Show Summaries | Hide Summaries
Oct. 9, 2014, 4:13 PM
- Today's 2.6% decline in the Russell 2000 (NYSEARCA:IWM) stands against 2% drops in the S&P 500 and Nasdaq; the small-cap index is now off 8.1% YTD, and lagging the S&P 500 by 1,230 basis points.
- The Russell has now also moved into negative territory on a year-over-year basis.
- ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, URTY, TWM, IWN, IWO, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, UKK, VTWG, EWRS, TWOK, VTWV, SKK, UVT, SJH
Jun. 27, 2014, 2:45 AM
- Russell Investments is planning its annual index realignment today, affecting more than $5T in assets. Credit Suisse estimates $42B will trade as a result of the adjustment, resulting in one of the biggest trading days of the year in terms of dollar volume.
- Asset managers and investors will have to realign their portfolios to match up with the new shifts in indices such as the Russell 2000 and the Russell 3000.
- Due to the expected surge in volume, exchanges are now busy preparing for possible technical issues occurring over the course of the day.
- Yesterday, the London Stock Exchange said it will acquire Frank Russell for $2.7B.
- Russell ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, SPXS, IWF, SKF, URTY, IWD, TWM, IWO, IWN, RWM, SRTY, IWV, IWB, VTWO, VONE, IWW, IWZ, VTWG, UKK, ROLA, RTLA, FBG, THRK, UKF, SKK, EWRS, ONEK, TWOK, VTHR, VONG, VTWV, SMLV, UVT, VONV, UVG, EWRI, SJH, UWC, LGLV, TWQ, SJF, FIBG
Mar. 4, 2014, 11:54 AM
- The Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq are all ahead about 1.25%, but the small caps are really breaking out, with the Russell 2000 up 2.8%, at an all-time high, and now ahead 4% on the year vs. a 1.4% gain for the S&P 500.
- The index's gain over the last month sums to nearly 11%. Last week, Ryan Detrick noted the Russell was up 14 of the previous 15 sessions for the first time in its history.
- ETFs: IWM, IJS, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, SCHA, TWM, IWO, IWN, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, VTWO, SLYG, RZV, SLYV, VIOO, SDD, JKJ, RZG, SBB, RSCO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, SKK, VIOV, FYT, FNDA, JKK, PXSV, EWRS, UVT, VTWV, TWOK, SMLV, SJH, FYC, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
Feb. 3, 2014, 1:24 PM
- The Russell 2000's (IWM -3.3%) decline is nearly twice that of the S&P 500 and has the small-cap index now underperforming the big-cap gauge YTD (down 5.7% vs. 5.2%). It was little more than a week ago, the Russell 2000 was outperforming by about 300 basis points, and there have been numerous warnings (I, II) in recent weeks about an overvaluation in small-cap stocks that just couldn't last.
- Small-cap ETFs: IJS, IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, TWM, SCHA, IWN, IWO, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, SLYG, VTWO, RZV, SLYV, SDD, JKJ, RSCO, SBB, RZG, VIOO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, FYT, VIOV, JKK, FNDA, EWRS, SKK, PXSV, UVT, TWOK, VTWV, SMLV, SJH, FYC, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
Jan. 27, 2014, 12:31 PM
- Once again, it's the Russell 2000 (IWM -1.9%) leading the way as the averages tumble. Green for the year just a few sessions ago, the small cap index is now off 3.6%, though it still hasn't caught up with the Dow's (DIA -0.5%) 4.7% YTD drop.
- Earlier: Small cap biotechs torched.
- Small cap ETFs: IJS, IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, TWM, SCHA, IWN, IWO, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, VTWO, SLYG, RZV, SLYV, SDD, JKJ, SBB, RSCO, RZG, VIOO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, VIOV, FYT, FNDA, JKK, EWRS, SKK, PXSV, UVT, TWOK, VTWV, SMLV, FYC, SJH, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
- Apple's higher ahead of earnings this evening, but the broader tech sector (QQQ -1.5%) is also taking a big hit. Excepting Apple, all of the top holdings of the Nasdaq 100 - Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Qualcomm, Gilead, Intel, Cisco, Comcast, and Facebook - are lower.
- Broad tech ETFs: XLK, VGT, TECL, IYW, ROM, TDIV, TECS, IGM, RYT, QTEC, PSCT, FTEC, FXL, REW, MTK, PTF
ProShares UltraShort Russell2000 Value seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the Russell 2000® Value Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: US Growth and Value ETFs, Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Growth vs. Value ETFs
Other News & PR