Mar. 20, 2015, 4:12 PM
Mar. 6, 2015, 2:42 PM
- Precious metals miners are bludgeoned as April Comex gold tumbles 2.7% to $1,164.30/oz. for its lowest settlement of the year so far.
- The culprit was the upbeat February jobs report, which sparked fears that the improving economy will prompt the Fed to hike interest rates sooner rather than later.
- ABX -6%, GG -6.6%, NEM -7.9%, AU -6.1%, AUY -6.6%, KGC -7.8%, SLW -3.4%, GOLD -5.4%, EGO -5%, GFI -7.9%, HL -10.4%, RGLD -8.6%, FNV -3.2%, NG -4.3%, SBGL -6.4%, PAAS -4.3%,BTG -6.5%, IAG -6.2%, AUQ -5.6%, AGI -2.8%.
- Precious metals ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, GLTR, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, DBP, WITE, TBAR, USV, UBG, JJP, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, RGRP, BLNG
- Precious metals mining ETFs: GDX, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SLVP, RING, SGDM, PSAU, GDXX
Mar. 6, 2015, 9:15 AM
- Gold is lower by 1.4% to its weakest level of the year at $1,179 per ounce, and silver by 1.8% to $15.86 as another strong jobs number - 295K added and the UE rate down to 5.5% - points to tighter monetary policy sooner rather than later, and has sent the dollar soaring and Treasury yields to their highest levels of 2015.
- GLD -1.4%, SLV -2.1% premarket
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS
- Previously: Dollar and Treasury yields spike after strong jobs print (March 6)
- Previously: Another beat for payrolls, UE rate down to 5.5% (March 6)
Feb. 20, 2015, 4:16 PM
Jan. 29, 2015, 12:41 PM
- Unable to sustain a move over $1,300 per ounce after last week's QE launch by the ECB, gold is selling off hard today, -2.5% to $1,253.
- The longs sound stretched, with State Street's Dave Mazza noting gold ETPs had their best inflows in a year last week, futures volume was 52% higher than the average volume over the previous 100 days, and net-long positions in futures contracts increased 27% over the previous week.
- "Gross longs are now at their highest since November 2012," says Mazza.
- Gold remains higher by just over 4% YTD.
- Silver is down 7% on the session to $16.80, platinum by 3.5% and palladium by 3.2%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, PALL, PPLT, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, GLTR, PTM, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, DBP, WITE, PGM, TBAR, USV, UBG, JJP, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, RGRP, GGBP, BLNG
Jan. 23, 2015, 4:17 PM
Jan. 16, 2015, 4:17 PM
Jan. 9, 2015, 4:18 PM
Dec. 26, 2014, 3:34 PM
- Spurred by hopes China's efforts to relax lending rules are a sign that broader (inflation-boosting) stimulus efforts are on tap, gold and silver prices are rallying, and taking the shares of miners up with them. COMEX gold is up 1.8% to $1,194.50/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.5% to $16.11/oz. GLD +1.7%. SLV +2.2%.
- Gold stocks: AUY +3%. GG +4.6%. AGI +4.1%. ABX +3.4%. KGC +3.7%. GFI +3.7%.
- Silver stocks: SLW +2.3%. SSRI +6.9%. PAAS +1.9%. AG +3.6%. CDE +4.1%. HL +4.2%. SVM +6.8%. EXK +5.4%. TAHO +5.3%.
- Like many other commodities names, the group was hit hard a month ago when crude prices plunged in response to OPEC's decision to leave oil production unchanged.
- ETFs: AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Dec. 19, 2014, 4:15 PM
Dec. 12, 2014, 4:19 PM
Dec. 5, 2014, 4:18 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 10:41 AM
- Oil, gold, and silver reverse panicky overnight action which saw crude drop below $64 per barrel and gold below $1,150 per ounce.
- WTI crude (NYSEARCA:USO) is now up 1.8% at $67.34 and gold (NYSEARCA:GLD) is higher by 1.9% to $1,198. As low at $14.16 per ounce earlier, silver (NYSEARCA:SLV) is ahead 4.6% to $16.27.
- ETFs: USO, AGQ, OIL, USLV, UCO, ZSL, SCO, UGL, DGP, GLL, BNO, UGLD, DTO, DZZ, DBO, DSLV, CRUD, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, UWTI, USL, DWTI, DBE, DNO, RJN, USV, UBG, SZO, BAR, OLO, BARS, JJE, ONG, RGRE, OLEM, UBN
Nov. 30, 2014, 8:02 PM
- WTI crude oil plumbs new multi-year lows in early overseas action, off another 2.2% to $64.60 per barrel.
- Gold prints its lowest in more than four years, down 1.2% to $1,149 per ounce, and silver tumbles 3.5% to $14.90. It's not much of a surprise, but Swiss voters today overwhelmingly rejected a proposal which would have forced the central bank to hold more gold.
- S&P 500 (NYSEARCA:SPY) futures are down 0.3%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP, USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, BNO, UGA, DTO, DBO, CRUD, UWTI, USL, DWTI, UHN, DNO, SZO, OLO, OLEM, TWTI
Nov. 28, 2014, 9:51 AM
- The looming Swiss vote (Sunday) on a referendum to force the SNB to hold more gold as well as bring back metal held for it by central banks overseas makes could be the reason, but most have never expected this to pass.
- More likely at work is the general fall in commodity prices led by the collapse in oil (now off 5.8% to $69.39) following OPEC's decision yesterday not to cut output.
- Gold (NYSEARCA:GLD) is lower by 1.6% to $1,178 per ounce. Silver (NYSEARCA:SLV) is down 4.7% to $15.82.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Nov. 14, 2014, 4:38 PM
The objective of the iShares Silver Trust is for the value of the shares of the iShares Silver Trust to reflect, at any given time, the price of silver owned by the iShares Silver Trust at that time, less the iShares Silver Trust's expenses and liabilities.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR