What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ALB, ALGT, AWH, BCR, BDN, CA, CAKE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CTXS, CVA, EEFT, EFX, EGHT, FTK, FTNT, GGG, IBKC, INFN, LEG, LHO, LOGI, LRCX, MKSI, MKTO, MLNX, MSA, NOW, NXPI, ORLY, OTEX, PLCM, PLXS, RE, RJF, SCSS, SFG, SGMO, SHLM, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TILE, TMK, TSCO, TYL, USTR, VAR, WFT, YELP
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:19 PM
- SLM (NASDAQ:SLM): Q2 EPS of $0.10 misses by $0.08.
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AF, AHL, AIZ, ALGT, ALSN, ANGI, ANGO, AVB, AWH, BDN, CA, CAKE, CCI, CHE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CMRE, CRUS, CSGP, CTXS, EFX, EGHT, ETFC, ETH, FB, FFIV, FLS, FR, FTNT, GGG, GILD, HBI, HWAY, IBKC, ILMN, INFN, KALU, LHO, MAC, MKSI, MSA, NSR, NVEC, NXPI, OHI, OII, ORLY, PLCM, QCOM, QTM, RE, RJF, SFG, SGMO, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TEX, TILE, TMK, TQNT, TRIP, TSCO, TYL, UMPQ, USTR, VAR, WFT
May 1, 2014, 12:48 PM
May 1, 2014, 9:13 AM
May 1, 2014, 7:32 AM
- Sallie Mae (SLM) is trading at $20.55 in the premarket vs. last night's $25.75 close amid the spinoff of its legacy private and student loans business, Navient (NAVI). Sallie Mae owners receive today one share of Navient for each share of SLM in their portfolio.
- Compass Point is first out with coverage, starting Navient with a Buy.
Apr. 24, 2014, 6:25 PM
- Under Armour (UA) and Navient (NAVIV) are added to the S&P 500 index, effective April 30.
- Out of the index are SLM Corp. (SLM), which is splitting into two companies - Navient, and a consumer banking operation that will continue under the Sallie Mae brand - and Beam (BEAM), which was acquired by Suntory Holdings.
- SLM moves for now to the S&P MidCap 400, ousting Alpha Natural Resources (ANR).
Apr. 16, 2014, 5:34 PM
- SLM Corporation (SLM): Q1 EPS of $0.51 misses by $0.04.
Apr. 16, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 15, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 10, 2014, 9:19 AM
- The board of Sallie Mae (SLM) gives the green light to the spinoff of Navient (NAVI) - its legacy private and student loans business - from its consumer banking operations. The spinoff will take the form of a dividend of Navient common stock to on April 30 to shareholders of record on April 22.
- Owners will receive one share of NAVI for every share of SLM they own.
Feb. 4, 2014, 4:38 PM
- Sallie Mae (SLM) declares $0.15/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.74%
- Payable March 21; for shareholders of record March 7; ex-div March 5.
Jan. 22, 2014, 8:39 AM
- SLM Corp (SLM) plans to spin off its legacy private loans and run-off government-guaranteed student loans in H1, leaving its high growth (20% asset growth) and high ROE (15-20%) bank as the successor entity, says analyst Eric Beardsley, starting the stock with a Buy and $28 price target.
- "We expect the spin-off to help unlock the value of Sallie Mae Bank and reduce regulatory risk, enabling significant capital returns from the spin-off entity (NewCo) over the next several years."
Jan. 17, 2014, 3:39 PM
- Sallie Mae (SLM -9.4%) has fallen and can't get up after last night's sizable earnings miss. The company had core earnings of $275M vs. expectations of about $330M after reserving $70M for "expected compliance remediation efforts related to pending regulatory inquiries."
- "As you are aware, regulators are taking much more aggressive positions and actions on a wide variety of consumer protection issues, and student lending is no exception," says Joseph DePaulo on the earnings call. "If we make a mistake, we not only work hard to fix it, but we also work to prevent it from happening again."
- CC transcript
- The company today appoints Raymond Quinlan as Vice Chairman. He arrives from CIT Group where he was EVP, banking since 2010.
Jan. 17, 2014, 12:48 PM
Jan. 16, 2014, 5:35 PM
Other News & PR