What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:59 PM
- Six Flags Entertainment (NYSE:SIX) declares $0.52/share quarterly dividend, 10.6% increase from prior dividend of $0.47.
- Forward yield 5.78%
- Payable Dec. 8; for shareholders of record Nov. 25; ex-div Nov. 21.
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:39 PM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) reports theme park attendance was up slightly in Q3 at 11.8M guests.
- Total guest spending per capita +6.0% to $43.79.
- Theme park admissions revenue +8.4% to $305.82M.
- The company hiked its quarterly dividend payout rate to $0.52 per share.
- SIX +9.6% AH.
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:33 PM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX): Q3 EPS of $1.56 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $542M (+7.4% Y/Y) beats by $6.02M.
- Shares +8%.
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 1, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Theme park stocks slide lower than market averages after a single case of Ebola in Dallas creates a talking point.
- Plenty of traders think the dip is providing a good entry point for names in the group off what they consider undue anxiety.
- Decliners: Disney (NYSE:DIS) -1.1%, Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) -0.6%, Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) -0.8%, SeaWorld (NYSE:SEAS) -1.1%.
Oct. 1, 2014, 8:42 AM
- Shares of Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) are on watch after a case of Ebola is reported in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area where the company operates an amusement park and water park.
- Though the public's reaction to the case has been very calm, a minor traffic dip at some theme parks is anticipated by some industry watchers.
Aug. 20, 2014, 8:05 AM
- Six Flags Entertainment (NYSE:SIX) declares $0.47/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 4.96%
- Payable Sept. 15; for shareholders of record Sept. 3; ex-div Aug. 29.
Jul. 28, 2014, 9:19 AM| Jul. 28, 2014, 9:19 AM
Jul. 21, 2014, 3:49 PM
- Six Flags (SIX -3.9%) shares recover some of their earlier near-10% loss after CEO Jim Reid-Anderson reiterates in SIX's earnings conference call that the harsh winter weather meant a later start to summer for much of the U.S., stretching into the amusement park company’s Q2 results through elongated school calendars and shorter holiday breaks, cutting attendance and sales.
- SIX also raised admission prices this spring, which helped offset an 8% drop in attendance by enticing customers to spend more money, but the CEO insisted that it wasn't the higher prices that hurt results: “It’s primarily due to the school calendar and these weather issues, not pricing. I mean, there may be a little [pricing] element, but it’s small.”
- In support of its weather assertion, SIX notes that active pass membership grew 9%, providing recurring monthly revenue to smooth out seasonality as well as reassurance that demand for the product is strong.
Jul. 21, 2014, 8:58 AM
- Six Flags Entertainment (NYSE:SIX) +1.7% premarket after reporting Q2 earnings rose 39%, with admissions revenue increasing while attendance fell, suggesting fewer guests spent more money.
- SIX says attendance at its 18 theme parks in the U.S., Mexico and Canada fell 8% to 8.2M guests, primarily due to the lingering effects of the long, harsh winter that expanded school calendars and slowed early-season attendance.
- Q2 total guest spending per capita grew $4.21 (11%) to $43.73, with admissions revenue per capita increasing $2.56 (11%) to $25.15 and in-park revenue per capita adding $1.65 (10%) to $18.58.
- Theme park admissions revenue improved to $205.4M from $199.7M a year ago, while theme park food, merchandise and other revenue rose 1.4% to $151.8M.
Jul. 21, 2014, 8:22 AM
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX): Q2 EPS of $0.67 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $376.5M (+3.5% Y/Y) misses by $19.72M.
Jul. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jun. 23, 2014, 2:11 PM| Jun. 23, 2014, 2:11 PM
Jun. 23, 2014, 9:40 AM
- Six Flags (SIX +0.8%) plans to build theme parks in China with real-estate developer Riverside Investment Group.
- The company didn't disclose details on the pace of expansion in the region or the estimated cost.
Jun. 20, 2014, 12:37 PM
May 8, 2014, 9:59 AM
- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (SIX) declares $0.47/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 4.57%
- Payable June 9; for shareholders of record May 28; ex-div May 23.
Other News & PR