A Whole New Sallie Mae
Upcoming Sallie Mae Spin-Off Holds Promise For Investors
Jan. 21, 2015, 4:18 PM
- SLM (NASDAQ:SLM): Q4 EPS of $0.03 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $162.99M (-19.2% Y/Y) beats by $11.19M.
Jan. 20, 2015, 5:35 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:37 PM
- Core EPS of $0.17 vs. EPS of $0.11 in 3Q13, EPX excl. $7M in pre-tax gains from derivative accounting
- Net Interest Income up 23% y/y to $144M due to $1.6B increase in average private education loans outstanding.
- NIM of 5.25% vs. 5.14% in 3Q13
- Private Education Loan Portfolio Grows 26% y/y to $7.8B
- Tier I risk based capital 16.5%
- Guidance for FY14: EPS in the range of $0.42-$0.43, Private Education loan origination of $4B, Opex of $312M, incl. $32M of reorganization expenses.
- Conference call at tomorrow at 8 ET.
- SLM No trades AH
- Previously: SLM EPS in-line, beats on revenue
Oct. 22, 2014, 4:37 PM
- SLM (NASDAQ:SLM): Q3 EPS of $0.17 in-line.
- Revenue of $240.03M (+41.3% Y/Y) beats by $93.03M.
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ALB, ALGT, AWH, BCR, BDN, CA, CAKE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CTXS, CVA, EEFT, EFX, EGHT, FTK, FTNT, GGG, IBKC, INFN, LEG, LHO, LOGI, LRCX, MKSI, MKTO, MLNX, MSA, NOW, NXPI, ORLY, OTEX, PLCM, PLXS, RE, RJF, SCSS, SFG, SGMO, SHLM, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TILE, TMK, TSCO, TYL, USTR, VAR, WFT, YELP
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:19 PM
- SLM (NASDAQ:SLM): Q2 EPS of $0.10 misses by $0.08.
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AF, AHL, AIZ, ALGT, ALSN, ANGI, ANGO, AVB, AWH, BDN, CA, CAKE, CCI, CHE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CMRE, CRUS, CSGP, CTXS, EFX, EGHT, ETFC, ETH, FB, FFIV, FLS, FR, FTNT, GGG, GILD, HBI, HWAY, IBKC, ILMN, INFN, KALU, LHO, MAC, MKSI, MSA, NSR, NVEC, NXPI, OHI, OII, ORLY, PLCM, QCOM, QTM, RE, RJF, SFG, SGMO, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TEX, TILE, TMK, TQNT, TRIP, TSCO, TYL, UMPQ, USTR, VAR, WFT
May 1, 2014, 12:48 PM
May 1, 2014, 9:13 AM
May 1, 2014, 7:32 AM
- Sallie Mae (SLM) is trading at $20.55 in the premarket vs. last night's $25.75 close amid the spinoff of its legacy private and student loans business, Navient (NAVI). Sallie Mae owners receive today one share of Navient for each share of SLM in their portfolio.
- Compass Point is first out with coverage, starting Navient with a Buy.
Apr. 24, 2014, 6:25 PM
- Under Armour (UA) and Navient (NAVIV) are added to the S&P 500 index, effective April 30.
- Out of the index are SLM Corp. (SLM), which is splitting into two companies - Navient, and a consumer banking operation that will continue under the Sallie Mae brand - and Beam (BEAM), which was acquired by Suntory Holdings.
- SLM moves for now to the S&P MidCap 400, ousting Alpha Natural Resources (ANR).
Apr. 16, 2014, 5:34 PM
- SLM Corporation (SLM): Q1 EPS of $0.51 misses by $0.04.
Apr. 16, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 15, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 10, 2014, 9:19 AM
- The board of Sallie Mae (SLM) gives the green light to the spinoff of Navient (NAVI) - its legacy private and student loans business - from its consumer banking operations. The spinoff will take the form of a dividend of Navient common stock to on April 30 to shareholders of record on April 22.
- Owners will receive one share of NAVI for every share of SLM they own.
Feb. 4, 2014, 4:38 PM
- Sallie Mae (SLM) declares $0.15/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.74%
- Payable March 21; for shareholders of record March 7; ex-div March 5.
SLM Corp. engages in the origination, servicing and administration of education loans. It operates through four business segments: Consumer Lending, Business Services, FFELP Loans and Other. The Consumer Lending segment originates, acquires, finances and services private education loans. These... More
Industry: Credit Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR