News • Wed, Oct. 29
There are no Focus articles on SKDTF.
There are no Transcripts on SKDTF.
Wed, Oct. 29, 2:20 PM| Comment!
Fri, Oct. 24, 11:30 AM
- The number of global pay-TV subscribers will rise 19.6% to 1.1B in five years, according to a forecast from ABI Research.
- The research firm thinks global pay-TV revenue could top $323B by the end of the period.
- Related stocks: DISH, DTV, LBTYA, CHA, T, TWC, OTCPK:BSYBF, OTC:SKDTF, OTCPK:KBDHY, OTCQX:DTEGY, AMX,
Wed, Sep. 17, 6:08 AM
- Sky Deutschland's (OTC:SKDTF) supervisory and executive boards have advised shareholders against a takeover offer by British Sky Broadcasting (OTCPK:BSYBF), saying the offer "doesn't reflect the long-term potential nor the internal value of Sky Deutschland."
- Previously, BSkyB agreed to acquire 21st Century Fox's (NASDAQ:FOX) Sky Italia and 57% stake of Sky Deutschland for £4.9B ($8.3B) in cash, to create a European pay-TV giant with approximately 20M subscribers.
Fri, Jul. 25, 3:13 AM
- British Sky Broadcasting (OTCPK:BSYBF) has agreed to a £4.9B ($8.3B) deal to acquire 21st Century Fox's (NASDAQ:FOX) Sky Italia and 57% stake of Sky Deutschland (OTC:SKDTF), creating a European pay-TV giant with approximately 20M subscribers.
- The deal would be financed through cash, debt and by a placing of shares that represents around 10% of the firm's issued share capital.
Mon, Jul. 21, 9:59 AM
- 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA) may reach a deal to sell its wholly-owned Sky Italia unit and its 57% stake in Sky Deutschland (OTC:SKDTF) to British Sky Broadcasting (OTCPK:BSYBF) in the next two weeks, using the proceeds to support its offer for Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Bloomberg reports.
- The proceeds could give FOXA additional cash - perhaps €10B ($13.5B) - for a TWX bid without having to borrow more; FOXA owns a 39% stake in BSkyB.
Sun, Jul. 20, 11:20 AM
- British Sky Broadcasting (OTCPK:BSYBF) may announce a deal within the next two weeks entailing the purchase of 21st Century Fox's (NASDAQ:FOX) Sky Deutschland (OTC:SKDTF) and 57% stake of Sky Italia, Reuters reports quoting the Sunday Times.
- The deal would form a European pay-TV giant with 20M subscribers, at a predicted acquisition price of around €7-10B ($9.5-13.5B).
- Facing difficulties from minority shareholders of Sky Deutschland, the purchase has been challenged with frequent delays in recent months.
Mon, May. 12, 3:24 AM
- British Sky Broadcasting (BSYBF) is in preliminary talks to acquire 21st Century Fox's (FOX) stakes in Sky Deutschland (SKDTF) and Sky Italia in a deal that would create a pan-European satellite-TV giant.
- Confirming weekend reports that discussions have taken place, BSkyB said it could purchase Fox's 57% stake in Sky Deutschland and then launch a mandatory takeover offer for the rest of the company, although not at a premium. Fox's holding in Sky Deutschland has a market value of over €3B, while its 100% stake in Sky Italia is worth €5B.
- Bloomberg reported that BSkyB, which is 39% owned by Fox, could pay €10B ($14B) for the two stakes.
- BSkyB's shares are -2.4% in London, while those of Sky Deutschland are +6.5% in Frankfurt. (PR)
Sun, May. 11, 4:05 AM
- British Sky Broadcasting (BSYBF) is reportedly in talks to acquire 21st Century Fox's (FOX) stakes in Sky Deutschland and Sky Italia for €10B ($14B).
- Fox's holding in Sky Deutschland (SKDTF) is 55% and has a market value of €3B, and in Sky Italia its stake is 100% and is valued at €5B, so BSkyB would be offering a premium. Fox also owns 39% of the U.K. company.
- A deal would combine BSkyB's 15M customers with the German firm's 3.73M subscribers and the Italian operator's 4.75M.
SKDTF vs. ETF Alternatives
Sky Deutschland AG is the leading pay-TV company in Germany and Austria . The MDAX-listed company offers subscription TV as well as on-demand services for private and business customers. The Sky platform comprises more than 70 exclusive TV channels, almost all of which are also available in HD.... More
Other News & PR