Thu, Oct. 22, 4:17 PM
Wed, Oct. 21, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, ATHN, BAS, BCR, BJRI, BYD, CHE, COF, CYN, CYT, DV, EGHT, ETFC, FET, FII, FSL, FTNT, GHL, GIMO, GOOG, HBHC, HURN, IG, JNPR, LHO, LOGM, LSTR, MKTO, MSFT, MXIM, N, NTGR, P, PACB, PEB, PFG, QLGC, QLIK, QSII, RMD, SHOR, SIVB, SKX, SMCI, SPNC, SRCL, SWN, SYK, SYNA, T, TRN, UCTT, VRSN, WRE
Thu, Oct. 8, 5:29 PM
- Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI) now expects FQ1 revenue of $529M-$530M, in-line with prior guidance of $520M-$580M but below a $550M midpoint and a $545M consensus.
- EPS guidance has been cut to $0.44-$0.45 from $0.49-$0.59; consensus is at $0.54. Operating expenses are expected to be $2M-$3M above FQ4 levels.
- The server OEM blames "stronger seasonal effects," weak European/Asian demand, and customer push-outs. "We continue to maintain our full year expectations for revenue growth for fiscal 2016 and remain confident that Supermicro will continue to gain market share and grow multiple times the industry growth rate led by growth in storage, cloud computing, HPC and enterprise."
- FQ1 results arrive on the afternoon of Oct. 22. Shares have plunged to $27.45 after hours.
Tue, Aug. 4, 5:10 PM
- In addition to trouncing FQ4 revenue estimates (and slightly beating on EPS), Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI) is guiding for FQ1 revenue of $520M-$580M, mostly above a $524.7M consensus. EPS guidance of $0.49-$0.59 is in-line with a $0.56 consensus, and below at the midpoint.
- Super Micro notes sales of its dense/low-power FatTwin modular servers were a strong point in Q2, rising over 100% Y/Y. Storage (+79%) was also a growth driver, as were sales of the company's recently-launched MicroBlade servers.
- Weighing on EPS: Gross margin (non-GAAP) fell 60 bps Q/Q to 15.7% (it was up 10 bps Y/Y). GAAP operating expenses rose 22% Y/Y to $49.9M. Super Micro states it's in the midst of a 30% capacity expansion for its San Jose and European manufacturing ops.
- Shares have risen to $27.15 AH.
- FQ4 results, PR
Tue, Aug. 4, 4:19 PM
Tue, Apr. 21, 4:09 PM
Mon, Apr. 20, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jan. 20, 6:55 PM
- Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI) expects FQ3 revenue of $450M-$500M and EPS of $0.46-$0.52. The former is mostly above a $457.8M consensus, and the latter entirely above a $0.43 consensus.
- FQ2 gross margin rose 110 bps Q/Q and 130 bps Y/Y to 16.8%. GAAP opex rose 19% Y/Y to $41.6M (compares with revenue growth of 41%). One customer made up over 10% of sales.
- SMCI +1.5% AH. Some good news has been priced in since the server vendor posted an FQ1 beat three months ago.
- FQ2 results, PR.
Tue, Jan. 20, 4:09 PM
Mon, Jan. 19, 5:35 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 12:09 PM
- In addition to beating FQ1 estimates, Super Micro (SMCI +12.3%) has guided for FQ2 revenue of $440M-$480M and EPS of $0.44-$0.50, largely above a consensus of $449.4M and $0.44.
- Sales of value-added "server solutions," which include systems based on Super Micro's storage, HPC accelerator, network switch, Twin rack-mounted server, and MicroCloud modular server offerings accounted for 57.7% of revenue, up from 55.2% in FQ4 and 46.4% a year ago.
- Gross margin rose 10 bps Q/Q and 50 bps Y/Y to 15.7%. GAAP opex rose 8% Y/Y to $37.6M (much less than rev. growth of 43%).
- On the CC (transcript), the company noted cloud and Internet data center sales made up 13.7% of revenue, down from 17.8% in FQ4 and up from 8.3% a year ago.
- FQ1 results, PR
Oct. 21, 2014, 4:36 PM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 4:38 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 4:21 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:10 AM
Other News & PR