What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Yesterday, 3:27 PM
- Gold stocks (GDX +7.8%) power higher as April gold futures jumped by $53.20/oz., or +4.5%, to settle at $1,247.80, the highest level since February 2015 and the biggest one-day dollar and percentage gain since September 2013, as investors sought safe-haven assets amid the global equity market rout.
- A growing universe of government bonds with negative yields has helped gold, while a lower U.S. dollar has made it cheaper for buyers in other currencies to purchase gold.
- Investor sentiment “seems to be thawing at the start of 2016, with a focus on gold’s wealth preservation and risk diversification properties,” the World Gold Council says.
- ABX +4.8%, GG +4.4%, AEM +8.7%, SLW +6.3%, KGC +14.2%, NG +6.2%, AU +7.4%, FNV +6.8%, GFI +10.8%, HMY +15.1%, SBGL +16%, IAG +12.3%, GOLD +4%, EGO +14%, AUY +9%, BTG +15.2%, HL +8.8%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, GGN, PSLV, DUST, SIL, PHYS, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, GLDX, DGP, GTU, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, SGDM, DSLV, ASA, OUNZ, SLVP, DGL, DBS, RING, DGZ, DGLD, PSAU, TGLDX, USV, GEUR, GYEN, UBG, GDXS, GDXX, QGLDX
Fri, Feb. 5, 4:44 PM
Dec. 28, 2015, 12:57 PM
- Much like oil/gas firms (hurt by fresh oil price declines), coal, gold, and silver miners are having a rough day. End-of-year tax and fund selling could be playing a role. Comex gold is down a moderate 0.6%, and Comex silver down 3.2%. The S&P is down 0.5%.
- Notable coal decliners: Peabody Energy (BTU -13.6%), Westmoreland Coal (WLB -6.4%), CONSOL Energy (CNX -9%), and Cloud Peak Energy (CLD -4%).
- Notable gold decliners: Goldcorp (GG -3.5%), Barrick Gold (ABX -3.1%), Newmont Mining (NEM -4%), Kinross Gold (KGC -3.8%), Gold Fields (GFI -6.7%), AngloGold Ashanti (AU -5%), Harmony Gold (HMY -6.5%), and Sibanye Gold (SBGL -4.2%).
- Notable silver decliners: Silver Wheaton (SLW -3.8%), Pan American Silver (PAAS -3.6%), First Majestic Silver (AG -6.9%), Tahoe Resources (TAHO -4.9%), and Coeur Mining (CDE -5.8%).
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, IAU, AGQ, PSLV, PHYS, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GTU, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, USV, GEUR, UBG, GYEN, TONS, QGLDX
Dec. 17, 2015, 2:48 PM
- With today's 2.4% decline, gold has given up about $25 per ounce since the Fed boosted interest rates by 25 basis points yesterday.
- At $1,051 per ounce, the metal is cents above the multi-year lows it hit earlier this month. Slumping alongside is silver (NYSEARCA:SLV), down 3.7% to $13.73
- The GLD hit a new 52-week low of $100.24 today, and is currently down 2.1% to $100.63.
- ETFs: GLD, IAU, PHYS, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GTU, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, GLDI, OUNZ, DGL, DGZ, DGLD, GEUR, UBG, GYEN, QGLDX
Dec. 4, 2015, 4:19 PM
Nov. 11, 2015, 2:54 PM
- Alongside gold's flirtation with a five-year low, silver has gone into the tank as well. Today's 0.7% decline in the SLV puts that ETF on track for its 10th-consecutive day in the red - the ETFs longest such stretch since its 2006 launch.
- For the steak as a whole, SLV is down about 10%, roughly the same amount as the metal, which now trades hands at $14.29 per ounce. Silver's low for the year (and 5-year low) is $13.35, set in August.
- ETFs: SLV, AGQ, PSLV, USLV, SIVR, ZSL, SLVO, DSLV, DBS, USV
Nov. 6, 2015, 4:54 PM
Sep. 18, 2015, 4:15 PM
Aug. 28, 2015, 4:09 PM
Aug. 24, 2015, 8:28 AM
- Gold trades flat at $1,159.60 per ounce with investors largely bypassing the commodity as global markets sell off.
- Spot prices are marginally higher in early action.
- Over the weekend, Barron's published a bullish article on the precious metal penned by RBC Capital Markets. The investment firm thinks seasonal buying will provide a significant lift and sees stronger demand from the Peoples Bank of China and India.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, IAU, AGQ, PSLV, PHYS, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GTU, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, USV, GEUR, UBG, GYEN, QGLDX
May 15, 2015, 5:57 PM
Mar. 20, 2015, 4:12 PM
Mar. 6, 2015, 2:42 PM
- Precious metals miners are bludgeoned as April Comex gold tumbles 2.7% to $1,164.30/oz. for its lowest settlement of the year so far.
- The culprit was the upbeat February jobs report, which sparked fears that the improving economy will prompt the Fed to hike interest rates sooner rather than later.
- ABX -6%, GG -6.6%, NEM -7.9%, AU -6.1%, AUY -6.6%, KGC -7.8%, SLW -3.4%, GOLD -5.4%, EGO -5%, GFI -7.9%, HL -10.4%, RGLD -8.6%, FNV -3.2%, NG -4.3%, SBGL -6.4%, PAAS -4.3%,BTG -6.5%, IAG -6.2%, AUQ -5.6%, AGI -2.8%.
- Precious metals ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, GLTR, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, DBP, WITE, TBAR, USV, UBG, JJP, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, RGRP, BLNG
- Precious metals mining ETFs: GDX, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SLVP, RING, SGDM, PSAU, GDXX
Mar. 6, 2015, 9:15 AM
- Gold is lower by 1.4% to its weakest level of the year at $1,179 per ounce, and silver by 1.8% to $15.86 as another strong jobs number - 295K added and the UE rate down to 5.5% - points to tighter monetary policy sooner rather than later, and has sent the dollar soaring and Treasury yields to their highest levels of 2015.
- GLD -1.4%, SLV -2.1% premarket
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS
- Previously: Dollar and Treasury yields spike after strong jobs print (March 6)
- Previously: Another beat for payrolls, UE rate down to 5.5% (March 6)
Feb. 20, 2015, 4:16 PM
Jan. 29, 2015, 12:41 PM
- Unable to sustain a move over $1,300 per ounce after last week's QE launch by the ECB, gold is selling off hard today, -2.5% to $1,253.
- The longs sound stretched, with State Street's Dave Mazza noting gold ETPs had their best inflows in a year last week, futures volume was 52% higher than the average volume over the previous 100 days, and net-long positions in futures contracts increased 27% over the previous week.
- "Gross longs are now at their highest since November 2012," says Mazza.
- Gold remains higher by just over 4% YTD.
- Silver is down 7% on the session to $16.80, platinum by 3.5% and palladium by 3.2%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, PALL, PPLT, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, GLTR, PTM, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, DBP, WITE, PGM, TBAR, USV, UBG, JJP, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, RGRP, GGBP, BLNG
The objective of the iShares Silver Trust is for the value of the shares of the iShares Silver Trust to reflect, at any given time, the price of silver owned by the iShares Silver Trust at that time, less the iShares Silver Trust's expenses and liabilities.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR