Thu, Apr. 21, 8:54 AM
- Safran (OTCPK:SAFRY) has agreed to sell its U.S.-based Morpho Detection unit and related activities to the Smiths Group (OTCPK:SMGZY) for an enterprise value of $710M.
- The business will become part of Smiths' Detection division, which designs and manufactures sensors that identify explosives, weapons, chemical agents and other contraband.
- Now read Safran Is A Great Company But It's Fully Priced
Wed, Mar. 16, 8:57 AM
Mar. 18, 2015, 7:22 AM| Mar. 18, 2015, 7:22 AM
Dec. 19, 2014, 7:31 AM
- Philip Bowman will step down as chief executive of Smiths Group (OTCPK:SMGKF) next year, retiring in December 2015. Bowman has been at the helm of Smiths since 2007.
- The British engineering conglomerate has been grappling with weaker revenues at its medical and detection divisions, and execs came under fire last month after Smiths reported weaker than expected full-year earnings.
Smiths is a global technology company listed on the London Stock Exchange. A world leader in the practical application of advanced technologies, Smiths Group delivers products and services for the threat & contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components... More
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Country: United Kingdom
Other News & PR