Tue, Sep. 20, 2:00 PM
Tue, Sep. 20, 9:36 AM
Mon, Aug. 29, 8:17 AM
Tue, Jul. 19, 3:05 PM
Mon, Jun. 20, 10:22 AM
Fri, May 20, 9:04 AM
Tue, Apr. 19, 9:38 AM
Mon, Mar. 21, 9:37 AM
- San Juan Basin Royalty Trust (NYSE:SJT) declares $0.004332/share monthly dividend, -75.6% decrease from prior dividend of $0.01761.
- Forward yield 1.0%
- Payable April 14; for shareholders of record March 31; ex-div March 29.
Mon, Feb. 22, 6:08 AM
- San Juan Basin Royalty Trust (NYSE:SJT) declares $0.01761/share monthly dividend, 7.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.016393.
- Forward yield 4.44%
- Payable March 14; for shareholders of record Feb. 29; ex-div Feb. 25.
Oct. 20, 2015, 10:47 AM
- San Juan Basin Royalty Trust (NYSE:SJT) declares $0.037119/share monthly dividend, -29.6% decrease from prior dividend of $0.052846.
- Forward yield 5.1%
- Payable Nov. 16; for shareholders of record Oct. 30; ex-div Oct. 28.
Sep. 18, 2015, 11:23 AM
- San Juan Basin Royalty Trust (NYSE:SJT) declares $0.052846/share monthly distribution.
- Forward yield 6.55%
- Payable Oct. 15; for shareholders of record Sept. 30; ex-div Sept. 28.
Apr. 20, 2015, 9:05 PM
- Two oil-related dividend cuts provoked sharply different responses in today's trade: San Juan Basin Royalty Trust (NYSE:SJT) slumped 9% after announcing it would have no cash distribution for April, but Legacy Reserves (NASDAQ:LGCY) jumped 9% after finally caving in to pressure to cut its dividend.
- At SJT, a distribution normally would be made in April based principally upon production during February, but the Trust said no cash distributions would be distributed until future net proceeds are sufficient to pay then-current Trust liabilities and replenish cash reserves.
- In contrast, LGCY cut its Q1 dividend to $0.35 from $0.61 in Q4 but it also reaffirmed its $30M capital spending budget for the year and said it is realizing better than expected reductions in operating and capital costs - plus, a bit of straight talk from the CEO may have helped reassure investors.
Sep. 19, 2014, 9:47 AM
- Based principally on July production, the $0.114097 distribution - payable on Oct. 15 to holders of record on Sept. 30 - makes for an annualized yield of 7.2%, based on SJT's current price of $19.09.
- Gas production in July was 2.584 Mcf with an average price of $4.51 vs. $4.48 for June.
Jun. 20, 2014, 9:51 AM
- The monthly cash payout of $6.43M or $0.137905 per unit is payable on July 15 to owners of record on June 30. The previous distribution was marginally higher, helped by interest due on granted and paid audit exceptions.
- Gas production in April (upon which this month's distribution is based), was 2.633 Mcf vs. 2.696 Mcf in March, The average price of $5.07 per Mcf slipped from $5.20 in March.
- SJT +0.25%
Aug. 29, 2012, 10:24 AM
When the grasping for yield goes bad: BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT -5.9%) adds to recent losses, now off 27% in 2 weeks. The entire royalty trust sector has been shaken of late thanks to payout cuts at several (HGT, SJT, DOM), and the idea prices for these popular income plays have gotten far ahead of what they could ever pay out.| Aug. 29, 2012, 10:24 AM | 24 Comments
Aug. 25, 2012, 8:00 AM
Royalty trusts are great (and popular) - up until a dividend cut can seriously ding their unit prices. Oil and gas wells and mines get more depleted, and thus yields are doomed to decline. Great investments at times, the trusts are far from bargains today, with many investors apparently willing to buy on current yield alone.| Aug. 25, 2012, 8:00 AM | 7 Comments