Super Micro Computer, Inc.NASDAQ
Super Micro Computer Has The Potential To Become The Next IBM Or HP
Martin Vlcek • 19 Comments
Martin Vlcek • 19 Comments
Wed, Nov. 30, 10:18 AM
- Analyst Mark Kelleher moves from the sidelines, considering incorporation of Super Micro Computer hardware at storage vendors like Nutanix, Nimble Storage and Nexenta a projected revenue growth driver. Further notes potential for continued margin improvement.
- Increases target on Super Micro Computer (NASDAQ:SMCI) to $32, from $25 prior (current price $27.50).
Thu, Oct. 27, 5:40 PM
Thu, Oct. 27, 4:26 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALEX, ALJ, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARAY, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATR, ATRC, AUY, AZPN, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOFI, BOOM, BSAC, BVN, CA, CATM, CBI, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CLD, CLMS, CNMD, COLM, COWN, CPT, CRUS, CUBE, CXP, CY, DECK, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, ESS, EXPE, FET, FII, FIX, FLEX, FLS, FORM, FPO, FR, FTNT, FTV, GIMO, GOOG, HBI, HIG, HLS, HTH, IART, IM, INT, INVA, IPHS, ISBC, ITGR, KAMN, KIM, KONA, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, MAA, MAC, MCK, MLNX, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSTR, NANO, NATI, NGD, NR, NSIT, NSR, OFC, OII, OIS, OMCL, OSIS, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PKD, POWI, PSMT, PXLW, RGC, RSG, SGEN, SHOR, SIMO, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPNC, SPSC, SRCL, SSD, SSNC, STRZA, SYK, SYNA, TDOC, TEAM, TFSL, TGB, TLGT, TMST, VCRA, VDSI, VR, VRSN, WRE, WRI, WSFS, YRCW
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:34 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Tue, Jul. 19, 3:00 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 12:46 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 9:14 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:29 PM
- Super Micro Computer (NASDAQ:SMCI): FQ3 EPS of $0.36 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $532.72M (+13.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.87M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Fri, Apr. 15, 12:41 PM
Fri, Jan. 29, 10:59 AM
- Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI) is above $30 for the first time since November after using its FQ2 report to reiterate it expects FY16 (ends June '16) sales growth to top 20%; consensus is at 17.8%.
- Though officially beating consensus, FQ2 revenue of $639M was within a revised $637M-$639M guidance range provided on Jan. 12. FQ3 guidance is for revenue of $530M-$580M and EPS of $0.43-$0.53, in-line with a consensus of $559.7M and $0.50.
- CEO Charles Liang on FQ2: "Our 27% year-over-year growth came from increases in our [server] systems and total solutions which reached 71% of total net sales. Storage solutions grew 58% year-over-year and continue as a key growth driver while cloud and internet datacenter contributed approximately 30% of net sales leveraged by Ultra architecture and other datacenter optimized products. We also saw strong growth across all geographies and especially in North America and Europe."
- Liang on the company's outlook: "Supermicro has developed the broadest array of products based on the upcoming Xeon processor, codenamed Broadwell, for launch at the very end of this quarter. With the new processor launch, combined with our new Simply Double hot-swap 48 bay 2U storage system, software defined storage as well as our industry leading NVMe [SSD storage] solutions, Supermicro is poised to grow its customer relationships this year and is on track with its [FY16] growth projection..."
- Susquehanna's pre-earnings upgrade is looking good.
- Super Micro's FQ2 results, earnings release
- Update (4:43PM ET): Super Micro closed up 10.2% to $29.78.
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:11 PM
- Super Micro Computer (NASDAQ:SMCI): FQ2 EPS of $0.73 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $638.96M (+27.0% Y/Y) beats by $17.47M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM| Wed, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM | 9 Comments
Wed, Jan. 27, 10:09 AM
- Citing several factors, Susquehanna's Mehdi Hosseini has upgraded Super Micro (SMCI +2.6%) to Positive, and hiked his target by $5 to $33.
- Hosseini thinks expectations have been reset following a rough 2015, notes consensus FY16/FY17 estimates are below Super Micro's forecast for 20%+ sales growth, sees data center revenue exposure growing to ~25-30% in FY17 from ~18% in FY15, believes next-gen storage solutions and exposure to upstarts such as Nutanix will act as a growth driver, praises Super Micro's "platform agnostic" business model, and thinks a server product cycle (due this summer) related to Intel's 14nm Broadwell CPU architecture will provide a minor 2016 lift.
- He also thinks the accounting issues that hurt Super Micro in 2015 are behind the company. "We acknowledge that macro-related downside risk exists, but we argue that SMCI's exposure to the secular trends noted above in a de-risked 'platform-agnostic' manner positions the company favorably moving forward."
- The upgrade comes two weeks after Super Micro soared in response to an FQ2 guidance hike. Official FQ2 results (should be accompanied by FQ3 guidance) are due tomorrow afternoon.