Jan. 12, 2015, 11:30 AM
- Hutchison (NASDAQ:HTCH) is supplying an optical image stabilization (OIS) actuator for the camera module found within Taiwanese OEM InFocus' M530 Android phone. The phone is being sold in both China and international markets. (h/t Plan Maestro)
- Hutchison, which receives the lion's share of its revenue from hard drive assemblies, mentioned during its Nov. 5 FQ4 CC (transcript) it had begun ramping OIS actuator production, and is "delivering OIS actuators for a smartphone that will be introduced in China by the end of ."
- The company asserts its shape memory alloy (NYSE:SMA) actuator tech "offers performance and size advantages compared with current OIS solutions."
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:51 AM
- Symmetry Medical (NYSE:SMA): Q3 EPS of $0.13 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $95.93M (+0.3% Y/Y) misses by $1.52M.
Oct. 20, 2014, 6:14 PM
- Symmetry Medical (SMA -0.3%) will report Q3 results on October 30 before the open. The conference call will begin at 8:00 am ET.
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.15 on revenues of $97M.
Aug. 4, 2014, 6:22 PM
- Symmetry Medical (SMA +8.9%) enters into a reverse merger with TecoStar Holdings. All outstanding SMA shares, except treasury shares and certain others, will be canceled and the holders will have the right to receive $7.50 in cash per share and the right to receive 0.25 of a share of Spinco common stock.
- Racecar Spinco ("Spinco") gains ownership of Symmetry's Surgical Business pursuant to a separation agreement.
Aug. 4, 2014, 10:08 AM
Aug. 4, 2014, 7:41 AM
- Symmetry Medical (NYSE:SMA): Q2 EPS of $0.17 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $101.3M (+2.3% Y/Y) beats by $2.13M.
May 1, 2014, 7:24 AM
- Symmetry Medical Inc. (SMA): Q1 EPS of $0.09 in-line.
- Revenue of $101.3M (+2.5% Y/Y) beats by $1.84M.
Feb. 20, 2014, 7:09 AM
- Symmetry Medical Inc. (SMA): Q4 EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $101.2M (-5.1% Y/Y) misses by $0.3M.
Dec. 27, 2013, 11:15 AM
- A PT hike to $11 from $10 at Wunderlich Securities may be helping Symmetry Medical shares (SMA +2.8%) higher.
- Analyst James Terwilliger, which has a Buy rating on the name, believes 2014 revenue growth will be driven by a 6% boost in the Implant and Cases product lines.
- On the balance sheet side, Terwilliger postulates that "management will remain focused on reducing debt levels."
| Dec. 27, 2013, 11:15 AM
Oct. 31, 2013, 7:21 AM
- Symmetry Medical (SMA): Q3 EPS of $0.08 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $98.0M (+3% Y/Y) misses by $1.05M. (PR)
Aug. 1, 2013, 5:11 PM
- Symmetry Medical (SMA): FQ1 EPS of $0.09 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $101.9M beats by $2.89M. (PR)
Jun. 11, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jun. 11, 2013, 11:44 AM
Symmetry Medical (SMA -15.6%) falls after updating its FY13 outlook. "Based on actual results for May, projected results for June, and the revised forecast for the H2," the company now sees FY13 revenue in the range of $400-415M versus previous guidance of $420-440M. Adjusted EPS should come in between $0.40-0.50 versus consensus of $0.63. (PR)| Jun. 11, 2013, 11:44 AM
May 2, 2013, 12:59 PM
May 2, 2013, 8:53 AMSymmetry Medical (SMA): Q1 EPS of $0.06 misses by $0.09. Revenue of $98.9M (-2% Y/Y) misses by $7.14M. (PR) | May 2, 2013, 8:53 AM
Feb. 21, 2013, 7:17 AMSymmetry Medical (SMA): Q4 EPS of $0.17 misses by $0.01. Revenue of $106.6M (+26% Y/Y) misses by $1.21M. (PR) | Feb. 21, 2013, 7:17 AM