey.
- The letter agreement is subject to negotiation of definitive documents.
- The first Six Flags-branded theme park in China is anticipated to open in 2019 and will be located in Haiyan, Zhejiang province, near Shanghai.
- Source: Press Release
Mon, Jun. 20, 6:29 AM
- The world's largest amusement park corporation Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) is set to open up investments in Saudi Arabia.
- "Our parks can provide the entertainment to which Saudis aspire," CFO John Duffy said.
- His announcement follows a meeting between company CEO James Reid-Anderson and deputy crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, who is visiting the U.S. to promote a reform plan to wean the kingdom off of oil revenue.